My germination method....

• Thread starter ograskal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

D.Wylde

Usually I take a quarter inch of medium and lay it out over the contents of an entire Mondi tray; and place seeds in garden rows, that I create in the medium with my finger, placing the seeds which were soaked for 24-hrs in CES HumTea; has given me an phenomenal success rate with single seeds; of various strains, and from different breeders..With only 1 too fail out of 50 different beans soiled! 48-hrs and then they pop right out the medium with the outer shell still attached like an helmet, either way whatever method helps those babies do their thing so be it!

B

bluntkiller619

paper towels work but i dont like them i use the hippy soil method or use a rapid rooter the reason veteran growers dont like using the paper towel method is because its not good to move a seedling in such a fragile state and if you drown a really rare seed you might feel kinda dumb

soserthc1

soserthc1

i have been using the rockwell but just purchased some jiffy today as i have some relly good seeds to start after these few mango , gdp, and burmese get done also got a mawi in there and as slow as this girl is growing - i can see why she takes 112 days but i think i agree with straight to soil thanks sorry if i was not allowed to post here

O

Og25percentTHC

what do you do if the seed doesnt come up you just wait then plant another or what thats why i use the glass of water. when in water they float till active when they take on water and begin process they sink. thats why the glass is better to start with dont plant the floaters only the ones that sink are germed properly. you really need both methods. if your not willing to take the time to remeber your seed then dont use the glass but for me its not that hard. i only plant that witch will sprout in my soil but its no bid deal how you germ. its just more pro to me to know if the seed is active or not but i could just be wrong somehow but i like to think im one of the best and thats one thing i wont do differently just cuz mama nature does it different then me. i happen to know she would be jelous of me and my plants. always push the bounds of your knowledge and you too can grow better than mama nature ever intended you to grow. if you follow her she will lead you down the path of small buds break free and liberate yourself from her oppresive grasp!!!

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
what do you do if the seed doesnt come up you just wait then plant another or what thats why i use the glass of water. when in water they float till active when they take on water and begin process they sink. thats why the glass is better to start with dont plant the floaters only the ones that sink are germed properly. you really need both methods. if your not willing to take the time to remeber your seed then dont use the glass but for me its not that hard. i only plant that witch will sprout in my soil but its no bid deal how you germ. its just more pro to me to know if the seed is active or not but i could just be wrong somehow but i like to think im one of the best and thats one thing i wont do differently just cuz mama nature does it different then me. i happen to know she would be jelous of me and my plants. always push the bounds of your knowledge and you too can grow better than mama nature ever intended you to grow. if you follow her she will lead you down the path of small buds break free and liberate yourself from her oppresive grasp!!!

Is this guy for real!?

R

razkaliconnec10

good method similiar to what the breeder soma does.. he germinates his in a cup of water which crack in 24-48 hours then he places into the soil about 2 seeds deep

M

mrbong73

I'm trying this germination method now with 6 White Fire x Bubba Kush BX from our good friend Aligee.
I'm using a mix of a couple handfulls of the following:
Homemade compost
Homemade soil mix
Coco/pumice mix
Pumice

I filled a "6 pack" nursery tray with the mix and watered it in. Then pushed an indention about 3/8" and dropped the seed in.
Then I sifted the fines from the mix over the tray so the seeds were buried.
And then I used my spray bottle to moisten the top layer of the soil.
And then....

O

Obi Wan Kenabis

Dirt's definitely the way to go!

I use a slight variation on plain dirt. Poke a finger into the dirt up to the first knuckle, using fine vermiculite fill the hole to within 1/4" of the surface, drop in the seed and finish filling with verm.

If your soil is a little heavy, or has chunks, this makes it a little easier for the little plantlet to escape.:party0044:

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Yo Mr Bong- my program is similar to yours and I'm right where I want to be bean-wise. I think you'll like your results. What's makin me nervous, ATM, are sponge plugs. Will I ever get them down? I started using them earlier this year and the best I could do was get my cuts to survive long enough to get to dirt. The guy that's showing me the chops, pops his in and has solid root mass in a week. One of the trays I got from him actually had a cut w/ an S-1 dangling from it. Same recipe, dramatically different results. I know this is a diversion, but "feel" has a lot to do w/ level of success regardless of process or growth stage. Mastering sponge plugs and getting the "feel" just happens to be my current challenge.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Sometimes a couple of pulls after a post brings these kinds of thoughts to mind. So, if this goes w/o saying or it doesn't make sense, blame it on the grower. I was using "a week" loosely and "solid root mass" for dramatic effect to make a point. I'm not there to count the days- maybe some do fill in in 7 days. for accuracy- root tips -> edges @7-8 das, good fill @10-11 das, nice, clean, chunky white block showing signs of ectomyco colonization (root tip/fungi morph) @ approx 14 das. Thank you for your time.

soserthc1

soserthc1

germ

thanks for the info, i use paper towel but i will try this way for sure...
i have always done the paper towel method - with them all sprouting in a day or two at max , its the cube i sometimes screw up on. I used jiffy blocks last time and my lemon skunk and lady burn both popped easy, i just dropped the lady burn and snapped the stem in half - will it continue to grow or once the cotyl leaves break off its done ? also could someone tell me a step by step way from start to full veg as i am going to start vegging my tangerine dream , super lemon haze , and skunk kush and some og kush if i can get some- Ihave all but the og thanks in ad - also a pm would be much better been this thread is long , im about to read the rest of the post now peace and good karma to you all ,,,,,, let it grow , let it grow

S

sykodelic

put soil in a cup and water it, THEN make the 1/4 inch deep hole in the soil and put the seed in (if u do it the other way around, seed and then water, you might push the seed down with the water, so wet the soil first and then put the seed in). I let my seeds soak while im prepping the cups with soil and then pop em in when im done... did this with 5 wifi seeds 2 days ago and they are all growing out of the soil...

N

norcalshan

I put 5 WiFi, 10 Super Silver Grape Ape (local breeder) and 4 Pitbull (skunk #1 x sugar plum) beans in cups and they all sprouted by day 5. I had a few after 2 days, but by day 3 most were popped. I use soil in my grows anyway, so I'm done with the paper towel. Thanks for the heads up...

Top Bottom