My first grow ! Coco/perlite thanks to @ Aqua Man!

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How fast does the water go through the floraflex. I dont like waiting around for my runoff to see if I watered enough.
They can be open flow 20gph, 10gph and 2gph I belive but maybe more. You can change them in the bubblers with inserts.

2Bad

2Bad

They can be open flow 20gph, 10gph and 2gph I belive but maybe more. You can change them in the bubblers with inserts.
He said he hand waters with it I was just seeing . I'd rather not go auto-water because I barely have room now lmfao. I'll probably go half coco plants/half organic next round to try my hand at it.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

My next grow will be 2 gal air pots with these on top for watering. Simplest way to get slow even distribution without needing anything more than my little aquarium pump.

1075AD4D E213 4CA4 B5DD 1218548374E1
NoobJay

NoobJay

I take a 1 liter jar and just pour it in. Takes about 10 sec per plant to water and for thé run off it depends, some take 2 min others a couple minutes more maybe. But I have a setup that empty’s my saucer into a 5 gal that pumps everything out of the tent to another 5 gal so no vacuuming for me
How fast does the water go through the floraflex. I dont like waiting around for my runoff to see if I watered enough

NoobJay

NoobJay

I take a 1 liter jar and just pour it in. Takes about 10 sec per plant to water and for thé run off it depends, some take 2 min others a couple minutes more maybe. But I have a setup that empty’s my saucer into a 5 gal that pumps everything out of the tent to another 5 gal so no vacuuming for me
I was using an auto system but it failed on me so hand water for the rest for me. This system needs a big pump. I had a mondi pump 1600g/hr and it barely worked. It’s the psi that is important when choosing a pump for this system. Also I could not use the limiter like Aqua was talking about(20-10-6-4g gal/h limiter) as it was reducing too much my pressure and the plate was not filling up fully. Had to remove the limiter from the manifold. And was watering just 6 plants. Reservoir was right out of the tent. Now I use my res to fill up my jugs and I just pour it in the trays it works great and they have a size for every pot of these plates.

NoobJay

NoobJay

He said he hand waters with it I was just seeing . I'd rather not go auto-water because I barely have room now lmfao. I'll probably go half coco plants/half organic next round to try my hand at it.
I tried dry amendments in coco with worm castings but I find it more of a challenge. Not as much control on what they are getting and the recovery was longer. Was definitely a challenge for me but was my first grow before this one. Did not make it to the end of flower and i said I want control now lol. Everything was fine until flower then all went to hell lol over water lock out you name it I got it lol. Once they lost all there leaves I understood I had lost but now with my first grow just coco and canna nutes it’s night and day. I can water freely and they are looking 100% better than my last one. I was looking at mr. Canuck on YouTube and looked so easy but I was way wrong. You are doing great keep at it and can’t wait to see updates!!

2Bad

2Bad

I tried dry amendments in coco with worm castings but I find it more of a challenge. Not as much control on what they are getting and the recovery was longer. Was definitely a challenge for me but was my first grow before this one. Did not make it to the end of flower and i said I want control now lol. Everything was fine until flower then all went to hell lol over water lock out you name it I got it lol. Once they lost all there leaves I understood I had lost but now with my first grow just coco and canna nutes it’s night and day. I can water freely and they are looking 100% better than my last one. I was looking at mr. Canuck on YouTube and looked so easy but I was way wrong. You are doing great keep at it and can’t wait to see updates!!
Hell yea. He makes it look easy lmfao! You'd have to follow his formula to a T. I'll probably make a supersoil in a tarp over 90 days or so unless I find a fully prepped one for the low.

NoobJay

NoobJay

Hell yea. He makes it look easy lmfao! You'd have to follow his formula to a T. I'll probably make a supersoil in a tarp over 90 days or so unless I find a fully prepped one for the low.
I know Gaia has living soil but not certain of the price. Canuck seems to use it and it might be a safer bet than coco worm castings. But I think in his last videos he is not using the castings anymore but he has some great vids. Just in case, don’t get his patreon all the vids there are the same as YouTube I got caught lol

2Bad

2Bad

I know Gaia has living soil but not certain of the price. Canuck seems to use it and it might be a safer bet than coco worm castings. But I think in his last videos he is not using the castings anymore but he has some great vids. Just in case, don’t get his patreon all the vids there are the same as YouTube I got caught lol
I got the $5 patreon for one month lol i agree.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Very cool. My only issue is what do you drain to?? If you're just gravity draining how do you get it into any sort of reservoir that's more than an inch high? I guess put the plants up high but that's not what they show in the picture and not ideal when using rigid PVC... 🤔
Small pump

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Would have to time that somehow with the watering pump I guess. Would have to be a 12v I guess? The only ones I can find are caravan ones designed to clip into a 12v battery...
Cheap ac condensate pump.

mikeross

mikeross

My next grow will be 2 gal air pots with these on top for watering. Simplest way to get slow even distribution without needing anything more than my little aquarium pump.

I grow in 2 gallon fabric pots, pure coco, really just shy of 1.5 gallons of medium. In flower I have (2) 0.5gph emitters per plants but in veg I only use (1) emitter per plants. I've notice that even if I only have 1 emitter it fully saturates the entire pot before I start seeing any runoff. I always wondered the popularity of these "caps" I see on peoples pots... I just assume it's because they aren't running pressure compensating emitters and want more flow?

2Bad

2Bad

Hey y’all end of flower harvesting this week, I tried most of my buds after a quick dry most gave me a head rush though they definetly look done . Here’s one that sorta relaxes me and I liked I’m excited . This one is Bellini by Cali connection. From a 1 gallon will be doing larger pots next round for sure.
edit: has a miscellaneous fruit terp nothing specific but it’s def tasty

98B81AE3 84DF 426C 9B1C EBB451C81414
93B153FB 4913 496C 894C 7F3546773BB7
Last edited:
Top Bottom