My first grow (gulp)

• Thread starter Werebad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Thanks for the info and the tips! I’m trying to restrain myself, I didn’t know it would be this hard to do, lol. I’ll keep on truckin’ and will heed your advice no matter what parent brain is yelling lol

I have a blink camera on them so I can keep an eye out from work. I’ve gone a little nutty lol
Happens to the best of us brother but I think you are ok

Werebad

Werebad

Everybody is looking happy today. I am waiting on UPS to bring my tent and they will have their permanent home. I have them under a 150W equivalent CFL light, but I also have an HLG 100 V2 QB. My question is, when should I put that light up? It will have a better spread than the CFL which makes me want to put it up soon, but I also don't want to freak out the seedlings...Cheers!

July 25th 615 PM
Werebad

Werebad

Got my tent completely set up and started using the HLG 135 V2 on its lowest setting. There is virtually no heat coming off the light and I used some long wire to keep the driver outside the tent. i watered today, making sure to let all the excess water drain out before I put them back on the tray. I am starting to see the 3rd set of leaves and some of the stems are falling over. I used the dirt in the cups to kind of prop them up a little and am assuming that I will start training them soon. Im hoping having a better light spread will keep them from stretching any more at this point, but we will see. Temp was a little hot yesterday (up to 83) but I think once I run the duct up into the attic it will stay cooler. I kpet the closet door open today and it never got past 75. Cheers!

IMG 5725
IMG 5710
IMG 5711
IMG 5712
IMG 5713
IMG 5714
IMG 5715
IMG 5716
IMG 5717
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Got my tent completely set up and started using the HLG 135 V2 on its lowest setting. There is virtually no heat coming off the light and I used some long wire to keep the driver outside the tent. i watered today, making sure to let all the excess water drain out before I put them back on the tray. I am starting to see the 3rd set of leaves and some of the stems are falling over. I used the dirt in the cups to kind of prop them up a little and am assuming that I will start training them soon. Im hoping having a better light spread will keep them from stretching any more at this point, but we will see. Temp was a little hot yesterday (up to 83) but I think once I run the duct up into the attic it will stay cooler. I kpet the closet door open today and it never got past 75. Cheers!
Hey looking good man!! Keep it simple and warm and humid for the beginning of this grow stage

Werebad

Werebad

Starting to see chicken feet, and I tied some of them to stakes since they were leaning pretty far. Otherwise I’m just letting them do their thing. Cheers!

D39F30EE 8BAA 4D6A AA60 BA6BD07DF3EC
6430F835 A628 4684 9FE0 535D150D3FD6
Werebad

Werebad

Gave the kids some water and removed the stakes, they seem to be looking good and doing fine. I do see a small spot on one of them, but I haven't noticed any others like that. I'm wondering if I may have had the light too close for a bit.

Such a joy to learn and see the slight changes. Probably old hat to the farmers, lol...Cheers!

IMG 5790
IMG 5791
IMG 5792
IMG 5794
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
That spot is the start of powdery mildew. I’d spray with some neem based product or if u can find it SM 90, best stuff I’ve ever used for pm. And reduce your humidity to 50% or less. For a week. Ensure the trays aren’t holding water. Dry that off after watering . And don’t over water. At this stage dry as possible to drive the root development

Werebad

Werebad

That is so strange, my humidity has been around 45-50% the whole time and I have only watered a couple of times and made sure that my tray was dry...I was trying to get my humidity over 50% and was having trouble lol

Thanks, I will raise my light and get some stuff to spray. I have the light set on its lowest setting (I believe it is 60 watts but I won't know for sure until I get the watt meter). Glad you guys spotted that.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That is so strange, my humidity has been around 45-50% the whole time and I have only watered a couple of times and made sure that my tray was dry...I was trying to get my humidity over 50% and was having trouble lol

Thanks, I will raise my light and get some stuff to spray. I have the light set on its lowest setting (I believe it is 60 watts but I won't know for sure until I get the watt meter). Glad you guys spotted that.
Hi, you can pick up real cheap humidifiers to help with your humidity issues. I bought mine at a Value village store ( discount/ used ) for $5-$8 Vicks brand. New they're only about double that. 1 of mine cool mists the other( the expensive one $8) heats the mists.

StinkyGr33n

StinkyGr33n

Hi, nice little grow you've got going. You're doing fine for a first-timer. You're receiving a lot of good advice from lots of knowledgeable, veteran growers so here's my 2 cents:

CFL lightning isn't very intense, and your stems are stretching trying to get closer to it. You're going to need a higher-powered light source, because it's not really good to keep burying the stems deeper and deeper.

