My Custom Drying Closet Kept At 60 Degrees F And 60%

• Thread starter StandingRock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StandingRock

StandingRock

So guys I've posted about my thru wall window ac units, but then I decided to buy another and create a custom drying room. I didn't include pictures of everything for security reasons, but I think you'll get the idea.

I was able to put a window shaker through the wall in the closet of the room I grow in. I've put a dehumidifier in there with a hose through the wall to a five gallon bucket for drainage along with a little fan. I have separate temperature and humidity controllers that I run through the wall so I can control it from outside. Lastly, I cover the door with a couple of moving blankets for insulation.

All in all the ac unit runs half the time and doesn't overheat at all. It also does not overheat the room(basement) it exhausts into either. It does leak just a little smell so I got one of those timer sprayers for the exhaust room and it smells fine in there now. It's able to keep the room at a constant 60 degrees F and 60% humidity which is perfect for that nice slow dry. It takes about 2 weeks to dry, but if the room is really packed it can take 3 weeks.

My nugs come out perfectly dry and beautiful looking. I swear they get even more trichomes in the dry room. I've run this setup with great success for 4 runs.

My custom drying closet kept at 60 degrees f and 60
My custom drying closet kept at 60 degrees f and 60 2
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So guys I've posted about my thru wall window ac units, but then I decided to buy another and create a custom drying room. I didn't include pictures of everything for security reasons, but I think you'll get the idea.

I was able to put a window shaker through the wall in the closet of the room I grow in. I've put a dehumidifier in there with a hose through the wall to a five gallon bucket for drainage along with a little fan. I have separate temperature and humidity controllers that I run through the wall so I can control it from outside. Lastly, I cover the door with a couple of moving blankets for insulation.

All in all the ac unit runs half the time and doesn't overheat at all. It also does not overheat the room(basement) it exhausts into either. It does leak just a little smell so I got one of those timer sprayers for the exhaust room and it smells fine in there now. It's able to keep the room at a constant 60 degrees F and 60% humidity which is perfect for that nice slow dry. It takes about 2 weeks to dry, but if the room is really packed it can take 3 weeks.

My nugs come out perfectly dry and beautiful looking. I swear they get even more trichomes in the dry room. I've run this setup with great success for 4 runs.
Looks really good!
Im prob emulate that as i use my grow room to keep mine at the same....60 and 60 for 14 days...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I got an older fridge in the garage. I bet i can set it to have 60 and 60.
U think that would work?

Top Bottom