My first Brick hash attempt

• Thread starter smokedareefer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dextr0

dextr0

Because your smoking contams. Watch any Bubbleman video...hell my buddies don’t even go longer than 30 seconds.

It’s just a better product period. When working material and doing grades you’ve got A grade and B grade. A grade is hardly touched at all. This is your 98-99 pure heads. B grade will be anything with less heads. At 10 min the average ratio of heads to contam is around 50/50 for good product less for not so good product...now imagine an hour run.

Pull a scope out you’ll see what I mean.

Only a suggestion. Try 10 min gather that then continue your hour runs.

🤷🏻‍♂️ Or not...no pressure just trying get u better product.

dextr0

dextr0

Yea i know that but we are a 3 gram a day couple if my yield was half that we'd be smoking the equivalent of 2 lbs of bud a month

Bubble hash may be a better answer then. It yields better and separation of micron let’s you clean easier....

Or you can dedicate whole plants to your work like I do.
17C374B6 293B 464E A524 8E6057CB4DFA

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
All i use is straight bud.
grow more weed!
i’m in the same predicament, i smoke 3 gms hash a day with hash oil.. i can barely keep up.. i’ll be expanding soon to a little bigger grow, till than sometimes i have to go buy my hash.
maybe start out with bubble as it’s easier to make hash,
dry sifting, weed has to be dried and cured for like 5-6 months than dried out more, basically the resin needs to ripened first than your sift has to be cleaned..
pure heads you can basically pick up and press right in your hands as you test..
or use a lighter to a small piece of sift and watch what it does- this method is a little harder to tell..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
grow more weed!
i’m in the same predicament, i smoke 3 gms hash a day with hash oil.. i can barely keep up.. i’ll be expanding soon to a little bigger grow, till than sometimes i have to go buy my hash.
maybe start out with bubble as it’s easier to make hash,
dry sifting, weed has to be dried and cured for like 5-6 months than dried out more, basically the resin needs to ripened first than your sift has to be cleaned..
pure heads you can basically pick up and press right in your hands as you test..
or use a lighter to a small piece of sift and watch what it does- this method is a little harder to tell..
That's about where I'm at, 3g's per day.
Although I don't make it anymore since I've found a deadly source for excellent hash here that I get in trade, i give my buddy 2oz of bud for an oz of hash. I couldn't come close to making it for that exchange rate, so I leave the hash making to the pros for now. But I do find the process fascinating. A lot more work goes into quality product than most people realize, and having a good hash making strain is equally important.

These guys make a ton of this soft black hash that is just amazing smoke. I'll be very sad if this source ever dries up.
20211001 203727

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Although I don't make it anymore since I've found a deadly source for excellent hash here that I get in trade, i give my buddy 2oz of bud for an oz of hash. I couldn't come close to making it for that exchange rate, so I leave the hash making to the pros for now. But I do find the process fascinating. A lot more work goes into quality product than most people realize, and having a good hash making strain is equally important.

These guys make a ton of this soft black hash that is just amazing smoke. I'll be very sad if this source ever dries up.View attachment 1175674
i want some, i’ll give 3 ounces!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
i want some, i’ll give 3 ounces!
It's a crazy good deal hey. My friend knows the guys who make it so he gets me the deal, they just love my wedding crasher bud apparently. And I love their hash, it's a Win win. The strain they use to make this stuff was apparently sourced in India and is really not a good plant for bud production at all, it has huge, ugly fluffy buds that don't look very nice, the smoke is mediocre, low THC,... but importantly it has very high resin extraction yields and the resin itself is superb.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
It's a crazy good deal hey. My friend knows the guys who make it so he gets me the deal, they just love my wedding crasher bud apparently. And I love their hash, it's a Win win. The strain they use to make this stuff was apparently sourced in India and is really not a good plant for bud production at all, it has huge, ugly fluffy buds that don't look very nice, the smoke is mediocre, low THC,... but importantly it has very high resin extraction yields and the resin itself is superb.
that’s why i’ll be growing some afghania landraces in the near future and probably be keeping it around a while..
but seriously haha aren’t you in ontario?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
that’s why i’ll be growing some afghania landraces in the near future and probably be keeping it around a while..
but seriously haha aren’t you in ontario?
Vancouver Island.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

i do not know , but i get study on the brick, could it be like a bunch of hay bales stacked green that heat up when pressed together?
I've made 6 different bricks and there has been only that one that did that.

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

These guys make a ton of this soft black hash that is just amazing smoke. I'll be very sad if this source ever dries up.View attachment 1175674
of this i have no doubt its been 25 years since ive even looked my eyes on any hash!

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I tried some different times in the tumbler. 40 min, 25 min and three runs at 15 min. Crop was harvested july 20 so just over 5 months. Each of the 5 baggies were 300 gms of flower.

20220103 052848

484 gms total from 1500 gms flower.
32% return before cleaning

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

This was from a 10 min tumble using 300 grams of flower each. Approx 15% return.
20220222 080942

I'll wash the leftovers in everclear

Last edited:
Top Bottom