my hood shocked me !?!?

• Thread starter anti
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

anti

I have 2 1kw lights I am currently running each at 500w and just now I was adjusting the height of my lights and my hook shocked me! It wasnt like extremely painful but it scared the shit outta me! Uhhh, this obviously isint supposed to happen and Im like scared to touch it now wtf?!?!??

convex

convex

Make sure your grounds are proper from hood to panel (cords, sockets, outlets) and any other connection point.

Cheers

Papa

Papa

Supporter
disconnect the power to the fixture. open the fixture up. before you touch any of the wiring, use you eyes and find where a "hot" wire is coming into contact with the housing. it may be where a wirenut has come undone or insulation has chaffed off a wire, etc.

then, check out the ground prob that convex noted.

the reason we run proper grounding is so that if a hot should ever energize your housing (like yours) your breaker will terminate power before you touch it and get bitten.

Papa

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
could even be a bad ground in the house - you would be suprised how many houses are not really properly grounded

blazer

blazer

Definitely check your ground and for a touching wire with out a good ground if a a bare wire shorts power(electricity) has no where to go until you touch it and you become the ground hope that make sense peace
blazer

Top Bottom