***** My Journey To 3 Michelin Leafs ******

• Thread starter Connor Sewer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

I ordered a grow closet from supercloset. Should be here on Wed. Ill be updating this thread with pics and stuff as more and more happens.

The seeds ill be growing are 2 GSC and 1 TahoeOG, both from Cali Connection.

Stay Tuned, more to come.

snoplow20

snoplow20

I ordered a grow closet from supercloset. Should be here on Wed. Ill be updating this thread with pics and stuff as more and more happens.

The seeds ill be growing are 2 GSC and 1 TahoeOG, both from Cali Connection.

Stay Tuned, more to come.
i bought one of them damn super closets as my first grow box. Paid over 2000 for it. It came with a kind light, small hydro system and a sample pack of technaflora nutes. I found it to be a waste of money. Switched to tents after my first couple grows. Now it sits empty in the corner of my basement. Plus i waited about 4 months to get it. And it had to be delivered via a freight truck. Not too practical for a home delivery. Tents are so much cheaper and more practical. Much more adaptable to different grow setups. I also found that the supplied filter and vent system is not adequite to clean the smell and keep humidity down. And the design of the cabinet doesnt really allow for changing the filter and fan out easily either. If you can cancel that order you might want to consider doing so. You could have a larger and better operating grow for less money with a tent. But hey, we all start somewhere and your starting exactly how i did. Ill be watching your thread. Good luck and good vibes bro. Happy farming.

snoplow20

snoplow20

Which model did you get. Maybe you got a better one then i did. I bought the smallest 2 chamber they made. One thing i didnt like it about it was it only had one door. And crappy foam tape to seal the chambers off from each other. Hermie heaven. Just asking for light leaks in your flower chamber. Ive seen some of there bigger boxes online. They might be designed better. I just cant believe there price tag. I added up everything that came with my supercloset. I calculated it too be around a grand. So i paid over 1000 for a flemsy metal cabinet about the size of a cheap small gun cabinet. But at that time i also didnt have much space too grow. Hell, i cant believe my mom even let me put a grow cab in her garage. Lol

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

i bought one of them damn super closets as my first grow box. Paid over 2000 for it. It came with a kind light, small hydro system and a sample pack of technaflora nutes. I found it to be a waste of money. Switched to tents after my first couple grows. Now it sits empty in the corner of my basement. Plus i waited about 4 months to get it. And it had to be delivered via a freight truck. Not too practical for a home delivery. Tents are so much cheaper and more practical. Much more adaptable to different grow setups. I also found that the supplied filter and vent system is not adequite to clean the smell and keep humidity down. And the design of the cabinet doesnt really allow for changing the filter and fan out easily either. If you can cancel that order you might want to consider doing so. You could have a larger and better operating grow for less money with a tent. But hey, we all start somewhere and your starting exactly how i did. Ill be watching your thread. Good luck and good vibes bro. Happy farming.

I got the superstar HPS soil grow cab https://supercloset.com/product/grow-cabinets/superstar-hps-soil-stealth-grow-boxes/. and only took a couple of weeks (i get it delivered on wed) I dont need anything big because im just growing for personal use. I didnt have to pay full price because a friend and I are going halfsies and they are having a special right now anyway. The cab I got is normally like 1700 bucks. I live in an APT, so while I did want a tent, If for some reason someone stumbled into my closet thats in my room, I dont want it to appear so obvious. So it looking like a gun cab. is perfect.

As far as smell, which is the most important thing for me considering I do live in an apt......they have dual carbon filter. And supposedly it isnt the cheap one they use for their bottom of the line cabinet. That uses a "slip on" type. Mine doesnt have the "slip on" type. Im also getting some gel things that come in a candle looking type of package that actually neutralizes smells along with another portable carbon air filter that i can turn on if needed. If i could make the whole closet carbon air filtered i would, lmao.

Anything else i should get smell related?

Last edited:
snoplow20

snoplow20

I got the superstar HPS soil grow cab https://supercloset.com/product/grow-cabinets/superstar-hps-soil-stealth-grow-boxes/. and only took a couple of weeks (i get it delivered on wed) I dont need anything big because im just growing for personal use. I didnt have to pay full price because a friend and I are going halfsies and they are having a special right now anyway. The cab I got is normally like 1700 bucks. I live in an APT, so while I did want a tent, If for some reason someone stumbled into my closet thats in my room, I dont want it to appear so obvious. So it looking like a gun cab. is perfect.

