My Journey Into a Volcano

• Thread starter PpmOver9000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Another point to consider is......You took out the bennies from your reservoir but....they will still exist in your blocks.
Bacterias are very resistant..
Is there any organic element in your nutrients? Even a pinch of humic acid could feed some bacteria that u previously introduced...
Im a totally new to rockwool, but if you think that those swings are caused by uncontrolled microbial activity, maybe goin sterile adding some bleach could stabilize the situation?
💚 👊💚
Yes this was my next step, just ordered some 29% h202. I was going to run both. Feed bennies separately once a week (to keep it out my tank cuz the pump was clogging). Then dose h202 the following week to kill off and repopuplate. Might ditch the bennies altogether, not sure yet but def going to be using h202 whether it's standalone or with bennies. How much 29% h202 is supposed to be used? Ive never ran it before.

There are no other organic inputs besides the one benny product, unless the enzyme product falls in that category?
I also have 3% h202 lying around for other household use, does it make sense to dose this 9.6x higher and just use it?

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Cant answer on the bleach proportions but i can tell u for sure that bennies and bleach are a nonsense cause the last one will kill the great majority of em if not every single one of em😄
But....im thinking that you could rip some benefits still by dooin instead some foliar bennis and leave alone the cubes and the rootzone...but this are just toughs...
Also, there are so many type of beneficial inoculums around and some of them carry also small amount of organic nutrients like kelp and humics some even alfalfa.....they say that is because keep the good guys healty in the bag, some other says its just to green up your plants right after u apply em , makin look their product very miraculous....anyway..wich beneficials are u usin?
Have u tried this Southern AG fungicide?
I got some similar product that is bacillus amyloliquefaciens but in powder form that makes the water dark ...i will run it in some test cubes to check if will create some ph problem for the same reason....

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Yea I was thinkin about running them both far apart from eachother to kill off and repopulate but ya I guess that kind of sounds counterproductive, prob just gon go sterile.

I am using +Life from Hydroponic Research, it's the bennies that is in the same line as my base nutrients. It doesn't dissolve that well, not sure how effective it will be as a foliar.

Nah haven't tried the southern AG, heard great things about them though. I have regalia at the moment which I believe has the same active ingredient. I was going to add that as preventative every 2 weeks or so, haven't opened it yet though.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Cant answer on the bleach proportions but i can tell u for sure that bennies and bleach are a nonsense cause the last one will kill the great majority of em if not every single one of em😄
But....im thinking that you could rip some benefits still by dooin instead some foliar bennis and leave alone the cubes and the rootzone...but this are just toughs...
Also, there are so many type of beneficial inoculums around and some of them carry also small amount of organic nutrients like kelp and humics some even alfalfa.....they say that is because keep the good guys healty in the bag, some other says its just to green up your plants right after u apply em , makin look their product very miraculous....anyway..wich beneficials are u usin?
Have u tried this Southern AG fungicide?
I got some similar product that is bacillus amyloliquefaciens but in powder form that makes the water dark ...i will run it in some test cubes to check if will create some ph problem for the same reason....

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

For anyone just now checking in, I was applying bennies and hygrozyme in rockwool and did not have a fun time trying to control the ph. From the few rabbit holes I went down on the interwebs, lots of aquarium sites actually, I am fairly confident that it was the bennies that were raising my ph. After many failed adjustments I just decided to kill them off and go sterile. I am sure it was user error on my part because I know plenty of growers who run bennies successfully in rockwool. So I politely ask, how does one run beneficials in rockwool while not having ph in the blocks swing up to 7.0?

After much headache and even more help from some of the users on here (thanks a ton @Gleny88 @Dirtbag @Anthem @Aqua Man), the ph in my blocks are finally stable. They are going back to their normal feeding schedule and will probably be flipped in a week or so, putting them at what's looking like a 4 week veg.

On a funny side note, I got punished for not doing much vetting on where I was getting seeds. The entire tent is Original Glue fem seeds and I see what looks like 2 autos beginning to flower lol. I already knew they weren't glues during veg but def surprised that they weren't even photoperiods lol. This should be interesting..

One week progression, and the 2 autoflowers in the last pic.

