My Grow

• Thread starter SweetXxreese
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SweetXxreese

Hello fellow growers, I’m currently have 2 white widow, one on week 13 of flower the other 4 weeks old, 3 big buds in week 4 of flower 2 big bud clones and 2 blue cheese on week 4

I’m using Miracle-Gro shake ‘n feed amendment and Miracle-Gro 18-18-21 I heard Miracle-Gro is bad for weed but I’ll see. I also have some fish emulsion, I spray my plants in veg with this in the morning when the pores are open. I have a 400w led grow light I recently got my intake and exhaust recently so my humidity is no longer 70+ I’m surprised my didn’t get any mold. The hairs on my ww are all brown and receded my trichones are 60% cloudy, 30% clear and about 5%-10% about I’m not really sure but I think it’s almost time going to chop in 4 days going to give 2 days of darkness hopefully that’ll mature these trichs. What else can i do to Amber up some more? I’ve been keeping night temps around 17 degrees humidity 40-60. I’m planning on upgrading my equipment too any recommendations? Was thinking about getting another light

My grow
My grow 2
My grow 3
My grow 4
My grow 5
My grow 6
My grow 7
My grow 8
My grow 9
My grow 10
My grow 11
My grow 12
My grow 13
My grow 14
S

SweetXxreese

I decided to chop tonight after a day in the dark I noticed that parts of my white widow was purple and had a strong gas smell I’m guessing this is a pheno are something not really sure what that is. The rest of the bud have a pine like smell hope my other white widow comes out the same or better, anyone here grown ww from Canucks seed?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That is a whole lot of nitrogen, I'm surprised they're not totally fried. Yes, I'd dump the Miracle Grow on the next run. There are a bunch of low cost chem nutes for the same price or less that are far better suited to cannabis.

I would suggest buying the Cannabis Encyclopedia and read the parts that apply to you so you can get a better idea of what your girls need. Also, if possible find a reputable local hydro store and have them help you with what nutes and dosage are best for your plants. Remember, in case you end up in a disreputable hydro shop, more expensive isn't better, it's just more expensive.

IMO, you could start them in a good soil and no nutes for the veg stage, then your fish emulsion with kelp meal bubbled in a tea and some Hi-Brix molasses added every couple weeks during flower. I'm not an expert yet but if you didn't cut off those nutes your buds are gonna taste like sh*t. Plus, it doesn't look to me like they're ready yet but it's hard to tell with the state they're in. I don't suggest pruning all those bud leaves next time till after harvest.

Hey, we've all got to start somewhere and you've gotten further along than many new growers I've seen. It's quite possible there will be much better growers than I answering your post. If they say something different than I do, listen to them. But make sure you check their time in the forum and reputation before taking advice.

I'm more of an outdoor grower and am just learning indoor but similar principles apply and my grows speak for themself.

Happy growing.

S

SweetXxreese

That is a whole lot of nitrogen, I'm surprised they're not totally fried. Yes, I'd dump the Miracle Grow on the next run. There are a bunch of low cost chem nutes for the same price or less that are far better suited to cannabis.

I would suggest buying the Cannabis Encyclopedia and read the parts that apply to you so you can get a better idea of what your girls need. Also, if possible find a reputable local hydro store and have them help you with what nutes and dosage are best for your plants. Remember, in case you end up in a disreputable hydro shop, more expensive isn't better, it's just more expensive.

IMO, you could start them in a good soil and no nutes for the veg stage, then your fish emulsion with kelp meal bubbled in a tea and some Hi-Brix molasses added every couple weeks during flower. I'm not an expert yet but if you didn't cut off those nutes your buds are gonna taste like sh*t. Plus, it doesn't look to me like they're ready yet but it's hard to tell with the state they're in. I don't suggest pruning all those bud leaves next time till after harvest.

Hey, we've all got to start somewhere and you've gotten further along than many new growers I've seen. It's quite possible there will be much better growers than I answering your post. If they say something different than I do, listen to them. But make sure you check their time in the forum and reputation before taking advice.

