My first DIY Vaporizer - from scrounged materials

• Thread starter lilred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lilred

First time post, please be kind :)

This is my first attempt at a DIY vape - I found the plans for the jar/soldering iron one (just Google "diy vaporizer"), and decided to give it a go.

I'm not nearly as motivated as the original maker, so I constructed it from crap I had around the house...in fact, I didn't even have to leave the house!

Materials:
Gallon glass jar (the kind with the little push button spigot)
Metal tissue box cover
Base from an old crappy wood lamp
Pickle jar lid (large)*
Cheap soldering iron (new - bought it awhile ago but never used it)
Some old pipes that I never got around to throwing out
2 screens
Clear tubing
Misc screws, nuts, other hardware from the old lamp

Assembly was pretty simple - especially since the top of the jar already has a hole in it for pouring.

I read several arguments about the risk of "toxic fumes" from copper tubing/brass fittings, etc. used in the original design. I didn't have those materials anyway - so I just pieced together some old pipes - worked like a charm.

I also just used a bowl from a pipe on the tip of the soldering iron. It fit just snugly enough so no mods or adhesive/epoxy was needed. I used two screens to keep the tip from being in direct contact with the meds.

Works fast, lots of vapor, and the spigot works great as a carb...I just turned it upside down so it's easy to use.

I'll come back tomorrow and try to post some clearer details, but at the moment I am reaping the benefits of a very successful diy vape.

Nighty night. :sleepy

*pickles are awesome

My first diy vaporizer   from scrounged materials
My first diy vaporizer   from scrounged materials 2
My first diy vaporizer   from scrounged materials 3
My first diy vaporizer   from scrounged materials 4

Latest posts

Top Bottom