My Grow box

• Thread starter ronvmpc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ronvmpc

ronvmpc

So i had to build a light proof grow box that would fit a 2x2 foot ebb system, a cloning dome, 2 t8's, and extra space for whatever. And it had to be collapsable to fit thru a door. So we put bolts on the corners and that solve that problem. I'm thinking for the door I'm just going to put a black tarp over in instead of make a hinged door. I'm going to cut 2 4 inch holes for duct booster. One on the top the other on the bottom of either side. I figure 2 more days till its done. Heres what i got so far.

Don't get high and construct.

My grow box
My grow box 2
My grow box 3
J

jakew215

nice you get it finished yet?

and dont get high and construct? i cant construct without being high, my knees and back wont take it. lol. im a 22yo with arthritis.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Everything Is cut to size. I'm just trying to figure out the door (with light proofing in mind). It's done, I'm just a perfectionist i guess. Plus i stepped on my camera and broke it after a few beers so pics won't come for a few days.
P.S. Plan and measure before you go to the lumber yard. I have enough wood to build like 5 boxes.:bong2:

J

jakew215

yeah its hard to light proof i know. i would build a door if you could. the problem i had when i used black plastic for doors and making tents is that if there is positive or negative pressure in your box the door doesnt wanna stay closed. i tried velcro and it didnt work too well. maybe get a zipper but i dont think most are light tight and all the ones i found were pretty expensive.

i would use a plywood door with some foam strips around the edge. though, just some thoughts. looks like you built it with quality in mind though.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I was trying to take the easy way out but i think I'm gonna build the door. I used to help my uncle build frames for houses so he thought me the ways.

F

frostedlove

Go with the door
Even a plywood no framed door will work
I saw on the net a guy built a lid out
of foam insulation. You would push it in place,
kinda like a a foam cooler lid and then
close the door so it sealed. and with the insulation
you get light reflective material as well.

Cant wait to see the finishes Box
Best of luck

audius

audius

my box isnt alot different from yours but ,what i did on my doors was is i overlapped my mylar by about 3 inches.another option is use reflested tape for your coners.im using a 600w light & that tape works wonders

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

So here's the finished product. Sorry about the delay but works been gettin real. I'm gonna get a fan in there so i can get some air movement when the doors closed.
DSCN1541

Haven't finished the door but i need to start vegging these clones.
DSCN1542

2 t8's with warm and cool bulbs. Thinking about getting a 3rd in there.
DSCN1540
Just built that drip system in the middle for about $35 today.

J

John Smith Esq.

I can't wait myself. I kinda just winged the whole design. I'll post in a week to see if those clones take off.

nice winged project dude, measuring is overrated if you ask me.

have you got the door sussed yet? i built something similar to you and went through about 4 sets of hinges till i found these bad boys, there lift off so you can take the door off in a jiffy,
Untitled

i found some in my local hardware store.

then i just used two rows of P shaped draught excluder round the edge of the door to make it light tight and bobs your uncle.

hth, good luck with them clones man.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I bought some heavy duty hinges from H D. I built a frame for the door, I just need to screw it in. I'm liking your hinges better though.

Top Bottom