20210116 204817
20210123 092223
20210123 092714
Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Looks great - only concern is your lights at at max height and you’ve got the fans in a spot where you can’t lower your lights below the fans without moving the fans. You’ll want to adjust your lights to the right height so that the PPFD is ideal for your growth stage.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Looks great - only concern is your lights at at max height and you’ve got the fans in a spot where you can’t lower your lights below the fans without moving the fans. You’ll want to adjust your lights to the right height so that the PPFD is ideal for your growth stage.
Yea the setup of the oscilating fans was a mistake on my part cuz I didn't realize it was going to be directly under the light until I was installing them lol. I just been dimming them rather than raising/lowering, theyre at 70% atm. Im counting on the stretch to put me at around 18inches from the light and by then they should be at 100% intensity. Next run the tent is probably getting ditched and then it'll be cleaner.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

So I politely ask, how does one run beneficials in rockwool while not having ph in the blocks swing up to 7.0?
Wow the garden is lookin THE bomb! They look super happy!!
I added my beneficials with a handwatering straight to the cubes...not in the res.
I think also depent on the type of inoculum and the carriers...so to be sure i did a trial on few blocks waited a week and then proceded to the others!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
For anyone just now checking in, I was applying bennies and hygrozyme in rockwool and did not have a fun time trying to control the ph. From the few rabbit holes I went down on the interwebs, lots of aquarium sites actually, I am fairly confident that it was the bennies that were raising my ph. After many failed adjustments I just decided to kill them off and go sterile. I am sure it was user error on my part because I know plenty of growers who run bennies successfully in rockwool. So I politely ask, how does one run beneficials in rockwool while not having ph in the blocks swing up to 7.0?

After much headache and even more help from some of the users on here (thanks a ton @Gleny88 @Dirtbag @Anthem @Aqua Man), the ph in my blocks are finally stable. They are going back to their normal feeding schedule and will probably be flipped in a week or so, putting them at what's looking like a 4 week veg.

On a funny side note, I got punished for not doing much vetting on where I was getting seeds. The entire tent is Original Glue fem seeds and I see what looks like 2 autos beginning to flower lol. I already knew they weren't glues during veg but def surprised that they weren't even photoperiods lol. This should be interesting..

One week progression, and the 2 autoflowers in the last pic.
Glad things are looking up! Shame about the genetics, they may have started flowering from the stress of the pH shifts too, i have seen that from plants before.

I suggest watching those plants very closely to make sure they stabilize and don't throw nanners etc.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Wow the garden is lookin THE bomb! They look super happy!!
I added my beneficials with a handwatering straight to the cubes...not in the res.
I think also depent on the type of inoculum and the carriers...so to be sure i did a trial on few blocks waited a week and then proceded to the others!
Yea I was thinking maybe I dosed it too often because it was in my res for the first 2 weeks of veg, might try just feeding it separately on a few plants along with an enzyme product.

Glad things are looking up! Shame about the genetics, they may have started flowering from the stress of the pH shifts too, i have seen that from plants before.

I suggest watching those plants very closely to make sure they stabilize and don't throw nanners etc.

Yea I did some reading and it was prob all the stress I put them through. Although one of them doesn't look anything like a glue structure-wise, which made me think it was a mistake from the breeder. Looks very sativa-ish so I don't know. Prob just gon flip the entire room a bit sooner to get everything on 12/12. I'll keep an eye out for anything funny, prob will post pics too to confirm if anything funky is goin on. Thanks for the suggestion.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Whats up ppl, just flipped the room 2 days ago. Seeing some weird leaf growth consistent on most of the plants. They're all gorilla glues which I have read can have some twisty leaves? I don't think that's what it is, so I chalked it up to maybe some heat/light stress.

Room was around 80F/60RH with plenty of air movement (no co2) and the light has been at 75% intensity for about a week. Dialed the light back to 65% intensity and lowered the set temp to 75F.

Any other thoughts of what this might be? Or anyone who has grown glue strains know what type of environment they thrive in? I find a lot of conflicting grow reports so would love to see some first hand insight from anyone who has ran GG.

20210129 123224
20210129 123230
20210129 123236
20210129 123244
Top Bottom