As far as smell, which is the most important thing for me considering I do live in an apt......they have dual carbon filter. And supposedly it isnt the cheap one they use for their bottom of the line cabinet. That uses a "slip on" type. Mine doesnt have the "slip on" type. Im also getting some gel things that come in a candle looking type of package that actually neutralizes smells along with another portable carbon air filter that i can turn on if needed. If i could make the whole closet carbon air filtered i would, lmao.

Anything else i should get smell related?
thats the same cab i bought just twice as wide with 2 filters. The worst part of it is gonna be the single door setup. You gonna want to make sure no light is leaking into the flower chamber from the veg chamber because it will ruin your crop. As far as smell goes. I have never used anything to scrub smell besides good carbon filters. Im sure the 2 filters will work better then the single in mine. Might want to think about low odor strain though. Anyways, im glad to hear you didnt have to wait 4 months like me. Like i said i will be checking in on the regular. I wish i could give you more insight into the smell neutralizing products that are on the market. I have no experience with them though.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

thats the same cab i bought just twice as wide with 2 filters. The worst part of it is gonna be the single door setup. You gonna want to make sure no light is leaking into the flower chamber from the veg chamber because it will ruin your crop. As far as smell goes. I have never used anything to scrub smell besides good carbon filters. Im sure the 2 filters will work better then the single in mine. Might want to think about low odor strain though. Anyways, im glad to hear you didnt have to wait 4 months like me. Like i said i will be checking in on the regular. I wish i could give you more insight into the smell neutralizing products that are on the market. I have no experience with them though.

How can i tell if light is leaking in the flower chamber? Cant i just unplug all of the lights that are used in the flowering chamber and not have to worry about it?

snoplow20

snoplow20

Your gonna have to keep negative pressure in it though to keep the smell from escaping unless they have changed the way you route cords into the box. Which is also another concern for light leaks. Mine has 2.5 inch or 3 inch pcv elbows that stick into holes cut into the box. Rubber collar for a seal. I guess as long as its in a dark closet that probably wont be too much of a worry.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

Do you mean not use the second chamber and only run the lights in the bottom chamber?

Yes. Im not having a big op so I prolly wont even use the top chamber most of the time. And yes its going into a dark closet. And ya, they have the elbows that are going to be on the back like you are talking about. As i said below...is that going to be where the neg pressure comes from?

@MW7945---they have a fan attached to the back of each carbon filter, which i would presume draws out the smell. This gonna be good enough?

MW7945

MW7945

Yes. Im not having a big op so I prolly wont even use the top chamber most of the time. And yes its going into a dark closet. And ya, they have the elbows that are going to be on the back like you are talking about. As i said below...is that going to be where the neg pressure comes from?

@MW7945---they have a fan attached to the back of each carbon filter, which i would presume draws out the smell. This gonna be good enough?

I mean it should. Most fans can quite easily move enough CFM for something that small. Your only worry is when the door is open.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

I mean it should. Most fans can quite easily move enough CFM for something that small. Your only worry is when the door is open.

na when the door is open thats when ill turn on the portable air filter im going to buy....you said air ionizer...ill look on amazon. preciate it pimp.

snoplow20

snoplow20

I will take pictures of the fan on mine and the filter. The fan is merely a computer cooling fan. Give me a few minutes and i will snap some.

MW7945

MW7945

I will take pictures of the fan on mine and the filter. The fan is merely a computer cooling fan. Give me a few minutes and i will snap some.

oh... a regular 120mm fan is usually something like 40-50 CFM. So I guess two of them would be 80-100. Not that bad for the space. My worry would be how badly that CFM gets lowered from the filter/negative pressure

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

Ya Ill deff be upgrading once I get to a place where I can. Im just tired of buying and i dont trust anything to not be tainted.

Ya those are the fans ill be getting, one on each filter. And I dont have the sock filter, I have actual carbon filters....that was the difference i was talking about earlier.

What kind of yield did you get when you used it? Im putting 3 plants in mine. Its rated for 4. And I think im changing the strain to Northern Lights for my first grow. Im too paranoid about smell this very first time and ive read its relatively low odor.

3 Northern Lights from Southern Oregon Seeds. Made by them too.

Top Bottom