My first dry and cure. Long term storage?

• Thread starter Terpeneluv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Hey all,

I'm about 3 weeks into my cure, after 9 days off full plant drying. Dry trimmed and in the Mason Jars. Very pleased with the yield, as well as the product.

I've noticed as the weeks go, the flowers seem to tighten up and have greater bag appeal through this time. In fact, when I did a quick burp last night, I looked at some of those and freaking blown away I helped make this happen. Just incredible. I'm not doing this for profit, but more to share flowers, breakfast bars, chocolates and gummies for everybody (but I'm keeping most of the choice buds for me)!

Anyway, my questions:

1. I have Bovida packs (63%) in all the jars, as well as those mini hygrometers in each and reading about 61%. How long can I store these flowers? Do I need to replace those humidity packs at any point?

2. I'm assuming I can slow the frequency of burping. It's like every other day right now. The jars are stored in a very cool part of my house (60f or less) in the dark.. Does it get to the point I don't need to burp? Or do I just do it every week or so?

The only thing I haven't done was seriously compare both strains. I need to do the one-hit test on separate days, but I keep eating my edibles and it screws up my test. Haha. That, I need to do....

Anyway, thanks.

Best "hobby" ever.

RobertsResrv

RobertsResrv

Hey all,

I'm about 3 weeks into my cure, after 9 days off full plant drying. Dry trimmed and in the Mason Jars. Very pleased with the yield, as well as the product.

I've noticed as the weeks go, the flowers seem to tighten up and have greater bag appeal through this time. In fact, when I did a quick burp last night, I looked at some of those and freaking blown away I helped make this happen. Just incredible. I'm not doing this for profit, but more to share flowers, breakfast bars, chocolates and gummies for everybody (but I'm keeping most of the choice buds for me)!

Anyway, my questions:

1. I have Bovida packs (63%) in all the jars, as well as those mini hygrometers in each and reading about 61%. How long can I store these flowers? Do I need to replace those humidity packs at any point?

2. I'm assuming I can slow the frequency of burping. It's like every other day right now. The jars are stored in a very cool part of my house (60f or less) in the dark.. Does it get to the point I don't need to burp? Or do I just do it every week or so?

The only thing I haven't done was seriously compare both strains. I need to do the one-hit test on separate days, but I keep eating my edibles and it screws up my test. Haha. That, I need to do....

Anyway, thanks.

Best "hobby" ever.

What was your method for dry and cure?

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

I had a spare room. Blocked the windows, set the humidity to 60% (give it take) for close to ten days. Only removed the main fan leaves.

Trimmed them up and tossed into Mason Jars to 75% capacity. Kept around 62% RH for close to a month now. Turned out spectacular. I'm very very pleased with the success for being such a green pea.

Seriously, though. It would have not been nearly as successful without The Farm. Grateful is not a strong enough word.

H

Honcho559

The boveda packs turn solid when you need to change them just throw it out and replace. Integra humidity packs have a little card that has a dot that turns blue when you need to replace it. I used some to get some flowers ready for pressing both brands work good didn't lose any taste or smell.

DadWasANarc

DadWasANarc

Although Boveda says they are not rechargeable I’ve used the same 4 for years. Boil some water and pour some in a glass in a sealable container with the Bovedas. Between the vapor and the water you can recharge them. Eventually the paper gets a little worn

Top Bottom