I'm more of an outdoor grower and am just learning indoor but similar principles apply and my grows speak for themself.

Happy growing.
Thanks for all the useful info! For my white widow I didn’t use the Miracle-Gro I had root farm while she was in veg and flower. Where can i find this encyclopedia you spoke of? Also the tea recipe and instructions can be found on YouTube I’m guessing going to look into that right now thanks again

Monster762

Monster762

You should always cut feeds completely 2-3 weeks from harvest. In this case I would have cut 3 weeks shy because of the high nitrogen. Miracle grow grows good plants. Beast plants. The problem is that that nitrogen is hard to push out and it will by itself give you a very bitter grass flavor and smell like chemical. Ammonia almost. I ran mg cactus n palm soil. Plant was a beast but couldn’t get the n out. Most feeds don’t ever break 5 on the n number. If any nutes have higher than 5 totally combined I won’t use them.

S

SweetXxreese

You should always cut feeds completely 2-3 weeks from harvest. In this case I would have cut 3 weeks shy because of the high nitrogen. Miracle grow grows good plants. Beast plants. The problem is that that nitrogen is hard to push out and it will by itself give you a very bitter grass flavor and smell like chemical. Ammonia almost. I ran mg cactus n palm soil. Plant was a beast but couldn’t get the n out. Most feeds don’t ever break 5 on the n number. If any nutes have higher than 5 totally combined I won’t use them.
I stopped feeding my ww 1 week in advance I didn’t use much nutes (not mg)

Monster762

Monster762

I’ve found with a decent soil no veg nutes are really needed. Cause I veg 30 days so the soil feeds that long. I add microbes and root stuff. Silica*. No npk at all til end of veg. I let it eat the soils nutes. Hit with calmag on way to flower. Then I move to bottle supplements to feed through flower. I cut all n inputs after week 4 flower.
I only get to 50% of the feed strength on charts. Hit with 0-50-30 then water and carbs. I start carbs late veg.

Can you actually flush these? Like in a tub or something. I’d push clean water til runoff is clear. Then cold cold water on the ones you plan to chop soon. I’ve hit an ice water watering n had trichs go 100% amber in a day. Shock the plant a couple days before chop. It will not take that ice water up. The roots will feel death coming n force the plant to put out. All uptake at roots stops once that Ice water hits. Couple days eating stored nutes n ripening. Chop. Also before chop a few days You can pluck large dark leaves off. That way plant can’t pull the stored n from them into the bud when it goes to its reserves. In honesty people cry about leaves being solar panels. The leaves involved in the buds sugar leaves are what gets light for your buds. That’s why big ones die n drop. Those tiny things coming out of the buds are all that is needed for budswell. Blast them and buds with good light n those big ones just get in the way. They Cut airflow. Plants prettier with the leaves but at the end it ain’t about pretty. It’s about good bud.

I’m no pro. Shoulda put that in the beginning. But honestly I’d feel confident putting my blotto cut up against anything I’ve seen. Here or anywhere. In test labs whatever. I need to find a lab thats real on east coast.

Monster762

Monster762

I stopped feeding my ww 1 week in advance I didn’t use much nutes (not mg)
That one will probably taste better. Potency will still be there on the mg plants but the n leaves taste. I messed up my first run ran mg soil then I dried too quick.
Far as nutes I got a 1 liter combo and been flipped 4x8 3 times off it. I did have to get more bloom but the micro and grow still half full. After say 25 plants fed over the last 5 months. That’s how low I keep nutes in there.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Happy growing.

First I want to say, ( @Monster762 , as well, so you don't think I'm saying anything negative about you) Monster762 and I have very different ways of growing. Obviously, neither of us are wrong because we both produce good bud (Though I don't know your grows I've seen you around and at least one of your followers I know and trust.) We have very different growing styles, and you're going to need to find your own. That's also why I suggest you order the Cannabis Encyclopedia to get a well rounded idea of what type of grower you want to be.

