my lady is ripening 20 days early....normal??

• Thread starter toolhead12052
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
toolhead12052

toolhead12052

What might make my girl ripen 20 days early?

they are about 45 days into flower as of today...

i give the following nuts...
Dutchmaster Gold Flower A&B
Humbolt-Snow Storm
Humbolt-Gravity
Humbolt-Crystal Burst

All of the flowers pistols are already turning that bright firey orange color...is this normal this soon? I did change a few things from my grows in the past. I had a friend give me a gallon of water with age old kelp in it (1tsp kelp/gallon water). Plus i also had to switch from the dutchmaster advance to the dutchmaster gold flowering nuts in the middle of my flower period...did i do something to wrong to cause this early signs of ripening????

sky high

sky high

How long have you been feeding them the "Humboldt" products?

Because you are 3 weeks out but are already seeing/reporting the effects of these products here....

I'm gonna take a wild guess :rolleyes: and say that it's the PGR's and other unknowns in these products/the combo of these products used far too early (or being used AT ALL) that has fried the curcuits in yer plants and told them "finish NOW".

Take those 3 products out and I'd wager your grow/flower period will return to normal.

s h

toolhead12052

toolhead12052

How long have you been feeding them the "Humboldt" products?

Because you are 3 weeks out but are already seeing/reporting the effects of these products here....

I'm gonna take a wild guess :rolleyes: and say that it's the PGR's and other unknowns in these products/the combo of these products used far too early (or being used AT ALL) that has fried the curcuits in yer plants and told them "finish NOW".

Take those 3 products out and I'd wager your grow/flower period will return to normal.

s h

I began giving the...
'crystal burst'( after my flowers began to appear & have been using it ever since at 1tsp (5ml) per gallon
'gravity' i began around the 4th week of my flower cycle (about a couple weeks ago) @ 1/2ml per gallon
'snow storm' began around week 2 of flower @ 1/2 tsp (2 1/2 ml) per gallon til 4th week than upped to 1tsp (5ml) per gallon...(Directions say though to begin application during the vegetative stage & to use all the way through to harvest)

I did run out of the dutch master flower a&b for 2 days and used miracle grow during the 2 days i was out of dutchmaster...

sky high

sky high

With all of those Humboldt products in the mix,,,,, I'm gonna guess the MG overdosed em... causing the pistls to fry.

they may try to return to "normal" if you let em go and stop hittin em with the "magic" formulas/flush them out.../etc....

good luck

s h

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thats alot of harmful chemicals your feeding your plants, then smoking. Now salts like 'potassium phosphate' are considered 'chemicals' but they are proven to do no harm, some of those products you use are known to cause cancer in some cases. Its not my place to tell people how to grow, but can I offer you an alternative to those PGR's?? Top and train your plants, Gravity is used to keep the plants bushy and increase yield, well you can do this by simply training your plants. I'm sure you know how to do this, just to let you know, I'm not trying to start an argument or talk shit, I'm sure you can get the same yields without the PGR's and you will be more satisfied with your product and yourself once you stop using them and start training your plants, good luck bro.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
What might make my girl ripen 20 days early?

they are about 45 days into flower as of today...

i give the following nuts...
Dutchmaster Gold Flower A&B
Humbolt-Snow Storm
Humbolt-Gravity
Humbolt-Crystal Burst

All of the flowers pistols are already turning that bright firey orange color...is this normal this soon? I did change a few things from my grows in the past. I had a friend give me a gallon of water with age old kelp in it (1tsp kelp/gallon water). Plus i also had to switch from the dutchmaster advance to the dutchmaster gold flowering nuts in the middle of my flower period...did i do something to wrong to cause this early signs of ripening????

Did you get this all sorted chica? I need to talk to you later on so hit me up.

sedate

sedate

toolhead said:
'gravity' i began around the 4th week of my flower cycle (about a couple weeks ago) @ 1/2ml per gallon
'snow storm' began around week 2 of flower @ 1/2 tsp (2 1/2 ml) per gallon til 4th week than upped to 1tsp (5ml) per gallon...(Directions say though to begin application during the vegetative stage & to use all the way through to harvest)

I think you are fine on the Crystal Burst and the Snow Storm - I do not believe either of those contain pgr's like Gravity - which is where this is coming from.

