My first grow tent setup

• Thread starter 11Ron11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
11Ron11

11Ron11

Hello everyone

Now that it's legal to grow in canada I have decided to start growing my own weed.

I have done alot of research but i'm always open to more opinions.

Take a look at my setup and let me know if I can make improvements.

I'm running mars 2000 led with timmer at 18hrs on 6hrs off.
4 inch mars exhaust with charcoal filter vented out my basement window.
3 gallon pots.
Using auto seeds.(critical fast bud)

Things I would like advise on are how much should I water what distance should light be from weed is 18 by 6 recommended what temp and humidity is good...etc
Thanks
My first grow tent setup
My first grow tent setup 2
My first grow tent setup 3
My first grow tent setup 4
My first grow tent setup 5
My first grow tent setup 6

Jbl613

Jbl613

Looks like a good start that's forsure I personally would try to get your humidity up to about 70% and temps I would want around 25 day time maybe 22 night time also maybe turn your inline exhaust fan down a bit dont need to be exchanging air as fast will also help with your humidity

11Ron11

11Ron11

Should I put a small humidifier inside the tent.
I'm running my exhaust at 50% and oscillating fan at 1.
Should I run exhaust at 25% and turn off oscillating fan for the winter and then adjust in summer.
I'm in canada so it's hard to maintain temp and humidity.
Here is a better picture of controller.
20220129 114327

Thanks

Last edited:
Jbl613

Jbl613

Should I put a small humidifier inside the tent.
I'm running my exhaust at 50% and oscillating fan at 1.
Should I run exhaust at 25% and turn off oscillating fan for the winter and then adjust in summer.
I'm in canada so it's hard to maintain temp and humidity.
Thanks
Yeah I get it bro I struggled.with humidity too at first (also canadian) and decided to buy a little humidifier and also added more plants to maintain a higher R.H! More plants isnt always possible so humidifier is def the way to go in your case and also leave oscillating fan on 1 and reduce exhaust to 25% should help imo

11Ron11

11Ron11

Great I'll look into getting a small humidifier.
I set exhaust to 25% and left fan at 1 let's see if that raises humidity a bit.
Is 70% humidity recommended through out all stages of a auto flower.
Should I put humidifier in the tent or should I bring humidity up around the tent.
Is humidity safe with all the electrical stuff in the tent.
I see little steamers that go on your desk would one of those be good.
Thanks

Screenshot 20220129 115604 Amazon Shopping
Jbl613

Jbl613

Its typically better to raise humidity in the room your tent is in but i found it easier to control the humidity with a humidifier inside the tent I didnt have any issues with electrical. As for size of humidifier the smaller ones could work but you would be refilling it often I would look for one with a decent water capacity so your not refilling it all the time.
I would have my R.H at 70 during veg
60 during flower until last 2 weeks where I would drop.it to 45 R.H
If you do not have a humidifier on hand you can also hang wet towels in your tent to raise humidity

Jbl613

Jbl613

Plants also like to grow into their pot so.starting with a large pot for seedlings is not recommended but doesn't mean it wont work

11Ron11

11Ron11

I'm definitely going to try hanging a damp towel that's genius.
I'll see what I can get at decent price but until then towels it is..
I'm going to try germinate like this and then my next crop I'm going to try in a paper towel and compare the differences ultimately I want easy but results are the most important..

Jbl613

Jbl613

I'm definitely going to try hanging a damp towel that's genius.
I'll see what I can get at decent price but until then towels it is..
I'm going to try germinate like this and then my next crop I'm going to try in a paper towel and compare the differences ultimately I want easy but results are the most important..
If funds are tight best deal for a humidifier and de-humidifier your local thrift store! And paper towel method has always been my go to for starting seeds

11Ron11

11Ron11

I'll find decent humidifier I'm already $1000 into my setup whats another 100 lol
Ultimately going to save me in the long run.

11Ron11

11Ron11

Its typically better to raise humidity in the room your tent is in but i found it easier to control the humidity with a humidifier inside the tent I didnt have any issues with electrical. As for size of humidifier the smaller ones could work but you would be refilling it often I would look for one with a decent water capacity so your not refilling it all the time.
I would have my R.H at 70 during veg
60 during flower until last 2 weeks where I would drop.it to 45 R.H
If you do not have a humidifier on hand you can also hang wet towels in your tent to raise humidity
I think I got it dialed in.
I used your info but instead of a towel I filled a spare 3 gallon pot with compacted soil and gave it a good soaking and turned my exhaust to 15% instead of 25%.
I'm going to control the humidity by soaking the spare pot when humidity drops.
Thanks

20220130 101326
Jbl613

Jbl613

I think I got it dialed in.
I used your info but instead of a towel I filled a spare 3 gallon pot with compacted soil and gave it a good soaking and turned my exhaust to 15% instead of 25%.
I'm going to control the humidity by soaking the spare pot when humidity drops.
Thanks
Sounds like your on the rite track now!

Latest posts

Top Bottom