My first auto grow in my new spider farmer tent

• Thread starter Spike8910
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Spike8910

Spike8910

This is only my second grow first grow got 5 ounce off 2 plants but one of them hermed in last 2 week

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I bought a spider farmer light bc i thought it was 2 cycle, autoflowers grow best under blue light a full spec light has red and ir in it, this can cause autoflowers to flower prematurely, a full spec light immitates the sun and autos yield less outdoors, after explaining my problem to spider farmer they cheerfully refunded my cash, this does not matter with photoperid plants bc you cut the cycle to induce flowering, your autoflowers will grow but you may get less yield. Spider told me they are working on just blue boards for veg, and all red boards for bloom hope things work out well.

Spike8910

Spike8910

Just a quick update the gsc is doing well seriously considering taking the strawberry pie out it's really lagging behind

20210421 093949
20210421 093945
20210421 093942
20210421 093935
20210421 093931
20210421 093919
a4twenty

a4twenty

be careful using such big pots to start seedlings as it makes it too easy to overwater. overwatering can definitely slow or completely stop root development.

from your picture, the soil looks quite dark which leads me to believe you have watered the pot rather than the plant. for plants that size in pots that big i would just pour a small amount of water right at the stem and allow it to mostly dry out before watering again.

Spike8910

Spike8910

I know but I thought it was better not to transplant autos and it's only one plant that's slow and these just been watered

a4twenty

a4twenty

I know but I thought it was better not to transplant autos and it's only one plant that's slow and these just been watered

sorry, missed where you said they were autos, now see it's in the title. 🙄 (i was already following the thread and just clicked on the alert for a new post)

i agree, best not to mess around transplanting autos but then you have to adjust how you water early on. you don't need to water all of the soil, just the soil being used by the root system.

in this case i would just gently pour about a cup of water right around the stem. as the roots establish themselves, you increase the amount of water. you can judge where the roots are by the canopy or lack of, as the root system generally spreads out as much as the vegetation you can see above the soil.

Top Bottom