My Local Water Quality Report -tailor My Nutrient Recipe

• Thread starter Samoan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Samoan

Samoan

This is a report of my water quality
I would really like to continue useing my tap water to feed my garden. I really want to tailor my Canna A and B and any other nutrient recipe to my water quality. I don't really know much about chemistry but it's never too late too learn...and I will do anything for the benefit of us
Any advice will be much appreciated.

My local water quality report  tailor my nutrient recipe
Smerb

Smerb

This is a report of my water quality
I would really like to continue useing my tap water to feed my garden. I really want to tailor my Canna A and B and any other nutrient recipe to my water quality. I don't really know much about chemistry but it's never too late too learn...and I will do anything for the benefit of us
Any advice will be much appreciated.
Nice test sample. Are you able to use a small filter to get a cleaner sample and send that in? That will help you see what's high and low with the filtered/tap water.... 17$ RV filter will do just fine. Taylor after.

Samoan

Samoan

Nice test sample. Are you able to use a small filter to get a cleaner sample and send that in? That will help you see what's high and low with the filtered/tap water.... 17$ RV filter will do just fine. Taylor after.

Mahalo for your advice!

-Doesn't feel good mixing plant nutrients not knowing exactly what's in there!

I will get RV the filter for a cleaner sample.

Do people normally send samples of there water for analysis to there Local Water Company?

Smerb

Smerb

Mahalo for your advice!

Do people normally send samples of there water for analysis to there Local Water Company?
Yes it's something a smart grower would do. A pool supply store can do a quick test on your water. Our tap has alot of chlorine, so much you can smell it. But with the filter it's clean as can be.

Samoan

Samoan

Yes it's something a smart grower would do. A pool supply store can do a quick test on your water. Our tap has alot of chlorine, so much you can smell it. But with the filter it's clean as can be.
Ok, cool. Yes, definitely going to get it my what tested. At times I think I can smell chlorine in the water here, usually more so when it comes from the hose leading me to believe that the quality of the water from my outside hose could possibly differ from my the quality of the water from my sink faucet or bath tub. -I tested them both and the meters read the same

Smerb

Smerb

Ok, cool. Yes, definitely going to get it my what tested. At times I think I can smell chlorine in the water here, usually more so when it comes from the hose leading me to believe that the quality of the water from my outside hose could possibly differ from my the quality of the water from my sink faucet or bath tub. -I tested them both and the meters read the same
Hose water is usually straight from the pipe, no filter. By the time it goes through your house it's filtered only a little. You can smell it, I can. Grab that filter.

P

Pimples

Mahalo for your advice!

Not many growers i know take it that far but they should. Especially if its a small town municipal source and your the only grower around. With a true water quality test report you can really tailor a nutrient formula for exactly the solution you need to mix up. Here in my area its a consistent 0.2 EC or 110 ppm on the Hannah 500 conversion scale and 7.4 - 7.7 pH. That 110 ppm is largely cal amd mag carbonates with a smidge of iron. Probably chloromines and fluorides as well but i do not know if these and other chemicals/minerals are measured or register with a simple EC/TDS meter. I used to live in Flint (Clio now...different water thank God) and I remember when NO ONE knew or said anything about the water quality when the City first switched from the Detroit pipeline (for 60+ years) and got the bright idea to pull it from the Flint River to save some cash....people were just beginning to bitch in the news and Flint Journal about the brownish water and swampy taste. My grow operation was in town on this water at the time and I remember making up my tanks as usual one day and my Bluelab meter went from the ususal 110 ppm to a whopping 300+ ppm. I was like wtf? Thought my trusty meter was acting wonky and then it dawned on me about the news headlines saying they changed to Flint River water. I moved to a small town (Clio) just outside Flint and away from its nasty water idea shortly afterwards. But yes....water quality report is a very smart move for any indoor grower wanting to start out in the right direction as to watering and feeding thier crops.

Last edited:
Nugteq

Nugteq

Not many growers i know take it that far but they should. Especially if its a small town municipal source and your the only grower around. With a true water quality test report you can really tailor a nutrient formula for exactly the solution you need to mix up. Here in my area its a consistent 0.2 EC or 110 ppm on the Hannah 500 conversion scale and 7.4 - 7.7 pH. That 110 ppm is largely cal amd mag carbonates with a smidge of iron. Probably chloromines and fluorides as well but i do not know if these and other chemicals/minerals are measured or register with a simple EC/TDS meter. I used to live in Flint (Clio now...different water thank God) and I remember when NO ONE knew or said anything about the water quality when the City first switched from the Detroit pipeline (for 60+ years) and got the bright idea to pull it from the Flint River to save some cash....people were just beginning to bitch in the news and Flint Journal about the brownish water and swampy taste. My grow operation was in town on this water at the time and I remember making up my tanks as usual one day and my Bluelab meter went from the ususal 110 ppm to a whopping 300+ ppm. I was like wtf? Thought my trusty meter was acting wonky and then it dawned on me about the news headlines saying they changed to Flint River water. I moved to a small town (Clio) just outside Flint and away from its nasty water idea shortly afterwards. But yes....water quality report is a very smart move for any indoor grower wanting to start out in the right direction as to watering and feeding thier crops.
Thst Flint scandal is a huge lesson in history of city political corruption motivated by greed

P

Pimples

Thst Flint scandal is a huge lesson in history of city political corruption motivated by greed
Yes. And on the grower side of things..there are A TON of cannabis growers in this area and a great many of them are just chugging along and using that nasty lead tainted water. Not all of em...many a filter has been sold at the hydro shops but alot of shady growers dont care or think its not going to affect the end product...the buds. Its why i grow my own and provide as much as i can to my patients. Clean product. As much as i can at least. I grow organically outside and use no crazy pesticide or fungicides indoors. Processed mineral nutrients contain trace amounts of nasties as does most municipal water supplies but its negligible (unless you live in towns like Flint). Cannabis or hemp being a well known toxic pollutant accumulator...i just know some of the smoke going around has more lead in it than it should. I prettt much only smoke my own or my small network of growers gear who I trust and arent playing around with the medicine they provide. Its a slow process in Flint but its getting rectified actually. Whole new water pipe networks amd service lines being installed throughout the City. Still not smoking someones bud or product that I dont know about. Sorry if i derailed the thread....carry on.

Last edited:
Nugteq

Nugteq

Yes. And on the grower side of things..there are A TON of cannabis growers in this area and a great many of them are just chugging along and using that nasty lead tainted water. Not all of em...many a filter has been sold at the hydro shops but alot of shady growers dont care or think its not going to affect the end product...the buds. Its why i grow my own and provide as much as i can to my patients. Clean product. As much as i can at least. I grow organically outside and use no crazy pesticide or fungicides indoors. Processed mineral nutrients contain trace amounts of nasties as does most municipal water supplies but its negligible (unless you live in towns like Flint). Cannabis or hemp being a well known toxic pollutant accumulator...i just know some of the smoke going around has more lead in it than it should. I prettt much only smoke my own or my small network of growers gear who I trust and arent playing around with the medicine they provide. Its a slow process in Flint but its getting rectified actually. Whole new water pipe networks amd service lines being installed throughout the City. Still not smoking someones bud or product that I dont know about. Sorry if i derailed the thread....carry on.
No for real it is a very messed up situation. Lead in water. Massive project to fix these corrupt a holes work...city wide lawsuit I heard..

Top Bottom