My First Grow - LED strips and COBs in coco homemade basement madness personal experiment

• Thread starter CaliJersey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaliJersey

CaliJersey

Ok well first off thanks to everyone on the forum. I'm a long time lurker and have been trying to learn and pick up as much as I can. Here I can give back by sharing my results so far.

Break Down:
I made a space out of 2 by 3s and particle board. It's about 2.5ft by 4.5 ft. I'm in the basement which is usually low 60s 45 humidity. I have a 6 inch filter with output fan and 4 inch input fan and just pumping through the wall to another room (laundry).

Plants:
2 girl scout cookie 1 cherry pie and 3 candy kush. I had problems germinating candy kush so wanted 4 but stuck with 6 what can you do?

Lights:
DIY aluminum strips and wood. 6 4ft strips at .7A and 3 COBs at 1.4 A. I also added 14 star far right LEDs around the beginning of flower.

Medium:
Coco perlite about 70 30. 4 are in fabric 7 gallon and 2 are in plastic about 3 gallon?

Extra:
2 little mini fans for airflow inside.

Food:
Masterblend plus calmag plus silica plus flush will be potash and fulvics.

It's been fun. I've had my battles and I've learned a lot. I don't have drainage really going at all so that is my biggest issue. I've taken the plants out individually for a few flushes but for the most part I've been giving water in such a way that it doesn't run all the way through and run out. This is my only problem and I will focus more on it on my next run. Ok here are my pics from start till now let me know what you think. Ha of course could be better but not bad overall.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Very nice!!!! Be careful, as those silver "reflectors" have been shown to shorten CFL lifespan....not sure about LED

CaliJersey

CaliJersey

Nice work! Plants look lovely.

And you can attach many more pics per post.

Thank you! Ya they are hanging in there...all stacked together into a single canopy. I see where there is work to do but these plants are clearly getting friendly

CaliJersey

CaliJersey

Damn I love pics!
20200421 080919

Cherry pie here...smaller buds maybe not a great seed? Wish I had more she looks delicious. Small and many buds...and fans all reach straight up? There's a chance this strain struggled more than the others due to lack of drainage. Anyways I still love her
20200421 080953

Girl scout cookies looks great. 2 plants and each is slightly different. One has huge solid buds while being a tad shorter, like here while the other is taller and has thick buds but not quite the unit here.
20200421 081059

Top Bottom