My First Try at Making Hash using the Dry-Ice Method

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

I got some quality trim from the harvesting of my DJ Blueberry. I watched a couple vids of making hash using the dry-ice method and thought I'd give it a go.

I bought dry-ice from a local supermarket at $1.29 per pound. I found a bubblebag kit at a grow shop for 42 buckeroos. I'll use a clean 5 gallon pail.

heres what i got:
1. dry ice
2. good trim.
3. 73-120 micro bag
4. mini-mag flashlight (with batteries)
5. a good sized mirror or glass
6. drivers license, debit card, or any firm card

I looked at hash presses (often called pollen presses) but they were pricey and too fancy for me. I thought of using a Mini-Mag flashlight as a cylinder to dump in the hash powder and the batteries as the pressing rams. Since both ends screw on it will be perfect for pressing and shaping the hash.

I will post pictures of my results, shortly.

N

norm

i wouldnt use batterys for pressing personally, a few pieces of warm metal and a car jack works well here. but ive wanted to try to make some with dry ice, interested in how it works out for you. lookin forward to the pics

smokum

smokum

I'm with norm.... jebus, don't use batteries as a ram (more so if their Li-Ion because if you damage or dead short THOSE your going to find out personally what a pipe bomb actually is).

Play Safe....

deep buddy

deep buddy

+1 on skipping the mag lite idea. think a piece of iron pipe and some wooden dowels. real easy to heat it too. just use some kind or plastic wrap or leather.

K

kolah

Think the batteries will ignite the hash? nah. LOL!

I guess I could use a wooden dowel though.

Pictures of blown off fingers to follow. :)

K

kolah

Oh shit..I spaced out and forgot about this post.

It came out quite well. (forgot to take pics). Sorry. Next batch I will post pics.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I have a cheap little press. But it's a pain for a little gram and a half piece.:sweating

Here is a method we have used and it worked well.
We used the celophane from a pack of smokes. It worked so well, we bought some cello envolopes online

wrap the kief in celophane (real real tight), then wrap it in news paper. Put the news paper in the sink and run cold water on it so it is soaked (make sure the celophane covered all the keif!) and put it in the oven on like 185F. Take out after like 10 minutes and roll it out so it is flat and hard.

then put in in the fridge for a bit :hi

GhostFace

GhostFace

rap in celophane & put it in your boot in the early AM and by lunch time you got sum pressed hash to toke :toke:

K

kolah

Foot Hash.

Toe Hash?

Toe-jam Hash?

Stinkyfoot Hash?

commercial: " I been walking all day and I needs me some good smoke. Thats why I always have some Boot Hash in my shoe."

C

critical

Foot Hash.

Toe Hash?

Toe-jam Hash?

Stinkyfoot Hash?

commercial: " I been walking all day and I needs me some good smoke. Thats why I always have some Boot Hash in my shoe."

it actually works very well if you have clean feet and footwear on lol, but for small amounts i just put the crystals in a baggy and then just squieze and rub the hell outa it for 2 to 5 minutes and that works fine for me, il see if my bro can help me post some pics when he gets here of the bit i did last night like that, 1 with crystals from the finest bud from my pollinater grinder and 1 from some frosty leaf i had, the pollenater stuff has an amberness to it n looks simmilar to bho! the affects are simmilar 2 lol...take care peeps :cool0041:

Latest posts

Top Bottom