Your triple dipping of P additives notwithstanding, this is not a base-nutes issue.

Week 4 is wayy to early to use HCO's Gravity - I don't care what the label says the proper use of Gravity is like a week before flushing starts - but well after budset - like end of week 6 at the earliest.

Sky High said:
they may try to return to "normal" if you let em go and stop hittin em with the "magic" formulas/flush them out.../etc....

I seriously doubt it Sky - the paclobutrazol dose in gravity is pretty fucking high compared to Bushmaster . . . methinks they are done given the dosages the OP has described.

Anyway - mis-using Gravity like that has probably more or less finished your plants - I'd imagine you'd be best off pulling what you have for whatever it's worth and restarting your cycle.

Careful with Gravity - it's great stuff if used properly - but people rarely do.

lex said:
but can I offer you an alternative to those PGR's?? Top and train your plants, Gravity is used to keep the plants bushy and increase yield, well you can do this by simply training your plants.

And how do you know he isn't training his plants?

Top and train provides equivalent yield to Gravity? What? Why is a chemical finisher and a pruning technique somehow mutually exclusive?

Any proper grow will have trained and topped plants - and this certainly dovetails well with a potent PGR like Gravity.

lex said:
I'm sure you can get the same yields without the PGR's and you will be more satisfied with your product and yourself once you stop using them and start training your plants

The OP will be more satisfied with his product because you approve of his additive choices?

lex said:
Thats alot of harmful chemicals your feeding your plants, then smoking

lex said:
Now salts like 'potassium phosphate' are considered 'chemicals' but they are proven to do no harm, some of those products you use are known to cause cancer in some cases.

No, HCO products do not contain a single known carcinogen, whatever your misunderstandings regarding paclobutrazol.

Here, since you are clearly are on some holy quest against PGR's you do not understand - have a read and a dose of enlightenment:

Note at oral doses of 1500mg/kg of body weight liver damage was induced in rats. Larger mammals had no appreciable decline in liver function. There is exactly ZERO onocological effects related to the use of paclobutrazol.

The idea that paclobutrazol, metabolized through a plant, and then dried and smoked (with all the myriad and countless attendant chemical changes these actions entail) will somehow transmit a body-alterting chemical is just stupid - particularly when that plant MIGHT metabolize 25 or 50mg of paclobutrazol over the course of the finish/flush and a solid 1000 - day over day over day - would be needed to induce liver damage. IN RATS.

Seriously - one would ingest way more poison eating a tomato out of the Wal-Mart produce section.

sedate

sedate

sedate said:
Here, since you are clearly are on some holy quest against PGR's you do not understand - have a read and a dose of enlightenment

^^^Hey I just re-read that I really sound like a cock.

I could have constructed that reply with a bit less assholerly.

I thought you were fucking with me about Gravity in another thread lex - it was someone else - so I tripped out a bit.

Sorry about the "Here, since you are clearly are on some holy quest against PGR's you do not understand - have a read and a dose of enlightenment" quip.

I'd take it out of the post but I can't edit it for some reason.

I do stand-by my main point though - for being so effective and really quite safe by any objective standard, the stuff really gets pointlessly demonized all over the place.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

^^^Hey I just re-read that I really sound like a cock.

I could have constructed that reply with a bit less assholerly.

I thought you were fucking with me about Gravity in another thread lex - it was someone else - so I tripped out a bit.

Sorry about the "Here, since you are clearly are on some holy quest against PGR's you do not understand - have a read and a dose of enlightenment" quip.

I'd take it out of the post but I can't edit it for some reason.

I do stand-by my main point though - for being so effective and really quite safe by any objective standard, the stuff really gets pointlessly demonized all over the place.

Its cool, I never researched PGR's and I took the word from multiple people that its a harmful chemical. I was just trying to help him out and give him confidence that he could do it without PGR's because I really thought they were harmful to humans. When you said "holy quest against PGR's" I thought, "what the fuck is he talking about" LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom