My First Indoor

• Thread starter culdaria
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

culdaria

Hello, this is my first indoor grow, all the stuff I did building and starting this grow pretty much came from this website. This is actually the first forum I have ever joined and I've learned alot, not only about the grow but how to do the forum too. It's been alot of fun and also addicting but here go's
I built a 2x4 room with R13 insulated walls and subfloor,
3'x5'x7' are the interior dimensions, its a sealed and air tight room. I installed a 5000 btu a/c unit to cool it
DSC01545.JPG
before that I covered the walls with white reflective 2m mylar and sealed all the seams with aluminum Tape
DSC01680.JPG
I bought a Sunleaves sunspot 600 watt air cooled reflector and hung it with twin rachets, the light is cooled by means of a dayton fan
DSC01681.JPG
I bought a 20 lb co2 tank and regulator plus timer
DSC01546.JPG
and set up my 5 gal buckets
DSC01674.JPG
I cut poly screens for the bottoms so the soil wouldn't flush out
I started with Happy Frog soil and mixed it with about 30% perlite. I started seeds the paper towel method and transplanted after the first 5 days into the buckets under the light reduced down in wattage for a week by way of my lumatek dimmable ballast
DSC01540.JPG
A week later I turned it up a notch
DSC01543.JPG
Then all the way up. At about 4 weeks they looked like this
DSC01542.JPG
then the next week
DSC01555.JPG
After another week I flipped the lights to 12/12, after about 5 days I could notice what I thought looked like buds starting to develope...its been 10 days now and their starting to fill out, they streched like a son of a gun the first 10 days..now their starting to slow down a bit
DSC01682.JPG
DSC01687.JPG
I guess I'm pretty lucky, 3 plants/3 females. I did, when I bought the seeds, ordered White Widow feminized, I'm still thinking I got lucky though. I try to keep a clean room for em and so far its paid off, no insects yet.
DSC01689.JPG
DSC01685.JPG
I'm really happy with the grow so far, thanks to you members out there who have helped me along the way, especially to "Logic" for this whole site, also to those who didn't know they helped by way of their threads... didn't mean to be a pain, I was { and still am} just learning Ha ha!! Not only the grow but the forum too! I have another 250 w that I bought and another smaller room thats its in, I wish I knew how to clone, I'd take some cuttings if it wasn't to late, I could and get a jump on my next round, I guess I'll learn soon... I'll post more as it go's, Any questions, I'd be happy to answer and any comments will be seriously considered.....Thanks

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
So far this is a good grow by anybody's standards. First grow or not you are doing great. Everything looks top notch. The plants and the grow room set-up.

Keep up the good work. Cloning isn't hard. You could still do it but I would just go with a reveg because even if you cut clones and they root you will still have to reveg them.

You have fem seeds so start more and take cuts next time. Ok you did make one rookie mistake by not cloning. We will still keep you around though because you have skills.

C

culdaria

I am humbled Tobor...Thankyou, I couldn't of done it without the likes of you and other THC Forum members, so again thankyou very much. Just go's to show how you guys rub off on some of us Newbe's ha ha!! Well I hope your proud....seeing how I'm taking my very first wobbling steps in you alls foot steps. I know{ like an toddler} I have much to learn but I'm working on it.. I'm gonna take this post all the way to the curing. Enjoy watching this toddler from taking his first steps to trying to run across the room. Hope I don't F-up and fall on my face, ha ha!! Once again, a heartfelt thanks to all you members, this has been a real blast, from designing the room and setting it up to "poppin the beans" lol and seeing these girls to the bloom. I'm hooked!!

K

Kennie_B

man your grow looks awesome! & I know what you mean; I too have become hooked, hope to see you around!

F

FatBastard

Chuck sez it all....

http://i60.invalid.com/albums/h9/hemi922444/chuck-norris-approves.gif

F

farmerjohn

Damn, cul, you been one busy beaver, lately! Dynamite looking set-up! Well thought out, it would appear. One tiny little point. I would have put 50% perlite in the medium, but I'm a perlite junky! Hell, I can root clones in the shit, if I don't mind spritzing the cuttings about 43 times a day! Seriously, cloning is ez-pz, as tobor suggests. Light, water & material is all that is required. Ok, it's easier with a medium. But experiment some & u will find you have clones out the ying-yang in no time! Tons of primers, strings & references for taking cuttings right here on site. The plants look great! Love the tight internode spacing & happy, happy appearance I see in all the photos. Good luck with the grow!

Top Bottom