My first ever grow

• Thread starter Amadabo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Amadabo

After years of reading forums and watching videos I took the best things from a ton of different people and decided to have a small grow for my first try ever. Just one plant. And it is going way crazier than expected. So I'm running a DWC system in a 10 gal bucket with a 950gph air compressor using 4, 10" air stones. The strain is a original amnesia feminized seed I started using one 1500w 5 COB LED grow lights. Then added a second and now 4 weeks into flowering I have added a third, 1800w 6 COB LED. Originally the plant was growing slow the first week while it established a root system then it just started exploding. I topped it once and did LST from the very beginning, after that went well I fimmed the plant in 8 other places. I tied everything down and eventually the plant was almost tall enough for flowering so I added a scrog net, let it fill out and flipped to 12/12, immediately the plant started exploding with growth. After flipping to 12/12 in 3 weeks the plant quadrupled in size. Went from 1ft tall to 5ft tall. Right now it is in week 4 of flowering, all the buds are so frosty and they havent evend plumped up or filled out yet at all. I use gh flora series combined with humbolts secrets golden tree in veg and with advanced nutrients big bud for flowering. The plant was growing so insane during the stretch that it filled the whole full size bathtub. I ended up schwazzing the plant which allowed me to re arrange the branches and set the plant up in a better shape. Ever since I schwazzed the plant the buds have exploded in growth and are insanely frosty.

My first ever grow
My first ever grow 2
My first ever grow 3
My first ever grow 4
My first ever grow 5
My first ever grow 6
My first ever grow 7
My first ever grow 8
My first ever grow 9
My first ever grow 10
My first ever grow 11
My first ever grow 12
My first ever grow 13
My first ever grow 14
My first ever grow 15
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You have done a good job. You are going to need more light, however. If you look at the earlier pictures VS the later pics, the plants have stretched up to the light. The earlier pictures were very bushy and thick, while the later pictures were tall and not nearly as densely covered in leaves. If you had more or brighter lights, the plants wouldn't have grown as tall, or if they did, they would be very bushy. Notice how your plants got leggier the more that you raised your lights.
For a first grow, you did very well. A lot better than many. Reading first is a great way to do it and many more would be succesful if they did a little reading first... but you also need real life experience, which you are getting. Keep up the reserch and don't be afraid to pump up the lights. At this stage, doubling your lights would more than double your yield. Keep up the good work!

A

Amadabo

You have done a good job. You are going to need more light, however. If you look at the earlier pictures VS the later pics, the plants have stretched up to the light. The earlier pictures were very bushy and thick, while the later pictures were tall and not nearly as densely covered in leaves. If you had more or brighter lights, the plants wouldn't have grown as tall, or if they did, they would be very bushy. Notice how your plants got leggier the more that you raised your lights.
For a first grow, you did very well. A lot better than many. Reading first is a great way to do it and many more would be succesful if they did a little reading first... but you also need real life experience, which you are getting. Keep up the reserch and don't be afraid to pump up the lights. At this stage, doubling your lights would more than double your yield. Keep up the good work!
Thanks! 8 weeks and one day into flowering today!(most of these pics are a week old) Ended up installing a 3rd, larger, light on the 14th of october and that has helped a lot! However the ventilation for my bathroom wouldn't be able to keep up with the heat of any more grow lights. Room went from 75°F with the door closed w/2 lights to 95°F w/3....Next go around I will have to build a better ventilation setup because I can definitely tell I would have gotten more end product.

20191111 214427
20191110 203832
20191111 214543
20191111 214523
20191111 214554
20191111 214707
20191111 214446
A

Amadabo

Accidentally snapped of a decent size really dense 4g nug with a very tiny weak stem reaching in trying to tie a bending branch up, so I half trimmed it up, here it is next to a regular size bic lighter, does the bud get less sticky when its dried? Stickiest bud I've ever touched

Snapchat 1988812406
Top Bottom