My girls need help

• Thread starter johnnyrex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green-Dream

Green-Dream

No need for both epsom salt and cal-mag. I would just run your base nute low at about 250ppm and check to make sure your plants are getting enough air via airstone.

Green-Dream

Green-Dream

I've found my girls to droop when they were not getting enough air.good luck!

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

what is your room temp at ? and id check the roots?
Thanks for replying my water temp is at 66f and my roots are white no signs of Rot.

how long has it been since you changed the water?
What happen was that the girls drank a lot of water and my ppm were low like 230ppm they have been vegging from 7 weeks already and there big so I top with fresh water and add some more nutes brought up the ppm to 500ppm. Also I don't understand that last run I know I had problem with my RH keeping it up but once the plants were bigger the RH still up but this case it didn't.

No need for both epsom salt and cal-mag. I would just run your base nute low at about 250ppm and check to make sure your plants are getting enough air via airstone.
Thanks dude I just don't know my base nutes were low at 230ppm and looking droopy air stones pumping hard lots of air bubbles

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

How long has it been since you changed the system completely?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

It's been around 4 weeks since then I will change everything out tonight and put new fresh nutes what ppm should I be at? Again they are about 4' tall already and 4' wide thee bushy I think I'll start flowering this week

T

tipper619sd

It's been around 4 weeks since then I will change everything out tonight and put new fresh nutes what ppm should I be at? Again they are about 4' tall already and 4' wide thee bushy I think I'll start flowering this week

WOW is all i can say right now. They are huge do u have the space for them? Sounds like once they are on track u will be killing in the UC. I was always told less is more in the uc and i am seeing first hand how good they look. Listen to DS he is very informed on everything. Peace

Camnibus

Camnibus

4x4 and still in veg?.. Should be more than interesting. They're gonna be hugeeeee.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

There are Waaayyy to big realized even of I flip now there going to be toooo big I decided to take cutting and start over

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Also if I have a 55 gallon Rez as top of and I mix the nutes and ph it at 5.3 will it keep my ph in the epicenter down or will I get the same swing when I was not using the top off Rez? Thanks

T

tipper619sd

There are Waaayyy to big realized even of I flip now there going to be toooo big I decided to take cutting and start over

Wait you cut them down ? i would top all of them multiple times and tie down a bunch of them and then flip them they should stretch for a week or 2 and u should be good.

Also if I have a 55 gallon Rez as top of and I mix the nutes and ph it at 5.3 will it keep my ph in the epicenter down or will I get the same swing when I was not using the top off Rez? Thanks

I usually keep mine at 5.1 and let it raise to 5.5- 5.6 and bring it back. But I really hope u didnt tear down those babies. I really was looking forward to seeing them in flower.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Just want to mention that ballast are made to be dimmed but bulbs are not. If you are running a bulb any bulb it needs to be run at the correct power level or they do not put out the right spectrum> For example if you have 1000w it should only be run at 1000w, not 750 or 600. If you do you do not have the correct spectrum, will shorten the life of your bulb. This is not new news and is posted on the better bulb sites EYE Hortalux has it.

We do not recommend dimming HID lamps
This is from the Hortilux site
Is it okay to use a 1000w hps bulb with a 1000w ballast dimmed to a 750w or 600 setting?
We do not recommend dimming HID lamps. HID lamps will operate when dimmed but the spectral quality of the lamp will change in a negative way.

HID lamps are designed to operate at a specific wattage. When you flip the switch, or turn the wattage dial, you are reducing the operating wattage of your lamp. This reduces the temperature inside the lamp and causes some of the chemical reactions inside the lamp to stop. This has a dramatic and negative impact on the quality of the light being produced by your lamp.

If you want to reduce the power of your system we recommend using a lower wattage lamp and operating it at its proper wattage. This way you can reduce power without sacrificing the quality of your spectrum and ultimately the quality of your plants.

from a different site

1. The product is NOT dimmable, it is "Selectable".
2. It is important that the ballast be given a 5 minute "re-set" period between changing wattages.
3. It is critical that users DO NOT try to overdrive 400 or 600 watt lamps and that they don't insert either of these lamps when the ballast is set on on the 1000 watt or turbo lumens setting. The results could be catstrophic failure of the lamps.
4. We do not have a history running 1000 watt lamps at a "dimmed" 400 or 600 watt setting. I would recommend users choose the proper lamp for the wattage they are "selecting".

Camnibus

Camnibus

Really? I hope you just cut them back. That mature, they'd recover in days.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Thanks guys for all the input that what I did I cut back these bitches and there recovering nicely I'm flipping them tonight thanks once again for all the help

T

tipper619sd

Thanks guys for all the input that what I did I cut back these bitches and there recovering nicely I'm flipping them tonight thanks once again for all the help

well thats good to hear had me really messed up like why is all i was thinking lol. Cant wait to see some pics

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Lol that funny dude I'll post some pic soon I just hate that I can't with my iPhone really tht why I don't post pic I have to email the photo to my small old pc laptop cause I also have a Mac pro desktop.
I just got the hydrofogger humidifier installed it this evening but the problem is the mist also is bad ass but I'm worry that the mist will wet my bare bulbs might be an issue
Any suggestions thanks

T

tipper619sd

mmm ya thats not a good thing . and ya i totally understand i sometimes can use my phone and sometimes not

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

WTF my ph has been dropping a couple of days before flip, I thought maybe when I flip and change with fresh nutes the problem will fix itself, the first week ppm 510 and ph to 5.1 it started dropping I was pro trek to ph up for about a week running open sesame with H&G, H202. I Saturday I changed out nutes and put in fresh tap water which comes out at 60 ppm I let those girls drink for about 3 hours. Then I flushed out and poured in fresh tap water and pity in 1/2 tsp/ gal open sesame 3 ml/ gal H&G and 1ml/ gal H2O2 and put in 2.5/ml/gal of cal-mag that brought my ppm very high to 810 so ph it to 5.1 again thinking ok my girls are about to stretch so maybe they start drinking up these nutes, WRONG again ph drop I woke up to 4.8
So Sunday I drained out about 20 gallons and poured in 60ppm tap and brought down the ppm to 500 and left the ph to 5.5 it rosed cause of the tap then today afternoon I came home the ppm again drop it was 5.0 so I drained another 20 gallons and poured in 20 gal tap ppm now drop to 380 and ph to 5.4 let's see if tomorrow it will swing up not down.
Any suggestions? Thanks

smokie

smokie

Check in the middle of the roots for discolor, sometimes that is where it starts then works it way outside.
Especially if they are being choked by the net pot.

Top Bottom