my first seedling

• Thread starter cehak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cehak

so this is my first time trying to grow. My seedling has been 'stuck' like this for 2days... it hasn't grew any further. humidity in the room varies from 45-55% and the temps are between 76-80. 400w mh is about 28 inches from the plant.

I've been watering the bottom of the rockwool cube and kind of just misting the plant just when it begins to dry out. When should i start worrying? if at all.

http://i.invalid.com/2LuUB.jpg

TortureKill

TortureKill

Looks fine man, Let it do its thing.. I like to keep the medium nice and moist until about the 2nd week, and let it dry out really good inbetween waterings. This will encourage the roots to spread out in search of water, and nutrients.Once roots begin poking from the bottom, I would transplant to your pot or whatever your growing in. No need to worry. Half of the battle is having patience. A lot of new growers will over fert, overwater, or fert too early. I would wait until atleast 4 weeks for nutes, and give it half strength at that. Best of luck if u have any questions dont hesitate to ask. We all started where you are now.

S

swisscheese

Congratulations on the first baby it's an exciting adventure growing your own and that seedling looks great. Maybe water a little less and watch for wilt, letting it dry out causes it to root and search for water, soon roots will be coming out the bottom like tk said.

C

cehak

okay so... it's been about 24 hours. and not only did it not grow any further but now it's drooping a little more. I think i may have got some algae on my rockwool cube so i covered it up in hydroton and put it in a small netpot. would algae stop the growth of the plant?? what can i do to attempt to save it not sure what happened.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

sounds to me like you are overwatering or too much light. What is the ph of your water? If you dont have a ph meter get one!

C

cehak

my ph is 5.8 and i moved the lights to 18 inches and the leaves didn't burn they actually grew like a cm lol

idk i havent watered in a day im gonna go one more day without watering maybe 2 more

Top Bottom