My DIY homedepot blaster

• Thread starter rusty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rusty

rusty

I'm posting this as a lil' how-to because when I was making my blaster I ran into this issue, when I wanted to show a friend how to make BHO, again same issue: I'm sure we've all been there, you need to make BHO, you need a blaster, you don't want to wait around on ordering a proper okeef or glass blaster, you cant find a stainless turkey baster in town, you're too smart to want to use ABS or PVC… you wind up at home depot with your MacGyver goggles on (lowes works too, they got the same shit)…

If you're not careful you'll give up looking for steel and wind up walking out with a copper or PVC rig, but you don't have to! They do have a decent stainless option in the bathroom section, check out the grab bars. Grab bars are stainless steel and come in 1-1/2" or 1-1/4" tubing sizes. I could only find the 1 1/2" tubing size back when I made mine so thats what I use, but they have a 1 1/4" size bar on their site, thats what I would of got if I could of:

You will need to cut the curved ends off the grab bar to get a straight tube, obviously. I use a pipe cutter for cutting pipe… (logical, right?). I cut my 1-1/2" di grab bar to 12" long and it holds between 2-3 oz (just to kinda give u a clue). Clean the SHIT out of inside with rubbing alcohol to get all the machining oil out.

For the cap end I use one of these rubber leg tips (you can hose-clamp it down if it makes ya feel safer, they stay on really well tho on ther own):

Butane never sees the rubber from that tip tho, its lined with a metal washer to make it firm, and then a neoprene washer to act as the caps contact-surface/seal. A hole is put in the middle of the leg tip and a butane-can-tip (I like to use the vector kind with a lil washer on it) shoved through all 3 layers.

So, if you got the 1-1/4 tube, you would get these washers:

Heres what the assembly will look like:
step1.jpg

step2.jpg

step3.jpg

step4.jpg

step5.jpg

Here is what it looks like all put together:
final.jpg

I couldn't find stainless washers in the store at the time I made mine, so I used a zink plated washer, I didn't want a zink contact surface and thats really why I used the neoprene. If you find a stainless washer, you might not need the neoprene? I do like knowing I have a neoprene seal going on in the cap keeping things air-tight.

Thats pretty much it. You'll need a hose clamp from the home de' pot, if you don't have one already.

For screen material, I usually use sink-drain screens (always stainless) from the dollar store.

But yeah, there seems to be a lack of decent DIY blaster threads out there on the interwebs (probably because it IS such a dumb device)… but I ran into issues finding shit to make mine and could of used some help (probably because I really wanted SS or glass)… if I was okay with using plastic, then the job would of been much easier, but for those that want a nice SS blaster they can put together from a trip to the hardware store without ordering shit online, this is a good option. Hope this helps.

Don't blow yourself up.

Or hell, blow yourself up :mad0233:

haha

= Rusty

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
nice little get it today for under $ 25 DIY

Aligee

Aligee

Yes looks like a good workable bho tube nice DIY !!! I still use my stainless turkey baster works pretty good !!!

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Kick ass DIY man. +rep for you. I was just thinking about making one of these last night and had no clue of how to go about it. You just saved me alot of time and money.

Thank you.

S

sfzoo

nice job.

i go to the local grocer and get a glass turkey bater. coffee filter and zip tie. $8 total...

..just an alternative.

Thanks for sharing.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Kick ass DIY man. +rep for you. I was just thinking about making one of these last night and had no clue of how to go about it. You just saved me alot of time and money.

Thank you.

just make sure you wrap the tube or wear a glove - shit gets pretty cold

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
just make sure you wrap the tube or wear a glove - shit gets pretty cold

I was gonna ask about that actually..glad you mentioned it before i forgot and jacked myself up. Thank bro.

Sorry for the lazy question but where do you guys get your butane? and is one brand better than another as far as the bottle nozzle or whatever?

rusty

rusty

yeah man, i just use a pot holder. I actually have a ss turkey baster I use for smaller runs, I used to keep a oury grip on it (mad hipster factor! haha) but honestly, the thing got nasty quick and was hard to clean, better off just to use a glove, oven mit, pot holder, foam pipe insulation, etc.

funny thing, i ALWAYS fucking forget the pot holder and start spraying before i realize 'oh yeah, my bare skin is holding the pipe!'

thc doesnt make u absent minded… does it? ¡shit!

rusty

rusty

where do you guys get your butane? and is one brand better than another as far as the bottle nozzle or whatever?

I get my tane from a local head shop, they seem to carry butane for our purposes and they dont mind u buying 3 cans or a case. u CAN get better deals online tho. I've used vector and lucienne, thats what they have in stock locally. Just look for 5x refined, 0 impurities (or so say the label). Here is a list someone else put together.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I get my tane from a local head shop, they seem to carry butane for our purposes and they dont mind u buying 3 cans or a case. u CAN get better deals online tho. I've used vector and lucienne, thats what they have in stock locally. Just look for 5x refined, 0 impurities (or so say the label). Here is a list someone else put together.

thanks a ton brutha!! your avatar is killing me..lmao

rusty

rusty

thanks a ton brutha!! your avatar is killing me..lmao

no problemo!

nice job.

i go to the local grocer and get a glass turkey bater. coffee filter and zip tie. $8 total...

..just an alternative.

Thanks for sharing.

Man, i looked and looked (well, maybe I spent a couple hours driving around), I couldnt find anything but plastic basters, cool u found glass. I ordred a SS baster later, I use it for small runs now (its less likely for my clumsy ass to break than a glass one, heh)

budboy299

budboy299

absolutely stellar idea Rusty....thinkin outside the box, at its finest!

Top Bottom