my method for making bubble hash

• Thread starter carBon.14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
carBon.14

carBon.14

been playing around with making bubble hash a fair bit over the past year or three. thought i'd share my method. it's nothing revolutionary, but i like it.

gear

custom made tetrahedral (“pyramid”) 200mc mesh bags with a zip on one side, 10” x 10” x 10”. Can find material easily online and get girlfriend or seamstress to sew together.

- bubble bags (set of 3), I only use the smallest mesh size, the other 2 are redundant. can't remember the brand I have, but most are more or less the same.
- several 10 gallon bins
- power drill with paint mixer
- cloth lined rubber gloves
- patience

method

1. put dry sugar leaf (don't even bother with wet leaf, it's too much hassle for the effort) in the bin with ice and water

2. smash with paint mixer until foam forms (1 - 2mins)

3. put a sizable amount of wet smashed sugar leaf in the bag. don’t over fill. it will be uber cold so easier to use gloves for this bit.

4. put this in a new bin and squeeze out water. you might want to kneed it a little or re-smash the same stuff depending on how thorough you want to be. i re-smash and strain the sugar leaf 4 times. some of my friends do it up to 13 times, but after 4 times you reach diminishing returns, the hash gets more green as more leaf particles inevitably get through the pyramid bags, and the amount collected gets smaller.

5. the 200mc size mesh lets through trike tops and retains leaf, you will end up with brown liquid free of leaf particles

6. stretch the bubble bag over a new bucket and pure the liquid in. Shake bag vigorously and squeeze until all the water is strained through. this water gets chucked out, as it is now free of bubble hash and just contains phenolics etc. that give it its characteristic brown color. the bubble hash is the grey / green sediment left in the bag.

7. scrape off with a spoon and put in the fridge until the job is done with all the leaf.

8. when you have your finished pile of greyish green wet bubble hash combine together all in one lot and put in the bubble bag for one final squeeze to get out any remaining water. (from one harvest i usually get a fist sized chunk of this stuff that dries to about 3.75oz of hash)

9. smear onto plates as thin as possible and dry under a fan. this stuff will go sour very quickly in the wet state, so you need to dry super quick. the sediment will be like course sand when dry.

10. [optional step] now it’s ready to grind into powder with a coffee grinder, then gently heat and massage into balls or little hash soldiers

enjoy :)

Top Bottom