My lights

• Thread starter budnuggs420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budnuggs420

Right now for lights I am using 1 300watt cfl over 5 plants in veg and it seems to be working well... So I plan on getting like 3 or 4 more of them for my first crop..... Does anyone have an pointers or tips about something I might be doing wrong ....Please get back to me if so...Thanks:RastaBong:

B

BongToker

it sounds like you got it, i would suggest looking into getting an HID light to finish them up under instead of the few more floros you were thinking about.. floro are great to veg under but flowering plants like more intense light and i would think they are just not going to put on the weight that they would.. hope this helps out

B

budnuggs420

Thanks man that's definitely something i needed to know...

devious d

devious d

yea i would have to agree with bong toker, i use the cfls myself in veg, i have a couple of the red ones in my flower room but only as side lighting, im not sure were your growing but i would suggest a 600w hps, unless your in a cupboard and will have heat problems ? then may be a 400w. ive never seen a grow with just cfl,s for flowering, with tubes(T8) yes, and decent results. You could get a hps with digi ballast for half the cost of 4-5 cfls. i did start flowering1 plant under a 250w cfl when i had a tented off area(rest vegging)and had to keep temp down, started ok but went onto hps once id vegged the rest for 3weeks, but started better than i expected but you can have the light almost touching.

B

budnuggs420

ill be posting pictures soon so you fellow farmers can see what im working with here

Top Bottom