My growing experience in deep water culture.

• Thread starter Mospeada
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UK420Show

UK420Show

Few days into week 5. Really happy with this run even though there is a lot of inconsistency in the canopy. Next run should be better.View attachment 1075584View attachment 1075586View attachment 1075587View attachment 1075588
Still haven't cleaned out the other room for the next. Can be hard battling depression while still getting work done. This room was a reflection of my head space, cleaning it out today.View attachment 1075592
Wow were these plants bruce banner hahaha

Mospeada

Mospeada

Wow were these plants bruce banner hahaha
Yah, I did really poor by them, way too much stress. Only took what looked semi decent. I'm going to give them another go because it was easily the frostiest I've grown so far, I've tried GG4 which was super sticky but didn't have that super frosty look.

UK420Show

UK420Show

Yah, I did really poor by them, way too much stress. Only took what looked semi decent. I'm going to give them another go because it was easily the frostiest I've grown so far, I've tried GG4 which was super sticky but didn't have that super frosty look.

No worries man Your grow schedule must be insane to keep such a healthy looking garden. Even the best of us have only got so much free time :) I currently have Gorilla Girl f1 in my flower tent and its funny I was just going to mention how sticky she is that GG pheno is something Else the smell is very Unique too. you instantly know it :) Oh I was actully joking. I meant it cause it looked like the hulk had entered yyour garden i didnt know the pheno was actully bruce banner LMAO I am currently growing bruce cookies so I'll be sure to post it up when shes further into flower :)

Good luck for the next run my friend.

Mospeada

Mospeada

Pulled my finger out and on track to finish the next setup by today.
IMG 20210111 131834

My clones rooted a couple of weeks ago but didn't have a system to put them into. Looks rough.
IMG 20210111 131954

Mospeada

Mospeada

Pretty much used regular tap water on the last run. I don't think I'll ever go back to using ro or highly filtered water anymore. As long as it's been dechlorinated then that's good enough for me. It's relatively hard at 256 ppm.

IMG 20210111 152353
Mospeada

Mospeada

This run I'm doing 16 Gelato and 8 Pink Kush. They're on day two of veg. I was a bit over eager when I transplanted. Turned the lights on 100% and a few plants didn't handle it well, gave them a foliar of plain water and will see how they go. I've still got a few clones I can replace them with if needed. Want to ease back on the feed this time round. Aiming for a nute run of 600ppm max with a starting ppm of 230 from the tap water.
IMG 20210112 182535
IMG 20210112 182600

The Pink Kush had no issues with the stronger light but they had more of a root system in place.
IMG 20210111 203453

Mospeada

Mospeada

Near the end of week 6 in room 2. Really happy with this run compared to last. All the issues I ran into I can avoid easily on the other run too. They've been on the same feed since flower with top ups of dechlorinated tap water. I haven't checked the ppm for a week and the pH for two but I rarely have issues once I get a stable solution. It ended up being 501 ppm at 6 pH.
IMG 20210113 052305
IMG 20210113 053005
IMG 20210113 052922
IMG 20210113 052903

The Pink Kush has the biggest top cola I've grown so far, over a foot long easy. Not a big fan as it looks full of stem but I'll give it longer than the Gelato's.
IMG 20210113 053417
IMG 20210113 054029

chemistry

chemistry

Gonna be a nice centre cola when it buds up and the muff dies off. Last pic.

Kinash

Kinash

Quick question, do you see any algae forming where the reservoir is exposed to light?

cheers,

Bongholio

Bongholio

Yyouh. Can harvest every two weeks using the sea of green method. Once you get plants big enough, pull the biggest bottom limbs and clone them in a fish tank under fluorescent light. In two weeks they are ready to veg. In two weeks of vegging you should be able to pull clones again. Then put enough plants in to fill a quarter of your room. Grow the tops only. I was putting 6 plants in a 40 gallon Rubbermaid roughneck tote , two totes every two weeks . In a 7x 14 room divided for veg(1/3) and flower(2/3). I was pulling 3 1/2-4 pnds every two weeks. Growing the tops only makes the plant just one big kola. Cut all limbs over 3/8" long off the plant before you flip. Kolas average 4-5oz. Big as a 2 liter soda bottle at the bottom and about 2 1/2' long. To make them rock hard solid mix some blue light as 1/3 of the light. It will keep the plant from stretching outta control. Ihad 3 hps 400w. I took the middle on and sealed with a metal hilyde. It works,, went from looking like giant spiders lived in the room I had so many support lined tied to no support lines..
I Did this for over 8 years. Kept a bubblegum, and a skunk and an ak47 alive just cloning off clones the whole time.
I also used the fish tank water as my base water for my dwc. It alone can grow the entire cycle with nothing added. Just switching to fish tank water I could see,taste and feel the vast improvement over just tap water.

Last edited:
RichRon

RichRon

At the same time I was chopping that bush down in October I just finished building my first recirculating system. It was 8 5 gallon buckets with another 5 gal bucket as the res. The main reason for this upgrade was so I could try out water cooling. Haven't looked back since. I put 4 Banners on the left and 4 Gelatos on the right. View attachment 1022644View attachment 1022645
Are those 1-2 inch bulkheads on a 5 gallon bucket, are leaks an issue?

Latest posts

Top Bottom