If you can order from Amazon its $38.10

51RjlehLB9L AC SL1500

https://www.amazon.com/Cannabis-Enc...+cervantes&dpPl=1&dpID=51RjlehLB9L&ref=plSrch

Though it also does not give exact feeding instruction it will educate you in the most common types of nutes and feeding techniques. I personally have not made tea but I was trying to give you an option starting with something (fish emulsion) you already have and use. I don't know what you can and can't afford, which I know from being on a fixed income, greatly effects how you decide to grow. If you want to make tea it is my understanding that you will need mesh bags, a five gal bucket(or bigger), a bubble snake set up to fit the container you're using, and the ingredients (my list for you was simple but they can be large complex recipes as well). Search tea in the forums for recipes and instructions.

So you are fully informed as to how I grow, I use bat guano soil amendment before vegetative cycle, then switch to bottled nutes or powder. It depends on my financial situation at the time. Last year I used a combination of Fox Farm, Earth Juice, and Advanced Nutrients nutes for the flower cycle, and It cost me 0-0 A week to feed my six monster plants in 200 gal smartpots nearing harvest. This year I started with Fox Farms and Earth juice nutes and due to financial tightening I'm using powdered nutes by Grow More and General Hydroponics, and Earth Juice Hi-Brix molasses to feed the soil microbes that process the other nutes. The Grow More Hawaiian Bud & Bloom NPK 5-50-17 powder is for 5lbs, I use four teaspoons every 4 days, the GENERAL Hydroponics Kool Bloom (only for the last 3 weeks if bloom) NPK 2-45-28 powder is for 2.2lbs, I use 1.25 teaspoons every 4 days, the Earth Juice Hi-Brix 1 gal, I use 1 cup a week (may adjust that by results), on 9-13 foot outdoor plants in 200 gal pots. Bought these at my local hydroponics shop for far less than on Amazon. I dilute more than recommended to bring the total NPK down to around 2-25-12 (I'm sure it's different but close to the actual number). I cut off nutes about a 5-7 days before harvest. I personally disagree with Monster about trimming leaves, IMO if more leaves are available then they will produce more sugars through photosynthesis to feed the growing/ripening blooms and make them sweeter and more potent. I believe in trimming only the unnecessary leaves thar are dying because the plants picked them to do so. Also, when drying the more leaves there are the longer the dry time and the smoother the smoke due to a better dissipation of chlorophyll and chemicals. So even if they aren't necessary for growing, I consider them necessary for drying/curing. Again, different styles but neither are wrong.

Definitely get the Cannabis Encyclopedia if you can. George Cervantes has about 50yrs experience and even Oaksterdam University (growers workshop out of Oakland CA) uses/used it (don't know if still around due to Fed gov. raids).

Thanks for your input Monster762. Between the two of us it shows the extreme variation in possible growing styles.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks for all the useful info! For my white widow I didn’t use the Miracle-Gro I had root farm while she was in veg and flower. Where can i find this encyclopedia you spoke of? Also the tea recipe and instructions can be found on YouTube I’m guessing going to look into that right now thanks again

Sorry, I accidentally quoted my own post when I responded to your question.

S

SweetXxreese

Drying the ww now, I smoked a small piece early it’s a heady high. I don’t think the taste is on point though. My 3 big buds are actually getting burnt not severely but still might get worst. My vegging plants are still growing bigger by the day only plant progressing slowing is the ww that I damaged early on and my big bud clone that I also damaged was going to be mainlined lost a main stem.

I’ve decided to pick up some nutrients from advanced nutrients online anyone used these before? Also I’m looking for an hid or hps for my grow tent what wattage would be good for a 48"x24"x60" or should I stick to led?
What are some fast finishing strains?

