My leaves look like tornadoes man

• Thread starter PpmOver9000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Hello.
The plants pictured below are gorilla glue.
They are in day 3 of flower 12/12
I am growing in rockwool under LEDs
They are receiving 23k lux and 520par
My feed is at 5.7ph/1.4ec
My room is sitting at 79F/60RH day cycle
My room is sitting at 72F/55RRH night cycle

I had a ph issue for a while and have since stabilized it.
When I take a sample of the root zone via syringe, the average reading is 6.0ph/1.1ec

I attributed the leaf twist to ph fluctuations during the time I was fixing it, but since that has been stabilized I am curious as to why I am still seeing this tornado leaf on the newer growth.

My leaves look like tornadoes man
My leaves look like tornadoes man 2
My leaves look like tornadoes man 3
PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Drop your RH about 10%. Mine were doing the same thing until I got the environment happier. I run at 82F/50% RH during lights on. Keeps the VPD at ~1.5kPa
Fantastic. Through my searches before posting this thread, that is the same adjustment I wanted to make so nice to hear from someone who had similar issues.
Question though, are you running CO2 with those numbers?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Fantastic. Through my searches before posting this thread, that is the same adjustment I wanted to make so nice to hear from someone who had similar issues.
Question though, are you running CO2 with those numbers?
Fuck, I wish. I'd be really killing it if I were. Unfortunately, my configuration is fully vented, so I'm not eager to waste the CO2. Whatever CO2 the girls get is what I breathe while working in the room the tent's in all day.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Fuck, I wish. I'd be really killing it if I were. Unfortunately, my configuration is fully vented, so I'm not eager to waste the CO2. Whatever CO2 the girls get is what I breathe while working in the room the tent's in all day.
I am also vented, good to hear. I'll be going with this adjustment for tomorrows day cycle, thanks for the input tobh.
I try to do as much cardio as possible when i am the vicinity of my tent.
My goal is to lose weight while my plants gain weight.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Gon bump this thread cuz i found something going on with the ph inside my cubes just now and can't really find another thread with similar symptoms.

The ph took a nose dive inside my cubes (which i havent checked in 2 days cuz it was stable). My feed going in is 5.7ph/1.6ec and i tested a few cubes at 4.2ph/1.1ec

It was sitting at 5.9ph just 2 days ago, not sure if this is a red flag of something bad like root rot. Now I am thinking the plants looking slightly off these past 2 days is cuz of the very acidic root zone. They were flipped to 12/12 3 days ago which is the last time everything seemed okay.

Typically I will see one go up and the other go down or both stay the same. But never seen a combination of both numbers going down? Any ideas on what this could be?

jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
Hello.
The plants pictured below are gorilla glue.
They are in day 3 of flower 12/12
I am growing in rockwool under LEDs
They are receiving 23k lux and 520par
My feed is at 5.7ph/1.4ec
My room is sitting at 79F/60RH day cycle
My room is sitting at 72F/55RRH night cycle

I had a ph issue for a while and have since stabilized it.
When I take a sample of the root zone via syringe, the average reading is 6.0ph/1.1ec

I attributed the leaf twist to ph fluctuations during the time I was fixing it, but since that has been stabilized I am curious as to why I am still seeing this tornado leaf on the newer growth.
i got that when my hormones were juiced to much of some thing

DAGAR

DAGAR

Gon bump this thread cuz i found something going on with the ph inside my cubes just now and can't really find another thread with similar symptoms.

The ph took a nose dive inside my cubes (which i havent checked in 2 days cuz it was stable). My feed going in is 5.7ph/1.6ec and i tested a few cubes at 4.2ph/1.1ec

It was sitting at 5.9ph just 2 days ago, not sure if this is a red flag of something bad like root rot. Now I am thinking the plants looking slightly off these past 2 days is cuz of the very acidic root zone. They were flipped to 12/12 3 days ago which is the last time everything seemed okay.

Typically I will see one go up and the other go down or both stay the same. But never seen a combination of both numbers going down? Any ideas on what this could be?
By any chance do you have any algae growing on the tops of your cubes?

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Light stress, looks like a touch of magnesium would also help... mag only NOT cal/mag.
Might try foliar an epsom salt mix on a few plants and already dialed back the light, you are second person to say Mag. Do you attribute Mag to the leaf shape or are you looking at the color of the leaf?

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

By any chance do you have any algae growing on the tops of your cubes?
Yes a bit but I run h202 periodically so it dies off, a lot of the tops of the cubes are just brownish now from the dead algae.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

I attributed the randomly low ph due to too big of a dryback between irrigations. Increased my irrigation times and things seem to be back to normal on that front.

As to the leaf issues I still feel like Frank Ocean cuz tornadoes are still flying through my room.
Adjustments so far: dialed back my light intensity, lowered temps and rh to 78F/55RH

Foliared 2 plants with 1g epsom salt in a gallon of RO water, they seemed to look worse a few hours later?

I keep coming back to something environment related, they don't seem to be transpiring properly. The leaves feel dry like they're dehydrated. Is there any chance this is at all related to my irrigation schedule? Maybe I kept the blocks too dry and they simply just needed more food?

Hard to convey in a forum post what my watering is like, but as reference I am seeing very little runoff throughout the day. Just a little dribble around midday. I increased my irrigation times as mentioned above, so gon try to just have more runoff and see if things balance out.

The ec in the blocks is always consistently lower than my input but the last time I tried to just increase the strength of my feed I started to see some burnt tips.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

How often are you watering them? Are they getting proper dryback?
shit read my mind. blocks are always pretty light until midday. But I noticed today that some of the plants I flushed and didnt water them for 24 hours shot down to 3.5ph, while the ones that were on the normal schedule were around 5.4. So I just decided to increase the irrigation length for each feed.

Typically if I saw any buildup, the EC would rise and the PH would drop, however I am seeing both of them dropping. Not sure what this is typically a sign of. Im guessing it's something simple that I am missing, like environment or my feeding habits.

Last edited:
Top Bottom