My clones are turning yellow

• Thread starter beebud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beebud

beebud

I remember a little yellowing last time I cloned, but these seem like they might run out of nitrogen. What can I do?

My clones are turning yellow
growsince79

growsince79

I don't do rockwool but they are probably too wet and lacking nutes. The yellow ones are probably toast. Rooting in soil is way easier.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Next time you cut clones I’d advice to cut em about 4-6inches long. Not sure if you use any rooting hormone but I use fresh aloe Vera from my garden. There are some threads around here regarding cloning if you have time. Good luck. 🍀
Burnz

Kevuk

Kevuk

New leaves go yellow when they are growing roots but I’ve never seen any like that.

Dan789

Dan789

Thinking those are toast. Next time use the advice of @BurnzYzBudZz gave you above. imho. I like the rapid rooters, using the rooting hormone. Watch the moisture and light at first it's a real balancing act till you get it... Good growing. I'm setting this off season out.

beebud

beebud

Well shit. Im gonna let them run their course at the very least. Some have some purple coloring to them today. I might check out the foliar feed but I was hoping to wait on nutrients till I transplanted. Gonna find a good leaf feed first before and then cut some more and flip the mothers of these into flower. Thought Id try to clone some tops. I now understand why you want clones 4 to 6 inches.

IMG 20211114 181457 HDR
IMG 20211114 181502 HDR
SativaBob

SativaBob

I've had clones look like that then bounce back once they rooted. I'd plant that one with the root poking out. If you have something like coco with perlite that works well then transplant into soil once it's ready with some nice roots.

For next time I'd cut longer clones, scrape the side of the bottom of the stem, dip it in aloe, then cut at a 60 degree angle and put it in the coco/perlite mix and water in. Good luck 🤙

beebud

beebud

I've had clones look like that then bounce back once they rooted. I'd plant that one with the root poking out. If you have something like coco with perlite that works well then transplant into soil once it's ready with some nice roots.

For next time I'd cut longer clones, scrape the side of the bottom of the stem, dip it in aloe, then cut at a 60 degree angle and put it in the coco/perlite mix and water in. Good luck 🤙
Totes did. From all 4 strains. Gonna cross them all with skunk#1

IMG 20211115 182154 HDR
growsince79

growsince79

I cut off all the leaves except the tip and put them in a solo cup with baggie over it. Works every time.

beebud

beebud

I cut off all the leaves except the tip and put them in a solo cup with baggie over it. Works every time.
Ill probably remove some lower growth. Im just defoliating and was lazy. I like the rockwool cause it gives me some time. Last time, I had clones in that proporgator for a month. They were all fine and had a shit ton of roots poking out.

Quicksand

Quicksand

Cuttings will readily root in just water-it’s the easiest way! I have a 99% rate. Opaque coffee cups with aluminum foil, in the corner of my veg room, change water every other day. And no need to move them immediately when roots appear, they can stay in stasis for several months….this is twenty different strains in this dishpan….

938F6F9E F90A 47F3 AAA8 CFCC06BD6A67
beebud

beebud

Cuttings will readily root in just water-it’s the easiest way! I have a 99% rate. Opaque coffee cups with aluminum foil, in the corner of my veg room, change water every other day. And no need to move them immediately when roots appear, they can stay in stasis for several months….this is twenty different strains in this dishpan….
I could see that. Ive been saving these titos bottles of various small lengths for just that. Their glass so I think thats good. I actually tried to water clone a cutting off this surprise auto I have,but tossed it after a week. But all these clones are for a sog seed grab Im trying to do to ensure I have a fair amount of something on top of whatever else I wanna grow. Or maybe a like 6 of them might go in this simple hydro system I saw on youtube. Either way, idk if Ill be smoking these buds.
Edit: Because of the clonex. I used clonex.
Ill prolly smoke the hydro weed here and there, but I might just make concentrates with them.

Jakecan

Jakecan

When I start in rockwool cubes I like to squeeze them on each side before soaking them in water. Then once soaked I squeeze out any excess water so they aren't drenched. Also I take everything off the cut except the top new growth and the two fan leaves growing right underneath the new growth (apical node). Then I will cut the tips off those leaves.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
on clones, depending on where on the plant you get your cutting (the time of year seems to matter a lot more than anyone thinks too), and how old that specific bit is. the plant might be 10 weeks old, but the part you take might be 1 week old. it matters a lot. from my experiments, a bit that is about 10 days old is perfect. older and you need to do it one way and young you need to do it another way. it starts putting out a hormone that stiffens up (more cellulose, stiffer) the stem and they say that is 'woody", woody needs one thing and not woody a different thing.

so, just me, and i said the same before i started really trying to find out, but a clone is a clone is wrong. it really matters what you pick and where you pick from much more than if it is 1 inch or 10 inches tall. i started them less than a half inch tall up to a cola in flower that was 15 inches tall. they all work, just need different things, and different times.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
on clones, depending on where on the plant you get your cutting (the time of year seems to matter a lot more than anyone thinks too), and how old that specific bit is. the plant might be 10 weeks old, but the part you take might be 1 week old. it matters a lot. from my experiments, a bit that is about 10 days old is perfect. older and you need to do it one way and young you need to do it another way. it starts putting out a hormone that stiffens up (more cellulose, stiffer) the stem and they say that is 'woody", woody needs one thing and not woody a different thing.

so, just me, and i said the same before i started really trying to find out, but a clone is a clone is wrong. it really matters what you pick and where you pick from much more than if it is 1 inch or 10 inches tall. i started them less than a half inch tall up to a cola in flower that was 15 inches tall. they all work, just need different things, and different times.
Exactly! There are basic guidelines but seldom are there one method only answers

Top Bottom