My MH light starts then shuts off???

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

Just switched lights from hps to mh and the light starts then about 3 sec later it shuts off...Just won't stay lit?????
I have a quantum ballast with 1000watt blue hortilux MH.

I had this problem before but it started back up.

Any suggestions?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
couple things i would check first...is the bulb old? is the buld screwed in tight? did you unplug and reset the ballast? other than that is it on 240? cause a leg can be dead and still send power to the ballast?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
good chance the bulb has a bad connection..if not i would b throwing that hps in to see if it is ok...if it fires ok , it could b some kind of issue with the ignighter

buddahslave

buddahslave

Make sure your ballast is set to 110 volt and not 220 volt also check the amount of power that is allowed on your main box, if you have an old house the power might be 100 amps, or if its an apartment you will only have 40 amps max, need to trouble shoot a few more things. How many lights are you running and is it only that one ballast that does that. Need a little more info to help with your problem.

cannabeans

cannabeans

I think that it has to do with the frequency of the digital ballast. I had purchased the hortilux blue and she would blow out faster than ever before with the digital ballast. I switched back to a magnetic ballast and didnt have a problem after that.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
I think that it has to do with the frequency of the digital ballast. I had purchased the hortilux blue and she would blow out faster than ever before with the digital ballast. I switched back to a magnetic ballast and didnt have a problem after that.
i was told by a sparky, that matching frequency with the digis is very important....mags are all set to a ansi frequency,,and digis can vary from maker to maker....now this is just hearsay until a pro chimes in ,,,but it sounds rite to me :)

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
ansi specs is what i think he called it o_O

juggernaut

juggernaut

The bulbs are only 6 months old so I'll call the dealer. I have another 1000watt hortilux blue but i'm to afraid to put it in.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
The bulbs are only 6 months old so I'll call the dealer. I have another 1000watt hortilux blue but i'm to afraid to put it in.
give m a call and see whats up....deffective products do make it to the shelf some times....i had a digi ballast burn up the first day i had it on 240o_O

Top Bottom