My Grow and My Nutrients that Worked Wonders for me 1st time outdoors last year as a Newbie.

• Thread starter AngryPossum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AngryPossum

AngryPossum

This will be my diary. So please bare with me. It will be worth your while, I assure you.

On my first ever grow last year using the base of Fox Farms Happy Frog And Ocean Forest Soil and some organic Nutes. I thought I'd share my experience.

Day 1
I germinated my 6 seeds by simply dropping them in water for a few days in a closet in my basement, I used bottled spring water.

After the seeds grew a tail, I planted them in a smaller pot with the root pointing downward about an inch down with my Fox Farms Soil mix.

I then utilized a homemade hothouse or green house by using a clear huge storage container, poked some holes in it and turned it over and covered them, so no animals or rodents could invade them. When it started getting hot out. I cut out a hole on the side of the container, and added in a small exhaust fan from a computer, that used 12 volts. I purchased a 12 volt battery and a small solar panel on Amazon that I used for renewable energy in keeping the battery charged off the grid. It worked amazing and my plants thrived.... **This was a temporary hothouse, till my plants got a little bigger... Photos enclosed.

My grow and my nutrients that worked wonders for me 1st time outdoors last year as a newbie
My grow and my nutrients that worked wonders for me 1st time outdoors last year as a newbie 2
Last edited:
AngryPossum

AngryPossum

Once my plants got larger, I removed them from the makeshift hothouse and transplanted them into 7 Gallon Grow bags, using a blend of Fox Farms Happy frog and Ocean Forest, on a 1:1 ratio.

The grow bags are more essential to root growth, as roots thrive on oxygen immensely. Your plain plastic 5 Gallon Home Depot Buckets, are not essential in my opinion, in what I had researched online with respect to root oxygenation.

Roots simply love oxygen and they build a better plant by using this media. However you must water more than your normal plastic buckets, as the sun and heat dry your soil much quicker. In late Summer I found I needed to water my plants at least twice a day...

With plastic buckets I would assume once a day. So make a note of it. Its important to check the weight of your grow bags to see if they need water also, simply by just picking them up. If there light when picking them up, they will need water.

You can purchase non-woven grow bags online anywhere, as well as your local gardening centers. I got mine on Amazon at a very affordable price. And you can reuse them every year till they degrade. Mine are still in great shape and I will reuse them again for this year's grow soon come early May.

Here is an example of my purchase.

Screenshot 20220415 090853 Chrome
Last edited:
AngryPossum

AngryPossum

My first nute that I introduced was Fishbone Meal by Mother Earth. I put about 1 Tablespoon of fishbone Meal in each pot, and left it on top of the soil. I didn't mix it in. I let nature mix it in. I did this every two weeks till the plants reached another level. Less is more. Don't give it too much, you'll get nute burn on your leaves and you will trip out...

Latest posts

Top Bottom