my grow room checklist please critique it

• Thread starter bluegrass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluegrass

Ok its a 10x10x8 room. Here is what I have right now, start to finish! One half is going to be hydro flood and drain, the other half will be organic soil.

1. 1000 watt digital select a watt switchable ballast and diamond hood. and a 400 watt coil and core ballast hood and bulb.
2. 3x3 ebb and flow, 30 gallon res, pump, timer for res, and cover for res.
3. 4x4 rockwool fast drain blocks
hydroton
4. 30 pound co2 tank, doser for c02, tubing for co2
5.advanced nutes sensi lineup, big bud, and candy bud as well for hydro of course
6. 35 pint dehumidifer
7. hepa air filter,
8. uvonair 1000 ozone gen
9. 2 oscillating fans
10. 5 mill poly to wrap the room
11. pots and a kiddie pool to drain the water into.
12. promix bx
13. hanna combo ph and ppm meter
have not decided about the organic mix yet but will soon enough...

and Im going to add more things as I come across them!
pruners shears and other things on hand as well

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
water filter, hi/lo thermometer/humidty, extra/utility pump, block covers and nice to have a floor level fan to keep air moving over the top of the medium, and yes Im nitpicking here
:smiley_joint:

B

Bobby Smith

A decent-sized carbon filter.

7 and 8 will not cut it once those plants are in full flower - I have two carbon filters and two ozone generators - the latter is nice for the "remnants", but I wouldn't trust them as my primary smell neutralizers.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
A decent-sized carbon filter.

7 and 8 will not cut it once those plants are in full flower - I have two carbon filters and two ozone generators - the latter is nice for the "remnants", but I wouldn't trust them as my primary smell neutralizers.

word - not sure how I missed that! with a good carbon filter you can nix the ozone generator

Z

zeropercentthc

IMO ozone should only be used when it's part of the exhaust. It's too unhealthy to be breathing, and it's probably not healthy for your plants either.

B

bluegrass

check! I forgot to mention the RO filter! Its on the way, and Im working on getting an 8 inch combo from a friend!

B

bluegrass

The only thing Im worried about is overloading the wall circuits with too much power. :(

Z

zDisturbedz

Timers, progrips for your lights (makes adjusting height easy), mite and pest control (better to have on hand just in case), clonex or other rooting gels (you will want to keep some genes going for sure), ph up and down, spare bulb(s) (better to be safe then sorry). Extra soil, perlite, lime, and molasses (I love adding this to the girls) for your organic soil grow. 30x microscope for when its time to look at those trichs. Spare exhaust tubing you might get some breakage along the way. I know I am missing more but some other helpful farmers will point them out sooner or later. Good luck.

Oh yeah forgot humidity and temperature gauge with min/max recall feature. You will definately want to keep track of your temps highs and lows for the day.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
most important thing is getting rid of the ozone and get the right size carbon filter set-up.

Not to pick but Pro-mix is not soil. It's gonna need some goodies added to it or you will need to use your nutes. Might know that but it's good to know that it's blank out of the bag. If you are considering a mix like subcool I would encourage you to look at dj shorts mix. it was the first mix I ever made ten years ago and it was real good for pro-mix. I used it instead of coarse cut sphagnum for the base. It was water only, no ph adjust and easy. I gave them an occasional tea but for the most part they needed nothing and it was some organic goodness. I like Maxicrop for the kelp and some good fine guano for not the stuff like rabbit turds...lol

fred

B

biggun4me

You need to hire an electrician if you are not one and make sure you do not burn down your home when you plug it all in... That was the first thing I did before plugging in... Good Luck... Peace

G

goleboy

Ya definitely wanna check the mount of amps your gonn be pulling nd do the numbers nd mke sure it's safe. Otherwise you run the risk of overheating breaker and BOOYAH fire in yo house. Good meters for reading ph ect. Oh ya and those plants too.

K

kashinc

I would def get someone to check out your power, I have blown so many wires in my walls in the last few years that I just hire someone to run my higher gauge wire independently on its own breaker and have zero problems. just my .02

Top Bottom