My healthy looking leaves are slightly curling

• Thread starter Frank Tan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frank Tan

Frank Tan

Hi guys. I put some new autofem babies down on the 13th of september and they are doing great except for some of them are showing a little curling. They have been watered as needed, not re watering until the pot is light to lift and they have been given only small amounts of root juice(biobizz) bioheaven and ADV natural power
Leaf curljpg
Leaf curl 2jpg
etc. I am growing in soil, I have ph'd the water to 6.5 and the room temp stays around 76. The light is 600w mh and I have increased the light from 250w to 400 to 600 over the last 2 and a half weeks.

Should I be worried or will they grow out of this curling? Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!

Frank Tan

Frank Tan

Hey, thanks for your help !!! I have a fan on them. What is a vpd problem?

soserthc1

soserthc1

Fan leaves curl like that when temps are 2 high ( which 76 is not ) or humidity is to to high , there is a vpd chart on @Seamaiden signature

Nothing really to worry about your plant seems healthy otherwise

Frank Tan

Frank Tan

Thanks soserthc !! I really want to get this grow right !!! I really appreciate the advice

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'm no expert but might be when you turned you lights all the way to the max your hitting your soil with too much energy and it gets to warm water evaporating much faster since the soil is not covered with plants canopy. Just thinking out loud. So the temperature around your plant is a bit higher than what you're measuring in the grow room.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I agree w the heat being the cause, can u raise the light or drop the intensity if your ballast as you said you started w 250 /400 watts turn it down till she bounces back fer a spell..........
how far away is your light and other than the slight curl your gear looks on track
Kool to be Green
Sendin the Grow Vibe
FlyJ

Frank Tan

Frank Tan

Thanks Stable for the vibes (I need them) The light is about 18 inches over them. I will raise up the light a bit more and see what happens. I have 16 ladies growing and most are ok, just a few showing this curling

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Looks like you have some premier farmers chiming in to lend a hand @F
IMHO what ever Seamaiden or waayne suggest you can take as gospel.....
A good environmental temp humidity gauge posted ?
If not its a must
Great lookin out Mr. Waayne

Frank Tan

Frank Tan

Hi Waayne, thanks for the response. I don't have a humidity meter. I will get one tomorrow morning :( and then let you know. I have been placing a bowl of water in the room. But I will take it out until I can measure the humidity.

Frank Tan

Frank Tan

I really appreciate all the help. Knowing there is somewhere to go for help is amazing. I hope in time when I stop making mistakes and actually growing well that I can help others the way I was helped !

waayne

waayne

@Frank Tan yes definitely pick up a hygrometer,you're going to need it...
I'd leave the bowl of H20,if anything looks like your RH is a bit too low to me,but we won't know for sure until you can measure it.

good luck!

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Great people with good hearts and Danky grows with lots of Knowledge to share
This is an Epic place to learn and be part of something big,,,,
welcome to the Farm. . . . . .

Frank Tan

Frank Tan

Good morning gentlemen! So I have picked up the humidity and temp meter. It is a 78 fahrenheit and the humidity is 50%
Temp1
Temp2
Temp3
Temp4

Toaster79

Toaster79

You're a bit low on Rh but that will change as the plants grow. Keep a bowl of water in there to push Rh a bit higher.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Nice setup you've got there. All the same strains? Which plant in the tent is the affected one? Is that your only light?

Frank Tan

Frank Tan

Thanks Toaster for the reply. I have 2 tents with sativa in one and indica in the other. The sativa tent is having the problems and it is the sour diesel strain that is suffering the most with the leaf curling. There is also durban poison in there, think different and a hybrid vertigo.

Top Bottom