My Light Timer Malfunctioned And Turned On In Flower

• Thread starter Lbgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lbgrower

Lbgrower

hey im just wondering if anyone out there has had this happen and what the outcome was?? If anything did change?

Week 3 halfway through to week 4 flower... ive had my timer malfunction twice until I replaced it. It flipped on the first time a half hour too early. Then last night two hours before the lights we're supposed to be on. Then they triggered a total of three times bc I tried to adjust the timer back.... oooops

I've had a strain throw one hermie flower before... do I need to be checking for the signs of male flowers or are they already changed into flowering and it's all good?

Please any knowledge is appreciated

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

That happened to me once too man, during early flower. Not sure how long before i caught it but made a orange phosphate and emerald jack hermie, my strawberry blue was fine though. Id keep an eye open.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

That happened to me once too man, during early flower. Not sure how long before i caught it but made a orange phosphate and emerald jack hermie, my strawberry blue was fine though. Id keep an eye open.

I've heard it has more to do with genetics than anything. Man sucks

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

That happened to me once too man, during early flower. Not sure how long before i caught it but made a orange phosphate and emerald jack hermie, my strawberry blue fine though. Id keep an eye open.
up
When it happend to you was is a branch that hermed out or the whole plant? I've had a plant that threw out only one branch male flowerpp

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

I've heard it has more to do with genetics than anything. Man sucks
That very well could be true man. Different strains can handle different amounts/types of stress.
up
When it happend to you was is a branch that hermed out or the whole plant? I've had a plant that threw out only one branch male flowerpp
It was basically the whole plant, there were little seed pods like male preflowers all over in between the nodes, you couldnt miss it, the jack was a fem bean and the phosphate a reg. The strawberry blue was a fem also and she acted like nothing happened.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

That very well could be true man. Different strains can handle different amounts/types of stress.

It was basically the whole plant, there were little seed pods like male preflowers all over in between the nodes, you couldnt miss it, the jack was a fem bean and the phosphate a reg. The strawberry blue was a fem also and she acted like nothing happened.

My god!!!!

Hey man thanks for the reply. I hope for my sake it wasn't too bad for them. My bulbs hadn't even warmed up all the way by the time I caught them. But man what a disaster this will be if all my bud sites start throwing males.

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

My god!!!!

Hey man thanks for the reply. I hope for my sake it wasn't too bad for them. My bulbs hadn't even warmed up all the way by the time I caught them. But man what a disaster this will be if all my bud sites start throwing males.
Yea it made for a sad day man, but i think mine was a little more extreme of a case, like i said i really didnt know how long or what was happening with the timer, i think it wasnt shutting off at all and it gave them 24 hrs of light for maybe a week and then when i figured it out, got a new timer and put it back on 12/12 thats when they hermied. Now im not 100% sure thats what happened but thats what i believe. It was my 3rd indoor grow and i was still a big time noob lol.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Yea it made for a sad day man, but i think mine was a little more extreme of a case, like i said i really didnt know how long or what was happening with the timer, i think it wasnt shutting off at all and it gave them 24 hrs of light for maybe a week and then when i figured it out, got a new timer and put it back on 12/12 thats when they hermied. Now im not 100% sure thats what happened but thats what i believe. It was my 3rd indoor grow and i was still a big time noob lol.

Cool brotha!! thanks will post in here what happens. My plan is to inspect them the best I can n make sure nothing else goes wrong with the timer.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Well looking through my garden I found two small branches that have male flower. Really pre mature so I removed them.

Going to be keeping my eyes open for those bananas

Latest posts

Top Bottom