• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

I am back.

20220129 112554

yes, it's been a while.

20220130 114130

didn't go anywhere. mainly working from home.

20211214 100006

i'm still doing our thing.

20211206 191602

Hello.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

20220119 171144

my last little harvest, mango kush, about a month ago.

20211214 111547

I AM HERE TO REPORT that the biggest thing to happen to me, since i was away, is that I went COLD TURKEY early December last, and I haven't had any nicotine & tobacco for the last 2 months. now, i'm more into smoking JOINTS and King Palm WRAPS than pulling billies, otherwise it's my Storz & Bickel Mighty vaporiser.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Experiments and explorations.

last Saturday, bought a small jar of peanut butter.

scooped some pb out first, to make some room for the AVB. target is 20 grams AVB into 150 grams peanut butter. then i am going to make some firecrackers.

20220129 083749

clearly labelled, though you would hope ppl look at what they're eating. also, placed out-of-reach.

R

rolandrog

PRE-NOTE: Take 2 on writing this thread...so, paraphrasing what I might have written before. I am suspecting the downtime last night wiped my new thread, which I swear I wrote in this 'Grow Diaries' section.

Maybe I am going crazy? I imagined writing my thread and its responses. I definitely uploaded a 'before' and 'after' photos. it's not a double post, is it? I think i was talking about my own credibility.

------------------

Yup, it's been a struggle this year. This struggle all stemmed from my visit to the store several months ago, when they didn't have the regular potting mix I had used in past grows. I made a wrong decision on-the-spot in the choice of 'premium' potting mix.

View attachment 927343

Kicking myself for making this silly mistake, getting the fundamentals wrong doesn't help. I read the bag's label closely, before purchasing! Made sure no slow-release fertiliser time-bomb, right balance of NPK,etc.

Other reason for kicking myself was not correcting this silly mistake quicker. I let it go for about a month, when I knew immediately what the issue was, unsuitable potting mix causing poor root development.

View attachment 927344

On the flip side, i learned some lessons. I found a better soil/potting mix, which i may use in future grows. i learned to tackle the issue immediately, and properly.

hey, those who never stuff up, never have the joy of figuring it out, finally. maybe, its more a relief.

i could have germinated seeds, sown it, and it would have been more developed (in the new potting mix), than rescuing these babies. But happy that i got these babies back from the dead, and i didn't burn any more seeds.

Onto the next challenge....

This is why I'm writing this grow diary here, to show others the stuffups and its fixes (or not) - rather than tellling ya all how big & beautiful my dick is.
Dude :-), potting mixes are not miracle workers. I didn't read your grow diary, yet :-). It looks like u may need to check your pH run-off. Looks like a possible iron deficiency and definitely a nitrogen deficiency.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Dude :-), potting mixes are not miracle workers. I didn't read your grow diary, yet :-). It looks like u may need to check your pH run-off. Looks like a possible iron deficiency and definitely a nitrogen deficiency.

yeah, moved on from there, many issues resolved. ran into other issues including spidermite infestations. its a constant evolution, including setup, routines, skills, grows, garden and issues....

Last edited:
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i am still exploring, experimenting and expanding....

contents of a small tupperware container, my emergency 'rolling' kit.

Glass Blunt
Grav glass steamroller
RAW Protips
1 1/4 and Regular-Wide rolling papers
1 1/4 and Regular Rolling Machines
small blue round silicon container, half full of kief
3 doobies tubes containing joints
lighter
small roll of hemp wick
etc

The RAW BLACK is my favourite rolling papers with its criss-crossed watermarks.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

my 3rd and 4th DWC grows, early vegetative phase, both banana kush, under T5 fluroscent.

20220205 173637

i haven't measured its pH and TDS levels for this grow, yet. i just add a little more nutrients than the last reservior change. i do an aquarium water change weekly, and use the discarded aquarium water as base for DWC reserviors.

20220205 173628

planning to allow another 5+ weeks in vegetative phase before flipping. growing roots further developing within the buckets, they're about to take off, i reckon.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

AMBER ALERT, alien present in the household, plumber here to fix up the toilet & shower, this morning.

then i read this newspaper article over breakfast and her coffee. i'm just a small guy, not growing ice.

Last edited:
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

stocking up.

20220209 180713

i prefer the 1 1/4 size (79 mm) rolling papers as its an adequate table for one.

here i bough some larger sized rolling machines - blunts, wraps, phatty, etc - for those special occasions.

the ashtray and the steel poker were freebies, which merchant chucked in.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

my third DWC grow, doing ok, under T5.

20220208 201027
s

she has over a month to get larger, before i flip her.

i'll measure her TDS reading when i flip, as I change from Canna Aqua Vega [A+B] to Canna Aqua Flora [A + B]. no fuss, thus far, knock on wood, i just change its reservoir weekly, adding a little more nutrient than the previous week. i don't measure TDS and pH levels, i don't do any adjustments, stuff it, she seems to be doing ok. i don't measure the reservoir water level, i don't measure anything.

yeah, there isn't any 'science' in my DWC grows, i just slop it together. i fear if i tinker, i make things worse, rather than improve.

i plan to lob some of the lower growth off soon, and get some cuttings for the next generations. these banana kush gets bushy, so they like a prune to stay in desired shape.

Last edited:
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

A year ago...

I smoked through the standard glass billy. Or a simple plastic bottle as a bong, Blu-tac (or bubble gum) around the standard aluminium stem with its brass cone. I chopped up the mull with tobacco, using a pair of scissors.

I would occasionally roll up a spliff, on-the-go. I used exclusively Tally-Ho rolling papers, widely available at our local supermarkets.

Today....

i smoke through my Grav small glass bubbler. I use a grinder, and don't mix my bowls with tobacco. I don't smoke cigarettes, anymore. i also vape using my S&B Mighty.

i toke on joints, daily, straight ganja, no tobacco mixed. I no longer use those awful bleached Tally-Ho. I use hemp, rice and flavoured rolling papers of mainly regular (70 mm) and 1 1/4 (79 mm) sizes. I smoke King Palm wraps.

got more taste now, more variety in methods of consumption, even more enjoyment. i was so set in my old ways, which i stuck to for so many years, such narrow approach.

Many years ago...

I would smoke socially, and hardly smoke on my own.

Today....

I mainly go solo.

The best thing I did last year was to go COLD TURKEY and quit tobacco.

Latest posts

Top Bottom