My Hot Soil MIx?

• Thread starter dirrtyd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirrtyd

dirrtyd

I would like opinions on what I could add or take away. I will be using three different versions of this mix. I have a wonderful line up for it to go in also. Will be taking clones soon to root and go in the ground by 4-20-10.

1.5 cu ft of patio plus
1/2 cup blood meal
1/2 cup bone meal
2 cups diatomaceous earth
1 cup greensand
2 cups dolomite
2ltrs sand
2ltrs perlite
1 cup bulb food 3-8-8 with Mycorrhizae and humic acids
10lbs worm castings
¼ cup of soluble kelp
½ cup Jamaican guano
½ cup Mexican guano
all comments welcome

S

Skunkenstein

I would 'Bump' up your Bone meal , Kelp meal and Guanos to 1 CUP each.I would also add 1cup Alfalfa meal to the mix.
Would also add 1tablespoon/gal of either 5-5-5 or 3-8-8 to the bottom of the hole or bottom of the container.The 'Hottest' element of your Ammendment mix is the Blood Meal..Your amount seems about right.I use only 1tsp/gal of blood meal...it's Hot stuff! I've been running a mix very similar to yours for years with Fantastic results!! Your Looking Good Amigo..!!!

dirrtyd

dirrtyd

I would 'Bump' up your Bone meal , Kelp meal and Guanos to 1 CUP each.I would also add 1cup Alfalfa meal to the mix.
Would also add 1tablespoon/gal of either 5-5-5 or 3-8-8 to the bottom of the hole or bottom of the container.The 'Hottest' element of your Ammendment mix is the Blood Meal..Your amount seems about right.I use only 1tsp/gal of blood meal...it's Hot stuff! I've been running a mix very similar to yours for years with Fantastic results!! Your Looking Good Amigo..!!!

Thanks for the encouragement. I will be putting the plants in it next month to begin the journey.Dirrty

Top Bottom