My First Grow, a PH question.

• Thread starter ShyDotty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
Is there a way I can raise the PH in the Coco? Or will it raise itself when I feed them?
I'm not sure why it dropped either, they are around 5.5 ish atm but last week they were all 6.0 ish. 🤔
You are fine, just water ~5.7 pH every time. Coco normally is 6.4 out of the bag, meaning it tries to go up, same with ~most/all soils that I have bought. Watering with 5.7pH has always been great for me in coco (and soil), ~1.2 ec, little or no runoff if not organic. Always good to keep an eye on the medium itself too and for sure if you suspect there is an issue.

I just made a video how to rise pH in case anyone needs, but you don't need it now, I'm pretty sure, just water with 5.7 pH and make sure the medium stays in range (~5.6-6.0 imo). If that doesn't work, figure out what you need to do based off it's results.

Last edited:
ShyDotty

ShyDotty

You are fine, just water ~5.7 pH every time. Coco normally is 6.4 out of the bag, meaning it tries to go up, same with ~most/all soils that I have bought. Watering with 5.7pH has always been great for me in coco (and soil), ~1.2 ec, little or no runoff if not organic. Always good to keep an eye on the medium itself too and for sure if you suspect there is an issue.

I just made a video how to rise pH in case anyone needs, but you don't need it now, I'm pretty sure, just water with 5.7 pH and make sure the medium stays in range (~5.6-6.0 imo). If that doesn't work, figure out what you need to do based off it's results.

Thankyou very much. You've reassured me. I do tend to overthink nd worry. 🥴

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i got to say this thread really give me a head ache, wow ,so as the pool game goes on,lets all think of the issue at hand.
we have a newbie asking for help,so that what i will support
first off basics,use all until you feel you can advance in your methods,there are 15 thousand difrent kinds,lets start right here,first off always rinse the coco when you break a brick open and at the least check the ph of a new bag that claims you dont need too,they are in the biz to sell things right.
so the best way to go about this is simple,ph your nutes and then feed ,never feed just water in coco,phing your runoff really needs checked at least once a week,when you run low ph in runoff and you know you ph it to 6 going in,just tells you that your plants are digging the mix and using the nutes,good thang,when you ph the runoff and it is way high you have salt buildup,that when you drop your feed to about 125 to 150 ppm and flush your media,keep your ph at 6,most times a couple of rinse threw the pot is fine.
maintain your ph and EC which i find most important.
those plants there i would be running around 500 ppm and 6 ph,that is the basic and simple,all the science stuff just smokes your thoughts so stay with simple and you will get high also how often are you feeding your coco?

Dye

Dye

i got to say this thread really give me a head ache, wow ,so as the pool game goes on,lets all think of the issue at hand.
we have a newbie asking for help,so that what i will support
first off basics,use all until you feel you can advance in your methods,there are 15 thousand difrent kinds,lets start right here,first off always rinse the coco when you break a brick open and at the least check the ph of a new bag that claims you dont need too,they are in the biz to sell things right.
so the best way to go about this is simple,ph your nutes and then feed ,never feed just water in coco,phing your runoff really needs checked at least once a week,when you run low ph in runoff and you know you ph it to 6 going in,just tells you that your plants are digging the mix and using the nutes,good thang,when you ph the runoff and it is way high you have salt buildup,that when you drop your feed to about 125 to 150 ppm and flush your media,keep your ph at 6,most times a couple of rinse threw the pot is fine.
maintain your ph and EC which i find most important.
those plants there i would be running around 500 ppm and 6 ph,that is the basic and simple,all the science stuff just smokes your thoughts so stay with simple and you will get high also how often are you feeding your coco?
“science stuff just smokes your thoughts so stay with simple and you will get high” or like I was taught keep it simple stupid!

ShyDotty

ShyDotty

I'm light feeding every other day, Autos bit fussy.
My tap water ph is 7.5 ish and really hard.
I cut it with distilled water then add my Nutes.
Thanks for your posts I have bookmarked them for future ref. 😊

Top Bottom