My first dwc

• Thread starter RHINO_RECOVERY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RHINO_RECOVERY

Hi all i have done grows before but i saw a technique that is used for growing lettuces where the plans are floating in polystyrene pads so thought i would give it a grow i can't find anyone on here doing it this way with all the roots submerged under water.if anyone could give me a push in the right direction to find more about this technique it would be appreciated i have six plants in pots floating on a polystyrene bed with 3 big air stones at the bottom of the rez a 600w hps & a 145 L/min air pump.
WHAT U THINK???
The girls seem to be doing ok and have been on 12/12 for two weeks i'm using ionic feed and adding Guardian Angel for the prevention of root disease so once again any info on this would be a great help or links to posts or a grow diary would be spot on sorry about the diagram i know it's pants

My first dwc
My first dwc 2
My first dwc 3
My first dwc 4
Plant4
Plant 1
Plant 2
L

l0g1c4l

Hey, welcome to the farm! Looks like you're pretty good at taking care of the ladies for sure! There are many many many threads on Direct water culture systems at the thcfarmer, all you gotta do is read!! Check out all the bucket threads, the under current threads, the DWC threads and i'm sure there are a few other ways of describing that type of growing. I know each of its methods is different in their own way, but all have submerged roots.

K

kuz

Is the water just sitting in the tub? Kind of like a big aerogarden. Any plans for flushing?

I've seen the floating rafts growing lettuce, but the water was flowing beneath the rafts. There was an article in growing edge magazine about this, it was also aquaponic, the greenhouse was called Kirby Peak Ranch.

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Looking a little stressed there man. But many many sites for your nugs. check out of texaskid's stuff that guy is rockin!

R

RHINO_RECOVERY

Yea they are sitting in the water & do look a bit stressed as i have a 600w hps and not a lot of room,i need to keep bending and strapping them down : ) i'm going to find very long buckets then tilt it a slight angle flowing into the same size bucket underneath with a pump returning.

some more pics

Plant1
Plant2
Plant 3
Baby
Plant4
Plant5
Top Bottom