my hps light turns off and on

• Thread starter ATIK427
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

ATIK427

i have a 70 watt hsp light and when it's on it runs for a while and then it shuts off for one full minute and then it comes back on..i'm not sure how often this happens but i have just become aware of the problem..which brings me to my question is this a problem? i'm supposed to start flowering tomorrow and i dont want to throw them into a box thats going to kill or harm them. any advice or suggestions would be much apreciated

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

My advice and suggestion would be to find out why the light keeps shutting off......unless you have it connectd to a timer, this is a problem. More than likely its heat related.

P

paulwarr41

its a process of elimination is the light on a timer.If so try it without the timer.Next if that does not help try a new lamp.If this still does not cure the fault its the ballast.

S

SSHZ

Sounds like a bulb or ballast issue. The build up of heat must be switching something off until it cools down and then automatically refires.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

also check the connections om the socket assembly. i had this happen to me before and it was a bad connection

S

Spliff-killa

The ballast is over heating and is shutting down. Thats NOT good! It can eventually cause a fire! BE CAREFUL!

Top Bottom