My first public Grandaddy Purps/Sour Diesel organic coco grow

• Thread starter troutslayer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

troutslayer

What's up fella's, greeting's from Nor-Cal. This is my first time on the farm so let me start by saying high ya'll! I thought it would be a good idea to keep better track of my grow's and why keep it all to my self when I could let you fine lady's and gent's peek in and heckle me. So what I have going is a 4x4 table under an air cooled 1000w hps. I have 500cfm going out through the light and 500cfm coming in from outside. For an intake filter I am using panty hose and for now I have no filtration going out. Panty hose make an excellent intake filter for very cheap. I've even used them as a pre filter on motorcycle engines. Most importantly I have 10 Grandaddy Purps and 2 Sour D's as heart and soul of the opperation! They are in 3 gallon smart bags filled with coco and I plan on taking one of each to make mother's out of. Currently I'm feeding them Canna Bio-Veg with Organicare Nitrex as a nitro booster for a total of 9.5-1-5.5 npk. In addition they are getting Trinity and Ancient Amber from Roots organic. I've been growing weed for about a year, so I'm not a super rookie but I'm humble enough to know it takes a whole lot longer than a year to make a journyman green thumb. I do have a couple question's for those journymen though. I have two different brand's of ballast's. One is a Hydro-Farm and the other is an Xtrasun, does anyone have a preferance? Another question is this. I've had the Canna nute's for about a year kept at room temp and in the dark. I think the're still good but does anyone know how long organic nute's last? Last of all, does anyone know anything about Espoma organic nute's? They claim there are all sorts of microbes and I am considering a tea out of this and Alaskan Fish Fert. but I don't know if the're quality or not. Thank's for everything guy's, bye for now.

T

troutslayer

update

What's up fella's. So they've been in the ground about a week and a half now. I did have a bit of a issue with nitrogen after transplant but I think it is due to a problem I've had before. For some reason I always start my ph in the low 6's and end up with yellowing and when I lower my ph to 5.8 they snap back. I've always heard you should run coco between 6 and 6.5 but I seem to find different. Anybody have any knowledge in that area? I did catch it soon enough that I still had good growth on all plants however so it was just a minor setback(not my last I'm sure). I'm going to try to post an update at least once a week so I hope to see you soon.

Room
Gdp
Sd
R

Radio_Dread

hey dude looks like we might be neighbors, and it looks like people in our town use the same intake filter...hahaha as i use panty hose too. thats just too great

T

troutslayer

week 3 update

ey, good neibors are everywhere. You just gotta' poke around! Well, I made it through week 3 and all is going as planned. So far this has been an uneventfull grow but I guess that is a good thing. I did start brewing my first tea tonight and am looking forword to trying that after I switch the lights over in a couple days. I'm looking forward to seeing those buds swell! I hpoe the genetics are good I got them from a local club so who knows but they were good healthy cuts so I'm hoping for the best.

T

troutslayer

week 3 update

ey, good neibors are everywhere. You just gotta' poke around! Well, I made it through week 3 and all is going as planned. So far this has been an uneventfull grow but I guess that is a good thing. I did start brewing my first tea tonight and am looking forword to trying that after I switch the lights over in a couple days. I'm looking forward to seeing those buds swell! I hpoe the genetics are good I got them from a local club so who knows but they were good healthy cuts so I'm hoping for the best.

H

HighTolerance

Good job mate, I will be following, very curious about Canna's Organic Line

T

troutslayer

progress

ow! Here are pics of my tea brewing. And a pic of one of my plants soon after feeding. Notice the set of leaves straight up in the air. That's how happy the tea made it! Tea is awsome!

T

troutslayer

update

Sorry to say I am abandoning this thread. I would love to continue with this diary but I am working on a very poor conection and I can't upload photo's. I think a grow diary w/out photo's is basicly very lame! On. Happier note I am going to see Phil's 70th in Frisco!!!!!! Anybody else going? Looking forward to getting wasted in honor of a great man!!! It's all a dream we dreamed one afternoon long ago!!!!

C

CAPO

Your garden looks great brother....maybe an update from time to time.

Good to hear your going to the party, bro! Party like crazy man!

Care to share your tea brew recipe you use?
[i don't like old nutes especially organics, some keep some don't]

T

troutslayer

Thank's for the kind word's capo. I got my tea recipe here on the farm from a very wise member named guano. Basicly 2/3 cup puruvian sea bird guano, 2/3 cup jamaican bat guano, 2/3 cup earthworm castings, 5 tbl spoons maxi-crop(sea weed) and 5 tbl spoons black strap molassas.Thanks guano! By the way the concert way phenominal. Them grateful dead boy's can still rock and roll. Chris robinson showed up and sang all night with them and let me tell you it was the best show I have seen in a long time.We partied until the sun came up! Later boy's.

B

brookstown

I know you closed the thread but.... did you ever get a fix for the yellowing in the first few weeks? I've been using coco for about a year now and for the life of me I can keet them lush green in the first few weeks. then they bounce back but a week or so lost...

Latest posts

Top Bottom