My First Grow How Many Hours On And Off For New Starts Using A Metal Halide.

• Thread starter Harpbreaker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Harpbreaker

I have heard that new starts need three to four days to get use to the change before planting into 1.7 gal. containers. Is that days under the light ? What hours will they need on/off cycle as starts. And once planted into the 1.7 gal containers do they get the same amount of light ? New grower. And what light cycle during all of the veg. stage ? Eighteen on six off ? And the flowering stage 12 hr. on 12 hr. off ? Trying to learn. Help ! Please.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I have heard that new starts need three to four days to get use to the change before planting into 1.7 gal. containers. Is that days under the light ? What hours will they need on/off cycle as starts. And once planted into the 1.7 gal containers do they get the same amount of light ? New grower. And what light cycle during all of the veg. stage ? Eighteen on six off ? And the flowering stage 12 hr. on 12 hr. off ? Trying to learn. Help ! Please.
You can do 18/6off or 16/8off to save a couple bucks... then 12/12off or 11/13off for flower.

Bassmonkey71

Bassmonkey71

I run my seeds wrapped in paper towel moistened and kept in a zip lock bag for 3 to 5 days until they pop I then put them into a seed tray with soil and I mist them daily or every other day.. I don't transplant them into buckets until they have gotten to at least 3 leafs tall and have grown roots. I keep them under t5 lights 2r hours a day until then. Once transplanted I suggest 18 on 6 off for the next 6 weeks or until you put them into flower then switch light cycle 12 hours on 12 off

MeJuana

MeJuana

You could plant in a 1.7 gallon container from the gate but it is really difficult especially when new to manage watering, gnats, stem rot and etc. Also it is easier to manage low dose ferts in a small cup, which you will use at first. Most growers I've seen online and everyone I know use those red plastic solo cups you can get from the grocery store with holes cut in the bottom. To make the holes poke a little hole and scissor them out if you aren't great with an exacto knife.

All strains grow at a different rate we categorize them into groups fast/slow and easy/hard to grow. But it isn't hard to manage this you simple thoroughly water the plant then wait for the planter to be virtually dry. You can tell it is dry because when you pick up the cup it is almost as light as it was when you first put just the dry dirt into the cup. When you are watering every 1 or 2 days the roots are taking up almost the entire planter so it is time to transplant. No nutrients for the first 3 weeks is a solid rule, very few strains will need nutrients before then and most will be damaged instantly by Nitrogen if the rule is broken.

I wasn't speaking about organic soil water only growing at all that is a different animal. If you are actually doing that when you first started I would be surprised, I assume you are going to be giving fertilizer in some form. If you need help with that mention so. If you were growing truly organic you would have composted specific ingredients to grow cannabis, or bought it from a provider such as kind soil.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
You can do 18/6off or 16/8off to save a couple bucks... then 12/12off or 11/13off for flower.

For veg anywhere between 24/0 to 15/9 is ideal (I run 15/9).

For flower anywhere between 14/10 to 9/15.

It depends on what you want and where your strain is native to.

Through experimentation I have found that from 15/9 dropped to 14/10 my plants transitioned into flowering.

So now I veg at 15/9.

Top Bottom