My ISO METHOD

• Thread starter Kuntjoose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

frostedlove

Just to give everyone a heads up when reading this, since you did not really explain about the percent of Isopropyl Alcohol and its relationship to the product. 91% means that there is 9% chemicals that are not alcohol in here and those chemicals do not evaporate like the alcohol. So if you really want to smoke chemicals to the dome then try to get the closest to 100% alcohol or better yet just make 100% natural water hash.

I have smoked many things in my day and have made most of the diy get high at home hashes and things and you can always taste that slight hint of chemical funkiness tang that forms on the back of your tongue .

Do You guys get that? Its almost like it burns your nose a little?

Just wanted to throw that out there, so always shoot for highest percentage you can get. You can get pretty high stuff at beauty supply stores.

Blaze

Blaze

With most ISO alcohol the remaining % is just water. The bottle should tell you somewhere on it what it contains. So long as it is just alcohol and water you should be all good.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Yeah,Just picked up a couple bottles of CVS namebrand 91% Isoprophl alchohol,Only other ingredient listed is Purifed Water!!

F

frostedlove

Yeah,Just picked up a couple bottles of CVS namebrand 91% Isoprophl alchohol,Only other ingredient listed is Purifed Water!!

I am wrong about the percent. I just read a lot more. You guys are right about the water is the percentage.
I stand corrected

I still hold on to the strange nose thing but yea "my bad".

R

Rabbi

So KJ if i have a bunch of the 75m and the 90m bb thrown together. looks about what your finished product looks like. if i used this method what would i get little cleaner hash (what ever the mil on the coffee filter)

Kuntjoose

Kuntjoose

Hey guys some great stuff going on in here I'm really glad I started this thread.
hey there Kuntjoose heres a little trick for ya man you will even get better oil by freezing the iso and trim first then do your wash with it try it out man,be well.Peace and stay safe...budmonger
Budmonger, I have heard of this method. The idea behind it is that if you start with frozen material alot of the contaminates will be stuck or frozen and unable to bind with the super cold ISO. I did use this technique quite a few times, however I feel that the small improvements made barely warrants the extra hassle unless your trying to make super connoisseur shit. In which case the "quick wash" method would be inferior. After you have frozen your material you would want to just place your material in your strainer and just run ISO through it then dispose of the material and do it again. I do feel its a little wasteful as I only achieve approx. 3-5% yield though again the quality is superior.

So KJ if i have a bunch of the 75m and the 90m bb thrown together. looks about what your finished product looks like. if i used this method what would i get little cleaner hash (what ever the mil on the coffee filter)
Rabbi if you took your bubble hash, liquefied it in ISO and then ran it through a coffee filter it would indeed filter out all the gland heads and minute plant material that may have made it through. Making for a much cleaner burning product.

Blaze

Blaze

ISO made from bubble hash is killer; I prefer it to ISO made with shake actually. This last year I've been taking all my low grade bubble from the 25 and 120 screens and turning it into ISO hash.

F

fuzzy

Made some awesome iso today,well really last night.Its mmm,mmm good. peace,fuzzy:banana1sv6:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
in this example you do 2 runs of fresh material. would it turn out just as good if I did more washes?

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Cool thread Kj

Might have to try this on some of my bubble

mal

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Wanted to thank Kuntjoose for starting this thread!! Been making some killer ISO lately,Thanks alot buddy,never knew it was so easy,heres a pic of my last batch I made,scraped the dish this morning and formed it into a nice little 4 gram tootsie roll,stuff kicks ass,bubbles when you burn it then cherrys up and leaves nothing but ash behind,been loving this stuff and so have my buddies:party0045:

DSCI0955
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
^^^ Mr Hanky never looked so good!

R

Rabbi

I too will second the awesomeness of KJ's ISO thread. I've run about 8 batches in this last week, scrap, shake, buds, chunk hash. and it turns everything into really quality bubble. Minimal tools, different types of ingredients. Results very from almost Double OO, to amber sugar.

This is now my go to method for extracting concentrate THC from my medicine.

D

DrGreenGenes

This is a good thread and shows the proper way to make ISO Hash......which, indeed, is a VERY cost effective way to crank out some hash. But, ISO is not very healthy, just like Rick Simpson's NAPTHANE Oil is NO GOOD either. ISO, Napthane, commercial grade Hexane, even Propane & Methane...these are all "organic solvents"...the solvents are "white gases" or "natural gases"...created through the seperation of molecules in the air we breathe regularly...hence the reason these solvents dissipate back into the air we breathe. CO2 and 5 times refined Butane are the 2 cleanest solvents to use, and only under pressurized extraction methods. CO2 require a "super critical oil extraction" laboratory setup. Vector Brand Butane is the easiest to find and most glassblowers these days are making pyrex tubes to load the herb into and blow the Butane through.... The final product of CO2 is BY FAR the cleanest. 5 times refined butane is the 2nd cleanest....meaning still kinda dirty. ISO and all the other non-pressurized organic solvents are VERY HIGH in heavy metals that the human body has a hard time processing, especially for those of us with bad immune systems. Let alone the way our body reacts to the heavy metals upon smoking them into our lungs is unresearched and unknown. They didn't know what carcinogens in cigarettes were REALLY doing to us until people got old and started keeling over. I would only indulge in ISO hash on rare occasions. Is it gona kill you? NO.... But, I dive as deep as BHO only. I truly would love to only puff on full melt bubble water hash.

S

stuupee

Hi Kuntjoose, thanks so much for this method, batched a few times and love the end result, just to my taste.
Just have 1 question, during a visit to a friends last week i introduced him to iso hash and he was just as blown away as i was. After explaining the process and informing him of the different products i used like buds, bubble hash etc he showed me his rolling station, he loves his soapbar and has around 60g of dust like powder mixed with loads of little shards and crumbs from the soapy, would he be able to deploy this method to basically recycle/clean his leftovers? thanks

D

D420K

kuntjoose this is an awesome and very informative thread .thank you very much and look forward to my method with pics as well in the future..im brand new here and plan on putting up some awesome stuff..thankx to all the ideas and fine tunings fellow smokers..

peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom