My first grow, about to harvest…kinda concerned, would like your thoughts…

• Thread starter Drewberrykush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Drewberrykush

Hey guys and girls. Hope everyone’s healthy and doing well. So I have a question; this is my first grow, I’m in my 8th week of flower (Pineapple Breeze strain, 4 by 4 tent, 400w led, General Hydroponics Nutrient Trio), and the whole grow has gone so great so far. I stopped giving it Nutes about a week and a half ago and have been giving it just water in order to flush. Tomorrow I am going to stop watering and then leave it in the dark for 48 hours, at that point I’ll harvest.

My question is this. I know that the fan leaves are supposed to start yellowing and dying off leading up to harvest, which is what’s happened, they started yellowing from the bottom and working their way up (which is normal from my understanding). But the whole top half of my plant, the leaves (fan and sugar) are all deep, deep, almost black in color. They aren’t curling up or super dry or anything, they’re just so dark. The buds look absolutely amazing, Trichomes have progressed beautifully and as expected, but I just feel like the “black” leaves are not normal considering the whole bottom half of the plant’s leaves are green. When I look it up the only thing I find on leaves turning that dark are from excess nitrogen, but I’ve been giving the plants nothing but water for over the last week. Sorry this is so long, bottom line is DO I NEED TO BE CONCERNED?

Thanks in advance for anyone that takes the time to read this and shoot me some advice, I really appreciate it. Don’t know where else to ask

My first grow about to harvestkinda concerned would like your thoughts
My first grow about to harvestkinda concerned would like your thoughts 2
My first grow about to harvestkinda concerned would like your thoughts 3
My first grow about to harvestkinda concerned would like your thoughts 4
My first grow about to harvestkinda concerned would like your thoughts 5
My first grow about to harvestkinda concerned would like your thoughts 6
My first grow about to harvestkinda concerned would like your thoughts 7
3cats

3cats

Hey guys and girls. Hope everyone’s healthy and doing well. So I have a question; this is my first grow, I’m in my 8th week of flower (Pineapple Breeze strain, 4 by 4 tent, 400w led, General Hydroponics Nutrient Trio), and the whole grow has gone so great so far. I stopped giving it Nutes about a week and a half ago and have been giving it just water in order to flush. Tomorrow I am going to stop watering and then leave it in the dark for 48 hours, at that point I’ll harvest.

My question is this. I know that the fan leaves are supposed to start yellowing and dying off leading up to harvest, which is what’s happened, they started yellowing from the bottom and working their way up (which is normal from my understanding). But the whole top half of my plant, the leaves (fan and sugar) are all deep, deep, almost black in color. They aren’t curling up or super dry or anything, they’re just so dark. The buds look absolutely amazing, Trichomes have progressed beautifully and as expected, but I just feel like the “black” leaves are not normal considering the whole bottom half of the plant’s leaves are green. When I look it up the only thing I find on leaves turning that dark are from excess nitrogen, but I’ve been giving the plants nothing but water for over the last week. Sorry this is so long, bottom line is DO I NEED TO BE CONCERNED?

Thanks in advance for anyone that takes the time to read this and shoot me some advice, I really appreciate it. Don’t know where else to ask
Don't cut yet, very very few are done at 8 weeks, 10 minimum, even then it can be a bit early as I'm going almost 12 weeks on everything now, They will bulk up a lot and in the the next few weeks. In the pic I see all clear no cloudy, you at least want all cloudy trichs, I want some amber. Don't believe the advertised weeks to harvest, that's a noob selling point. Lots of folks are upset they chopped too soon, few are upset they waited too long

They look beautiful so far, don't get over anxious

The color could be from cold nights, same plants may not do that in the summer months

Motley2

Motley2

Hi great job for a first grow the girls are looking very pretty. I agree with 3cats above but considering you started your flush week and half ago would continue with your plan to harvest as you don't want the plant cannabilising itself from bottom up leading to reduced quality. A nice fade like you have achieved is perfect imo. Next harvest maybe start flush a wk or 2 later but am sure you gonna be pleased with your efforts. Don't rush the drying/curing and utilise your trim to make hash/extract or edibles if you gonna do a wet trim enjoy some scissor hash one of the only perks of trimming. And again nice job enjoy.

DR.PNW

DR.PNW

If this is indeed your first grow you certainly do have a green thumb.
These look on the right track for a strong and timely harvest.
Kudos for the good pic of your trichomes;
Keep an eye on them with a 60-100x microscope and watch for 10-20% amber heads.
You should be fine feeding just water until your trichomes mature fully;
at this time you will probably see a little bit more lightening of the leaves,
but chances are these genetics are predetermined to finish with a desirable deep purple.
This isnt an abundance of N.
At times excessive PK boosters can case unnatural darkening, or purposefully temperature stressing a late flower plant, or products such as Purpinator [accentuates purple genetics, but will not turn a green genetic purple].

Take the time to carefully research the drying/curing process to maximize the outcome of all your hard work thus far.

H

hilbert

Those plants look great. If things get a little bit cooler at night, it can make them turn colors. But you are on track for an amazing harvest. What are we looking at there? Breeder/strain?

Top Bottom