My first grow and I want to make it impressive

• Thread starter tbolt919
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tbolt919

Hi everyone, this is my first post but have been reading for quite some time. Early next year a few friends and I will be moving to California and want to start a small commercial grow room.

We plan on setting up either in a basement(if we can find one), garage, or worst case a spare bedroom.

I'm wondering what the best setup would be for a space of at least 10'x10' with a budget of about 7000 to 10000 dollars.

1. I'm wondering how many plants I could fit in this area?

2. What type of lighting system would be best

3. would electricity be an issue for a 3 or 4 bedroom house and if so what is the best way to get around? (generator(best kind), wind power...)

4. Would it be best to buy a kit online or just piece meal it either online or locally?

5. Any advice or guides would be appreciative.

tbolt919

B

BayAreasFinest

you have so many options that all have the pros and cons. you need to give something a little more then that.

S

Sirius

99 plants, 4k watt hps, no problem w/ allocated circuits, buy your 900cfm filter/fan combo FIRST then a few 1k setups, make sure your bug free and your temp/humidity is 70/65... if not add an ac/dehumidifier... co2 levels are roughly 500-1k ppms.. make sure your bug free and your bills are paid.... u should be golden...

J

Jalisco Kid

Read and answer your own questions. If you can not put that effort out why bother with the move. We can help answer questions to a problem but you are looking for an answer that you do not even know enough to ask the question. There are services out there that will tell you what you need and how to use it,but then you would not have enough funtickets to buy equipment. There are all kinds of ads on craigs list that people have equipment for sale because they were to lazy to succeed.
Read the infirmary threads that would be my tip. Look at all the failed grows.What are you going to do when your crop fails you just put 8-10 grand in just electricity and rent in and you have to pay for last months electricity and this months rent and all you have to show for it is bills. JK

R

Rolln J

Read and answer your own questions. If you can not put that effort out why bother with the move. We can help answer questions to a problem but you are looking for an answer that you do not even know enough to ask the question. There are services out there that will tell you what you need and how to use it,but then you would not have enough funtickets to buy equipment. There are all kinds of ads on craigs list that people have equipment for sale because they were to lazy to succeed.
Read the infirmary threads that would be my tip. Look at all the failed grows.What are you going to do when your crop fails you just put 8-10 grand in just electricity and rent in and you have to pay for last months electricity and this months rent and all you have to show for it is bills. JK

good advise bro!

everybody thinks MMJ is the new gold rush - Eureka boys theres gold in them thar hills!

B

BayAreasFinest

ya me and my buddy went to the hydro store couple months back to get him a 1k watt nutes and he got halfway thru 1 harvest and quit. lol its not an easy thing to do where u just plant a plant grow it. there are so much time invested into it.

H

hbstoner

So its your first grow and you plan on growing commercially? Sounds like your rushing into things a bit dont it?

T

the Rock

lemme guess are you gonna rent a house in Arcata
yeah there is so much info on this and other sites if you are too lazy to read= your wasting your time moving. Why dont you set up a grow where you are currently at to see if you are capable
talk is cheap .out of a hundred people that talk about growing maybe 2-3 actually do it and are successful(not many one post wonders)

R

rebornfarmer

IMO i dont think a 10x10 with 4 1K watt lights is really going "Commercial". Alittle much for first grow but doable. how you supplying power to that room. 10x10 with 4000 watts is 40 wpsf. but you can do 6000watts giving you 60wpsf. thats 60 amps or something like that. you running 240v? how high is the ceiling? what growing method? soil or hydro or aero? how you planing to ventilate and cool that sick ass amount of heat down. Using CO2? research your ass off. since your budget is high and you want yeilders my first thought is the strain chronic or white rhino but im sure there are better ones out there. good luck.

20north

4000w 4 1000w lamps and make the room sealed get an ac and a dehumidifier and indindently air cool the hoods and not the room let the AC do that also get some co2 but co2 will make humiditty

R

Rolln J

sealed room is not a good idea for somebodys first grow...

how does co2 cause humidity?

TheIrieOne

TheIrieOne

damn you guys are really busting his balls.. some gave advice some just criticized. Well I don't have any advice.. so can't help lol.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Hey Tbolt! Welcome aboard. You set yourself up for some cyber shots with your post. The biggest pet peeve on most pot sites is people asking a question that has multiple long winded answers that have been answered a million times and shows people haven't researched much. To show you researched you needed to include the equipment and style you decided to use and go from there.

Don't rush off though because you did the right thing coming to this site. If you really want to accomplish this you need to take all the constructive criticism this thread is going to hand you.

The biggest concern I have is something you said.... a basement if we can find one... You can't just pop in somewhere and set up something like you are thinking. You need to be somewhere where you have been awhile. That way you know what the neighbors are like and you blend in while doing nothing. You could start preparing a room and then find out you live next door to a cop or narco dogooder.
If you were just thinking of doing it somewhere that somebody you know lets you then you are breaking rule #1 TELL NOBODY!

Have you read security threads?
Lighting?
Ventilation?
Mediums?
Have you done a small grow yet? If the answer is no then you need to start there. You will find out if you have a knack and your knowledge will grow.

Good luck!

B

Budhog

OK, coming from someone who lives in Cali.

Do you have a job or verifiable source of income for rent on a place? It is tough to find a landlord who is gonna let u grow in THEIR house. They want to see you have income/job. A lot of grower/renters here disrespect their LL's property by cutting holes in walls/doors, fucking up the electrical, etc. The LL's out here are VERY wary of this.

Second, what is your grow experience? It takes some dialing in before your product is good enough to get decent club prices.

Third, and I cannot express this enough, have another source of income when you get here. Crop failures, thieves, bugs, electrical, storms, etc. can really screw you if you depend on those funds for the rent.

Speaking of rent. Especially if your LL isn't aware of your hobby, MAKE SURE YOU PAY ON TIME. This alone usually makes for a great relationship.
Also, some landlords do inspections twice a year, so you gotta be ready to break down and store fast.

Just remember the Gold Rush of 1849. Millions came, but only a few made any $.

N

noone88

the byproducts of creating CO2 via generator is heat and water.

To the OP: crawl, walk, run

R

Rolln J

I run a co2 generator and I get no spikes in humidity when I do - if anything the room gets dryer from the extra heat.

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Honnest advice Tobor, many people I've directed to the farm got pretty much the same heads-up from me and a "try and think through you questions and challenge your thuoghts" before they post. Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom