my first grow in hydro

• Thread starter scooby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

scooby

hi all this is my first atempt to grow in hydro. i have got a 16 pot willma, i have just started today with 12 clones and 4 plants thats already in veg that the clones came from i have already super cropped, the 4 veg plants witch i intend on doing again to slow them down a bit hopefully the clones will start to catch them up abit i am growing with canna aqua nutes, and useing there info of there site i have a 2x2x2 meter tent a 6" ruck fan a can filter plus a 400w and 600w hps light useing the flood and drain drippers for feeding witch i have set to 10 min 4 times aday (every 6 hr). also i have made a co2 bottle plus useing co2 tablets in my nutes, temps are at 72 hum is at 55% only useing the 400w for the veg i have been told thay are blue dragon?

My first grow in hydro
My first grow in hydro 2
M

Malachi

Plants look healthy. Let me know how the Co2 tablets work for you. I have heard mixed reviews.

S

scooby

thay seem to be working fine but, i can't tell if thay are doing any good or not

S

scooby

ok thought i would share some pic's
as there was not alot to say about the veg, i think it was a mistake to have 2 sizes of plant lol as the small one's didn't catch up, i have switched to 12/12 about 3 day's ago, the larger one's are about 3ft tall and the small one's about 18" or so,
useing 2 400 hps at 2 levels, but thay seem to be doing ok, the stalks on the larger plants are about 2.5" thick
what do you think?

CIMG0016
CIMG0017
CIMG0018
CIMG0019
CIMG0022
CIMG0023
S

scooby

ok thay are 3.5 weeks in to 12/12 now and seem to be doing ok. i have backed the nutes of abit as it was at 1685 ppm, i gave it a tank change and it is now at 950ppm, 5.8 ph, there is a slight nute burn on the very tips of the fan leaves, but all is ok.
i am still useing cana a+b, cana boost, useing 50 ml of boost for every 20l of water.
all comments welcome.

CIMG0055
CIMG0056
CIMG0057
CIMG0058
CIMG0059
CIMG0061
CIMG0062
S

SRHninja

lookin pretty damn good! your doing gr8 your first time.. im going to be starting my first ebb and flow drip system soon , my first dro set up period... whats the hardest part monitoring the nutes or cleaning the rez? haha what kind of PH/PPM gun are you using?

S

scooby

cleaning the res has to be the hardest part, thay are blue dragon, on my next grow i am going to get 2 8 pot systems, so thay are not so close together, and i think i will use 2 differant nutes, to see the results from each one.

Z

zoefresssh666

ooo, i'm actually thinking about doing my first grow (ever) using hydro. I'll be checking back on this thread!

O

Oregonic

Looking nice and crowded, amazing how fast that shit fills a tent up huh? I cant even zip my shit up any more :( and :)

Looking good, sub'ed and watching!

S

scooby

it's a pain to empty it coz the pump you get with it dont reach the bottom, so i am having to syphen it out, (i know what you mean about the tent i can't get round them anymore lol).

S

scooby

thay are 4 weeks in to day, and hopfuly thay want get mutch taller as i can only move my light up about 4" more, then i will run into probs, i defo should have started with, them all the same size, lol well at least i know for next time, other than that all seems to be going ok. on my next grow i think i will get rid of the tent and just cover my walls, as the room is 12ft by 14ft
so thay will have more room.

CIMG0116
CIMG0117
CIMG0118
CIMG0123
CIMG0124
CIMG0125
S

scooby

hi thay are 5 weeks in tomorrow, and i thought thay would have started filling out abit more by now lol,
i think i will give them a flush tomorrow with plain ph'ed water, to see if this helps them along abit (as i'm starting to think that some of the nutes are been locked out) but saying that thay look healthy and dark green. what do you think?

CIMG0127
CIMG0128
CIMG0129
CIMG0130
CIMG0131
CIMG0132
CIMG0133
CIMG0135
M

Malachi

on your next run you should clean out the bottom 1/3-1/2 completely before flowering , branches leaves everything. your plants will have much better air circulation and the energy will be concentrated on those nice top cola buds and not so much on the scraggly undergrowth ... your grow looks great though, not bad for your first run:party0033:

S

scooby

on your next run you should clean out the bottom 1/3-1/2 completely before flowering , branches leaves everything. your plants will have much better air circulation and the energy will be concentrated on those nice top cola buds and not so much on the scraggly undergrowth ... your grow looks great though, not bad for your first run:party0033:

cheers for that m8 do you think it will help if i clear some of the bottom now?

S

SRHninja

very nice scoob so you just drain the tub with a pump you dont literally wash it out and sterilize it?

S

scooby

thats right m8 just empty it and refill, only need to clean it between grows, same as the pebbles m8, i have been told if i clean them out i can reuse em.

S

scooby

the only time i have completly emptyed it is when i switched between veg and flower
the rest of the time i just top up with water and nutes witch i mix in a 5gal tub then poor it in.

S

Strictly_Kush

Looks like your first hydro is going to be a success reps + :)

M

Malachi

no don't mess with it now, you can take off some of the big fan leafs but don't go and take out the machette 5 weeks in and start clearing out underbrush. you want to do all your pruning no later then 21 days into flower, just do it next time. you will see a difference in the top colas

Top Bottom