Monster762

Monster762

Drying the ww now, I smoked a small piece early it’s a heady high. I don’t think the taste is on point though. My 3 big buds are actually getting burnt not severely but still might get worst. My vegging plants are still growing bigger by the day only plant progressing slowing is the ww that I damaged early on and my big bud clone that I also damaged was going to be mainlined lost a main stem.

I’ve decided to pick up some nutrients from advanced nutrients online anyone used these before? Also I’m looking for an hid or hps for my grow tent what wattage would be good for a 48"x24"x60" or should I stick to led?
What are some fast finishing strains?
Advanced nutrients are good. I run em around half strength.the 3 part a bottle of cal mag and some carbs is all you really need.
And Indicas. Indicas Are your quicker finishers and your heavier highs more narcotic like. . Indica hybrids too. Most all indica dominant. Some are fire in like 50 days if grown right. Less nutes is better. In soil keep microbes up and feed them carbs and sugars in flower. $3 molasses at Walmart.
Go with good genetics. Not the cheapest ones that’ll make the biggest difference.

S

SweetXxreese

I grow we almost every grow, I've broken a main stem before it sucks, I lost half of my yield. But stay vigilant my friend. As for the heady high may have a lot to do with curing. That's where a lot of the taste comes in. I watch my pistsls and wait until they are about 80% brown and my trics have a full look with a few going to the amber side before I consider harvesting them. Be very patient a lot of the good stuff happens the last two weeks. Don't be afraid to push them a little longer if possible. Early harvest will give you a racy high. That's my humble opinion. Happy growing.
Well if I train my ww that’s vegging she should be ok. I hope I can get this one right

S

SweetXxreese

Advanced nutrients are good. I run em around half strength.the 3 part a bottle of cal mag and some carbs is all you really need.
And Indicas. Indicas Are your quicker finishers and your heavier highs more narcotic like. . Indica hybrids too. Most all indica dominant. Some are fire in like 50 days if grown right. Less nutes is better. In soil keep microbes up and feed them carbs and sugars in flower. $3 molasses at Walmart.
Go with good genetics. Not the cheapest ones that’ll make the biggest difference.
I get my seeds from Tnsb and what does it mean to keep the microbes up? I used molasses before but I was told it wouldn’t do anything since I wasn’t using organic soil

Monster762

Monster762

I get my seeds from Tnsb and what does it mean to keep the microbes up? I used molasses before but I was told it wouldn’t do anything since I wasn’t using organic soil
What soil you using ? Or coco or mix. You don’t have to have a full blown organic soil. Peat moss coco all that will hold microbes. I think they even have microbes for hydro. If you’re in any kind of dirt microbes will help. They keep plant happy. I got a jar was expensive though but skunk labs root assist microbe complete. That’s what I use to add microbes. And mykos when mixing soil. And at up pots.

Monster762

Monster762

What soil you using ? Or coco or mix. You don’t have to have a full blown organic soil. Peat moss coco all that will hold microbes. I think they even have microbes for hydro. If you’re in any kind of dirt microbes will help. They keep plant happy. I got a jar was expensive though but skunk labs root assist microbe complete. That’s what I use to add microbes. And mykos when mixing soil. And at up pots.
Advanced nutrients makes microbe stuff too but expensive and no 1 product covers all angles. IF I remember right this little jar was like $30 but like I said if I remember right it’s lasted that long 1/4-1/2 tsp one a month or so or if you just feel like something ain’t right ain’t taking up ph out any number of reasons those microbes make your job easier they say use every 2 weeks I only use this one time in veg cause I veg 30 days usually I’ll use this soon as they want food then again about 2 weeks in flower and feed carbs n sugars molasses is best I’ve found even over the bottled stuff like liquid w8 bud candy etc $3 molasses is just better period I’m still not half way through jar it is not full when new about 2/3 full it’s a black dust that when mixed with water smells like good good soil actually

S

SweetXxreese

I’m using pro mix mixed with shrimp compost, could you put a link to where I can purchase these, thanks for the useful information I learned a lot from that

Latest posts

Top Bottom