My CO BlueBerry is sick!

• Thread starter E.C.U.G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Hi all,

So since ive put all the plants into the new mom cab in my thread my bb mom has taken ill.

She gets the same treatment as everyone else,and there all chugging away.shes yellowing up, leaves are falling off,and im worried i may lose her.if not taken care of.

before i put her in the new mom box she was fine. everything looked good.then all the new growth was real fine leaves and curled backwards in the shape of an o.

I checked ph coming out and its a straight 6.going in ph is also at 6.

I did hit her with a shot of epsom salt today.so any thoughts or info would be helpfull.

i feed my moms twice a month with fox farms and there all in ocean forest.like i said the rest are fine,but she kinda has me confused.

Also i did take a cut from her awhile back,and the cut is fine so im thinking it has to be something i did or am just missing.

Thanks KMK

My co blueberry is sick

My co blueberry is sick 2

My co blueberry is sick 3

My co blueberry is sick 4

My co blueberry is sick 5

My co blueberry is sick 6

My co blueberry is sick 7

Rushoe

Rushoe

ok ph for soil is 6.5 6.8 right????why is the ph so low at 6?????6 is more for coco....what are the ppms coming out???looks like some toxic salt build up.....needs a good plain watering....

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
ok ph for soil is 6.5 6.8 right????why is the ph so low at 6?????6 is more for coco....what are the ppms coming out???looks like some toxic salt build up.....needs a good plain watering....

OK the ph on that water is straight from the spring i get my drinking water from.so i should up the ph to 6.5?i dont have a ppm meter so i cant tell you what that is.ive used the same water for the past year and a half?ive never had a prob with ph being at 6.

Also she was just put in that pot very recently so she has only gotten one feeding since ive had her.shes had nothing but straight water before?so still think she needs flushed for some reason?

symbiote420

symbiote420

Yea the pH totally out of sync I see like 6 nutes locked out, start watering with tap water if your tap is fukt up use bottle spring water, I used a product called Liquid Lime before it brought them back to life fast, next time add some dolomite lime to your soilmix I use a cup for every 2 cu. feet.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Yea the pH totally out of sync I see like 6 nutes locked out, start watering with tap water if your tap is fukt up use bottle spring water, I used a product called Liquid Lime before it brought them back to life fast, next time add some dolomite lime to your soilmix I use a cup for every 2 cu. feet.

Ok so deff gotta get the ph up...strange how the others are fine.maybe she just needs a lil extra tlc.i hope she comes back ok

symbiote420

symbiote420

You know what Kotton check for root aphids, I don't buy FF "soils" anymore because of them, after you water check the top of the soil or fumble the pots roughly side to side they will come out, google some pics so you'll know how they look.
I just had deja vu looking at your pics I hope I'm wrong, good luck bro.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
You know what Kotton check for root aphids, I don't buy FF "soils" anymore because of them, after you water check the top of the soil or fumble the pots roughly side to side they will come out, google some pics so you'll know how they look.

Good god i hope your wrong to!! ill check,and see if i have any.i do have a sticky card in there with them and there is nothing on it so hopefully that is a good sign of being bug free,and its just a mistake on my part somewhere.

You know come to think of it tho sym.i had a case of fungus knats one time,and im thinking the plants looked like that one,but ill have to check.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Almost the same here. Also, while a pH of 6 does seem kind of low, I'm not sure it would cause such a cascade of problems. Some of those leaves look diseased. I would top-dress with dolomite lime mixed with some more soil or sand. And check for flyers, check the root zone. Something is definitely wrong there. I see K issues along with what may be Mg, but it's all confuzzled. Since we can't watch the plant grow into or out of the problems that makes it a little more difficult. For example, my OD girls in the new beds began to show some really weird shit that took me a week of observing and rereading a bunch of stuff to tease apart. N toxicity in combination with, of all things a K deficiency and possibly Mg issues. Solution has ended up being more Sul-Po-Mag. But like I said it took me a week of watching all the plants, progression of symptoms, etcetera. Plus, in the meantime they were being treated for spider mites!

(I can tell you that tomato leaf spray really does appear to work as long as you're diligent about application methods and timing. WTF-age boggles me mind.)

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
damn bro i hope she pulls out of it.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Im having issues with my last bag of FF soil. I know for a fact i got gnats from it and it does not seem to drain like it used to. I think a combination of these two factors is the culprit for both of us. IMO the PH isnt far enough out of wack to cause this. my PH is at 6.5 with the same soil as you and i do not have the yellowing that you do..i do however have some necrotic brown spots that make me think something is eating the roots. Now im pretty high right now and i dont know if that makes any sense but those are my thoughts for what its worth.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Almost the same here. Also, while a pH of 6 does seem kind of low, I'm not sure it would cause such a cascade of problems. Some of those leaves look diseased. I would top-dress with dolomite lime mixed with some more soil or sand. And check for flyers, check the root zone. Something is definitely wrong there. I see K issues along with what may be Mg, but it's all confuzzled. Since we can't watch the plant grow into or out of the problems that makes it a little more difficult. For example, my OD girls in the new beds began to show some really weird shit that took me a week of observing and rereading a bunch of stuff to tease apart. N toxicity in combination with, of all things a K deficiency and possibly Mg issues. Solution has ended up being more Sul-Po-Mag. But like I said it took me a week of watching all the plants, progression of symptoms, etcetera. Plus, in the meantime they were being treated for spider mites!

(I can tell you that tomato leaf spray really does appear to work as long as you're diligent about application methods and timing. WTF-age boggles me mind.)

Hey sea,

Thanks for trying to help me out.so heres whats going on.i checked the roots. white and healthy no root aphids(thank god) or fungus gnats! i will topdress with a lil dolimite lime and see if it makes a diff,and go back to watering with a lil higher of a ph level.

I guess my biggest thing as to why im so perplexed is because all the others are doing just fine.

KMK

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Im having issues with my last bag of FF soil. I know for a fact i got gnats from it and it does not seem to drain like it used to. I think a combination of these two factors is the culprit for both of us. IMO the PH isnt far enough out of wack to cause this. my PH is at 6.5 with the same soil as you and i do not have the yellowing that you do..i do however have some necrotic brown spots that make me think something is eating the roots. Now im pretty high right now and i dont know if that makes any sense but those are my thoughts for what its worth.

Bro i didnt think the ph was the prob either,and your right it deff doesnt drain as well.i even added more perlite to the last 2 bags i bought.i dont know! im praying i dont lose her either.im gonna take the advice of others here and hope it makes a difference.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Bro i didnt think the ph was the prob either,and your right it deff doesnt drain as well.i even added more perlite to the last 2 bags i bought.i dont know! im praying i dont lose her either.im gonna take the advice of others here and hope it makes a difference.

yeah it cant hurt to get the PH spot on so im gonna work on that too. Top dress it is. I added some coco instead of perlite this round so that could be part of my issue. Im gonna see if a little drought wont help me too.

Venom818

Venom818

OK the ph on that water is straight from the spring i get my drinking water from.so i should up the ph to 6.5?i dont have a ppm meter so i cant tell you what that is.ive used the same water for the past year and a half?ive never had a prob with ph being at 6.

Also she was just put in that pot very recently so she has only gotten one feeding since ive had her.shes had nothing but straight water before?so still think she needs flushed for some reason?

get a ph meter bro how often do you feed the soil looks really moist

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Hey Venom818 do you have any recommendations for a good meter for soil? Im at the end of my rope with the cheapos.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Thanks brutha i will snap one up.

Top Bottom