My First grow EVER = FAIL

• Thread starter KambleFrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KambleFrost

KambleFrost

So here’s my first grow.
I was super excited as I’ve never grown before.
I ran into some struggles along the way with nutes and watering too much but got the hang of it after a little bit.

Running these:
ProMix BX + Perlite
FloraTrio
CaliMagic
Thrive
Diamond Nectar
FloraNectar
Recharge
(KelpExtract+Aloe foliar spray)
PH 6.1

unfortunately they are all males I got 25 seeds for $20.00
Claimed they were feminized but unfortunately she lied.
One thing I can take from this is that I think I did a very decent job for my first grow. FIM’d for the first time, Topped for the first time. All that shit and I think it turned out pretty well.

I am gonna keep these 3 growing a bit 12/12 so I can tell 100% but im pretty certain these are males aswell.
I did buy 5 fem seeds from a dispensary so I’ll be getting those going ASAP :)
Thank you everyone who’s helped me over the last month or so with questions and concerns!

My first grow ever  fail
My first grow ever  fail 2
My first grow ever  fail 3
My first grow ever  fail 4
My first grow ever  fail 5
My first grow ever  fail 6
My first grow ever  fail 7
Dan789

Dan789

25 out of 25, something else is in play, stress/temps…? I’ve come across three males in the ten plus years I’ve been growing. The last four shots are all males btw…

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

It happens its true. It's happened to me twice. The first time was long ago I got a pack of seeds from my homie it was a special cross that was supposed to be super flame he wanted me to run them for him. Ran a whole 20 pack and every plant was looking soooooo amazing and healthy but low and behold every single one was a male! This was an outdoor grow perfect weather and spectacular grow conditions Im 100% positive it wasn't due to stress or environment. The second time this happened I was doing homemade pollen chucking making seeds. Did a bunch of crosses all came out good but for whatever reason the XXX OG was the trickster. I tried to run my F1 seeds and every single one came out male. Next season I popped even more XXX OG seeds and again every single one was a male. I almost gave up but just this season I ran it again and all of them were males... Accept for ONE! Ha ha. I was super stoked I finally got a female out of over 20 males. I finished that run out and it was absolutely stellar! I saved the cut its my lucky XXX OG now! Im gonna run it again. 🔥 🤣

Moshmen

Moshmen

Just recently I got 18/20 males from reputable breeder stock at $100 a pack I learning to clone quickly! Lol happens but def sux !
Try again man they maybe males but they look healthy!

KambleFrost

KambleFrost

Just recently I got 18/20 males from reputable breeder stock at $100 a pack I learning to clone quickly! Lol happens but def sux !
Try again man they maybe males but they look healthy!
Thanks brother
Yeah it’s shit luck but I’m glad I got them to look as healthy as they did for my first time!
got new ones I’ll be popping soon!

KambleFrost

KambleFrost

So good news
I have 3 that haven’t showed gender yet
1 officially female
😂😂😂 1% better than 0%

8E6910CC 3855 4B26 8EAE 15983C635D1F
C83F5819 F50A 48FD 9D11 1E26D0F7200D
zigzagtop

zigzagtop

You're going to have ups & downs growing weed, don't worry, you are learning. She charged you very little, it should have been a clue, but I've been there...in fact Attitude Seed Bank sold me seeds, none of them even popped above the soil...bad seeds. You should try clones, at least you know they're females. Personally, I prefer a plant by seed, but at the price of seeds, germination rate has to be high, clones are handy, but very sensitive bitches...they can go hermie on you if something changes like temp or humidity...you don't get that from regular seeded plants...you do with feminized too though. I think you're better off with regular seeds, plant them, take the chance it'll be a female, sometimes you luck out. One year I had like 15 out of 15 female plants from every seed that sprouted. Depends on how lucky you are that summer.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You have some nute burn in a couple of pix. Add up all the numbers on your food and see what you are really feeding them.
If you have one that is 5-0-10 and one that is 12-20-3, then add the numbers 5+12=17 and so on.
When you do this, you can see how easy it is to overfeed.

ArrEll

ArrEll

So good news
I have 3 that haven’t showed gender yet
1 officially female
😂😂😂 1% better than 0%
Well, it's Experience, and ALL experience (while unpleasant) is valuable in the long run. You grew some handsome - if Male - plants. All you need now, is a GOOD supplier of seeds. Get some new, Feminine seeds - either Autoflowering or Photoperiod - and do everything the same way. Then you should be up & running just fine.

BALLS! - said the Queen. "If I had two, I'd be King!"

I know...bad joke....

ragz

ragz

I'm no rocket surgeon but is that camera throwing IR during lights out? I think IR and UV can still have an effect on photoperiods during lights out, in terms of light leaks causing herms.

Top Bottom