My Colorado Problem

• Thread starter JeromeGarcia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

we grew approximately 1500 pounds of high cbd hemp.

My problem is that this is a shit ton trimming.

What we are currently doing is plucking the main leaves off of dry plants and then shucking the buds off the stems. We rather skip the plucking and only shuck, however we can't figure out how to separate the leaves from the buds in shucked material.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to separate buds from leaves on a large scale?

My colorado problem
My colorado problem 2
My colorado problem 3
JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Why even trim it? Just throw into extractor like everyone else
Because buyers say it looks like it has too much leaf when it is not trimmed.

Our trim job is pretty minimal already. Like it takes an hour to get the leaf off of 4 pounds

xavier7995

xavier7995

No real advice, just wanted to say good job:)

Have you looked into how they harvest stuff like hops or something? Corn harvesting technology might even work, just look at what they were using pre-giant combines maybe? Or figure out what exactly those machines are doing and scale down.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

What are you planning on doing with this once it's all trimmed?

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Have you looked into how they harvest stuff like hops or something? Corn harvesting technology might even work, just look at what they were using pre-giant combines maybe? Or figure out what exactly those machines are doing and scale down.
You obviously missed the Dirty Jobs episode at the hops farm. :) Also, "pre-giant" combines is racist and unfair and I AM OFFENDED. I hope I don't need the [sw].

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
we grew approximately 1500 pounds of high cbd hemp.

My problem is that this is a shit ton trimming.

What we are currently doing is plucking the main leaves off of dry plants and then shucking the buds off the stems. We rather skip the plucking and only shuck, however we can't figure out how to separate the leaves from the buds in shucked material.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to separate buds from leaves on a large scale?
You need to learn how to buck down. It's better to do it branch by branch instead of trying to remove the fans from the whole plant while leaving the buds on it. Then, once it's bucked down, get it into a trimmer. I really liked the TrimPal and want to buy one of my own.

Anyway, each bud is going to have to be handled individually and by hand. The goal is to streamline that process and keep the number of times each bud is handled to a minimum. This isn't just to help preserve flower quality, it's a good managerial practice to get into.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Is bucking down taking all the material off of the plant (branch by branch) instead of plucking the leaves off first then taking the buds off?

Currently we pluck then shuck.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Combines are more for seed extraction and separation as they would tend to lose a lot of the bud material.

xavier7995

xavier7995

How about something based on those baskets they use to harvest cranberries per the oceanspray commercial? But yeah:( I think seamaiden might be right that you would need to do a fairly manual process if that is the sort of product/finish the buyer wants. That sucks though, can you adjust prices accordingly? You want it trimmed like that...sure no problem, but labor costs money.

Top Bottom