Lastly, try to resist the urge to over-love them. Let them dry out fairly well between waterings. Overfeeding them with nutes can cause a myriad of issues (pH, absorbtion / lockout, leaf burn, etc) so take it easy. I usually go half-strength of what the label says to use, and since you're using Fox Farms soil which is already nutrient-rich, you should be careful.

I'm gonna follow this journey with you, can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm wishing you all the luck for some girls, and then we'll see if we can't help you get some big fat buds!

Werebad

Werebad

Hi, nice little grow you've got going. You're doing fine for a first-timer. You're receiving a lot of good advice from lots of knowledgeable, veteran growers so here's my 2 cents:

CFL lightning isn't very intense, and your stems are stretching trying to get closer to it. You're going to need a higher-powered light source, because it's not really good to keep burying the stems deeper and deeper.

Lastly, try to resist the urge to over-love them. Let them dry out fairly well between waterings. Overfeeding them with nutes can cause a myriad of issues (pH, absorbtion / lockout, leaf burn, etc) so take it easy. I usually go half-strength of what the label says to use, and since you're using Fox Farms soil which is already nutrient-rich, you should be careful.

I'm gonna follow this journey with you, can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm wishing you all the luck for some girls, and then we'll see if we can't help you get some big fat buds!

Thanks Stinky!

Werebad

Werebad

I've moved the HGL up to 24" and sprayed them down with a NEEM spray. I had put some wet towels to hang in the tent after reading that it would help bring up the humidity and maybe that is where the mildew came from. Needless to say, I wont be doing that again. I am going to get thinking of getting a humidifier but I'm also concerned that may cause the same problem? I'm keeping it nice and dry for the next week while I apply the Neem nonetheless. I appreciate the help I'm getting here, thanks.

Cheers!

8F9F500A BD94 46AE 83FC 4F3BDA93EDAA
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I've moved the HGL up to 24" and sprayed them down with a NEEM spray. I had put some wet towels to hang in the tent after reading that it would help bring up the humidity and maybe that is where the mildew came from. Needless to say, I wont be doing that again. I am going to get thinking of getting a humidifier but I'm also concerned that may cause the same problem? I'm keeping it nice and dry for the next week while I apply the Neem nonetheless. I appreciate the help I'm getting here, thanks.

Cheers!
Sound plan bro

Werebad

Werebad

Got a volt meter to keep track of my lights and I have my HLG 135 V2 Respec at 60 Watts, 24" above the plants. Neem treatment continues for a week, and I'm seeing some growth. Temp is around 70-76 throughout the day and night, humidity is around 42-46%.

Picked up a copy of Cervantes' book, feels like I'm back in college... Learned a little about transpiration last night from a sticky on this site. Awesome! Still have no clue what I'm doing, but getting there.

Heard from my buddy that these seeds are likely AK-47. Makes sense, because what I smoked blew my head off, lol. Now I'm locked in a grow contest to see if I can top his yield. May have talked more than I can produce lol...

Fuck you Powdery Mildew.
Cheers!

34F854D1 F3D3 4813 9D6D 6EB7A8ED9ECE
A28FBF1D 635B 4C54 816C 3637F5F9D880
A7847069 90D6 4E20 9978 05FA161716CE
Madbud

Madbud

Neem is pretty heavy duty on seedlings, and powdery mildew was a pretty quick diagnosis. Even tho you’ve been really patient watering they look a little wet. I weigh a cup of soil as a reference for when its truly dry. If some leaves get disfigured, its the neem oil. Deep breaths everybody. Seen any gnats yet?

Werebad

Werebad

Not sure about gnats, I see a few in the house (I think from outside, they like to hang out on my back porch) but none in the tent. I'm getting some fly strips tomorrow though so I'll know for sure then. I weighed the cups from memory and against each other and they felt very light. I watered on Saturday then Tuesday which may have been too much but it sure seemed like they were light and dry. I'll start using that method to check from now on. I will let them go for a week before I think about it again, lol...My humidity is below 40% since about an hour ago...They seem to be doing ok except for the spot I found last week. I do have a couple that keep falling over bc the stems almost seem broken at the soil level, so I have propped them up with sticks and garden ties. I think they may get culled in a week or so if they don't straighten up. I have way too many for my tent anyway, but I wanted to see how many females I end up with if possible. I haven't noticed any sort of mildew, spots or dust on any of the others. Cheers!

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

I have nats in my back yard as well bad when it rain especially I had them in basement and I think that's where my problem started cause my basement leaks a little but I have a dehumidifier going constantly down there that I empty every day

Top Bottom