My girls have a problem.

• Thread starter CaptainStickman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaptainStickman

CaptainStickman

I have been researching so much and I can't seem to figure out what's causing this issue. I'm newer to this but my last grow went well. This grow was fine until recently now the leaves are getting dar and tips bending. I've read nitrogen toxicity but I've pulled all nutrients from the watering and flushed but it's still giving me no sign of improvement. I'm using happy frog potting soil and they're about 2 months old and in transition to flowering. Is this over watering? Root rot? Nitrogen burn? I can't seem to pin point it. Any advice is much appreciate.

My girls have a problem
My girls have a problem 2
My girls have a problem 3
Nobody116

Nobody116

Too much nutes gives you tip burn. You don’t have that. Could be overwatering, could be a pH issue.

Really hard to say with the info provided.

If the pot is heavy, since you flushed it, it should be, stop watering till the pot is light/er when you lift it.

Other than the slight clawing they look good.

Sometimes leaving them alone is the best thing.

Depending on your temps and amount of perlite, you should be able to not water for 3-5 daze, maybe more 🤷🏻‍♂️ But then you can eliminate that.

I don’t quite remember, but I think to pH soil you run twice the water to soil ratio, then take a sample when about half the water has passed through. But don’t quote me on that.

But don’t do that right now, as you just watered them hard to flush them.

That’s all I can figure. Good luck 🍀

CaptainStickman

CaptainStickman

Too much nutes gives you tip burn. You don’t have that. Could be overwatering, could be a pH issue.

Really hard to say with the info provided.

If the pot is heavy, since you flushed it, it should be, stop watering till the pot is light/er when you lift it.

Other than the slight clawing they look good.

Sometimes leaving them alone is the best thing.

Depending on your temps and amount of perlite, you should be able to not water for 3-5 daze, maybe more 🤷🏻‍♂️ But then you can eliminate that.

I don’t quite remember, but I think to pH soil you run twice the water to soil ratio, then take a sample when about half the water has passed through. But don’t quote me on that.

But don’t do that right now, as you just watered them hard to flush them.

That’s all I can figure. Good luck 🍀
Thanks for the reply bro. I'm just a little worried due the the bottom yellowing. I forgot to add in the Pics which I will do soon

CaptainStickman

CaptainStickman

Here are some additional pictures to show the bottoms of the plants and how they're slowly yellowing

20210207 100609
20210207 100336
20210207 100438
coherent

coherent

They don't look bad. Some bottom leaves will normally yellow or fall off during any grow. I don't see any major issues. A little spot or tiny bit of leave burn is no big issue. Don't over think it. If you water right, give it light and keep the ph between 5 and 7 it will grow. Nature will take care of it. Can you increase size, yield etc by fine tuning ph and nutrients? Sure, but I see so many people stress out and try to overthink and micro manage their grow. By doing so, they usually cause more problems than they help.. chill, relax and let it grow. Your plants look great so you must be dong something right.... keep it up.

CaptainStickman

CaptainStickman

They don't look bad. Some bottom leaves will normally yellow or fall off during any grow. I don't see any major issues. A little spot or tiny bit of leave burn is no big issue. Don't over think it. If you water right, give it light and keep the ph between 5 and 7 it will grow. Nature will take care of it. Can you increase size, yield etc by fine tuning ph and nutrients? Sure, but I see so many people stress out and try to overthink and micro manage their grow. By doing so, they usually cause more problems than they help.. chill, relax and let it grow. Your plants look great so you must be dong something right.... keep it up.
Thanks bro appreciate the advice!

Nobody116

Nobody116

Just a suggestion.
There’s a lot of unused pot in that pic.

Your probably near or already root bound. Once the root ball dries out a bit, pop her out and see if you ran out of room.

You could then mound up some fresh soil in the bottom. Crack the bottom of the root ball like an egg and place the opening over the fresh mound of dirt.

That will direct the roots outward and allow the root ball to increase in size. Big roots, big fruits 😉

CaptainStickman

CaptainStickman

Okay, update everyone. So I've backed off nutrients for a week and just watered lightly when pots got light. I reintroduced calmag mirco 6-0-0 and bloom 0-6-5. I wanted to set them into a good start with budding. I'm still seeing that bottom leaves are wilting and slowly yellow/browning. I was thinking about bully trimming the plants. Focus growth upward and reveal more light to budding sights. Suggestions? I think that might light set up is too weak for this many plants which is why the bottoms are struggling. I'm using a 200 watt 2700k flowering growth florescent and it's approximately 6 in about the plants. I planted these all thinking that the cracked seeds were all bad. They all grew haha. Tips for better buds. Better lighting? Trim?

Oh I also see these pods here. They look like seed pods under the buds. Is this a hermie?? Should I move it away from the others?

20210217 123945
20210217 123850
20210217 123915
4plant

4plant

I didnt read the whole post but do you check runoff ec? Not all plants will show burn tips in time to fix a nute toxicity.
I think feeding based on light intesty is important, plants in a room with a de 1000watt light have a much higher requirement than they will under your light.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Just give it ph water by itself 5.8 and water for 2 or 3 days see if YOU notice a difference.

coherent

coherent

It's pretty typical to loose lower leafs or see yellowing on them. The bushier the plant the more so simply because they aren't getting as much light as they need down there in the shade! No big deal... natures way of self pruning. I do see a lot of stretching. That normally relates to lack of light, which compounds the issue to lower leafs.

CaptainStickman

CaptainStickman

Ok everyone, 1 month later this is where I'm at from previous post. I'm starting to see some tips brown and claw up near the buds is this nute burn? I've been feeding about a gal to 5 plants over the course of 6 to 7 days. I'm running Ph water at 6, 20 ml/gal of bloom 0-6-5, 1 tsp/gal of CALiMAGic 1-0-0, and 8 ml/gal of micro 6-0-0. I also swapped lights to a stronger grow spectrum that is warmer and has a warmer colored light. I'm about to start week 5 of flowering and I see growth but not that much in the buds fattening. Any advice or tips on this?
I'm also about to get a newer light that's the bestva 2000w LED full grow spectrum. I've seen a lot of good reviews about that. Shouldni wait until next grow to swap that light in or should I just do it anyways?

20210314 122135
20210314 122143
20210314 122126
20210314 122202
20210314 122209
20210314 122218
20210314 122222
20210314 122225
20210314 122240
20210314 122250
Top Bottom