• Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Today's pics
IMG 20200718 204524023
IMG 20200718 203041514

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

what i do not understand is i had a gallon of well water and the ph was reading 5.9 i put a lil ph up in it and it went to 6.5 watered the second plant first
when i went to water the plant in the first pic the ph up was reading 9 so i added ph down and got it down to 6.8 i dont understand what happen to the gallon of water in that short of time do i need to ad ph up and down and then wait 10 mins before i check it ?
What are you using to read your pH?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

a digital ph meter that is the only time i got a reading like that so i must of done something wrong

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

a digital ph meter that is the only time i got a reading like that so i must of done something wrong
I had to buy a regular pH test kit to test my pH. The meters sucked and I researched it most aren’t reliable. The good digital meters are $100.00 and over. Then you have to make sure you maintain them with the calibration solutions, which cost extra. Keep me posted.

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

I had to buy a regular pH test kit to test my pH. The meters sucked and I researched it most aren’t reliable. The good digital meters are $100.00 and over. Then you have to make sure you maintain them with the calibration solutions, which cost extra. Keep me posted.
You didn’t do it! It’s the pH meter!!! probably!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Do you leave your pot in tote with run off in the tote .?

Lot of focus on this around here. Not sure why?

If i have a deficient or overfed plant then i remove runoff immedietely but for a healthy plant with good runoff numbers i will leave the solution in the tray for the plant to drink a while if im not in a hurry.

Why waste the nutrients?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

in one of my plants the runoff ppm is like 500 points higher then the run off going in i do not understand that either

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Lot of focus on this around here. Not sure why?

If i have a deficient or overfed plant then i remove runoff immedietely but for a healthy plant with good runoff numbers i will leave the solution in the tray for the plant to drink a while if im not in a hurry.

Why waste the nutrients?
I always look there first sorry if im a bit late to the party if topic has already been discussed, my bad . Od

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

in one of my plants the runoff ppm is like 500 points higher then the run off going in i do not understand that either

Usually means that there is nute buildup or if ammended soil still original nutes left in there and they didnt need to be fertilized.

But these measurements are meant to be to meter trends over time. One pour through may not be accurate.

A slurry test with a soil test kit is much more accurate for a one time test.

I never use them. I just record my input and runoff every time to see whats happening.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Huh? Im honestly asking why raising the pots up off the tray is a big deal? I have read it plenty but never worried about it.
It’s just the way I’ve been taught in nursery ive worked in I think it’s to do with if roots of plant are left in water without air it can cause issues I can see that using pot risers or totes with tray set up will elevate it enough for that to happen , I agree with you on good run off being ok to let plant drink up I do that but have risers in my trays to add the air around the root area

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It’s just the way I’ve been taught in nursery ive worked in I think it’s to do with if roots of plant are left in water without air it can cause issues I can see that using pot risers or totes with tray set up will elevate it enough for that to happen , I agree with you on good run off being ok to let plant drink up I do that but have risers in my trays to add the air around the root area

Makes sense. Especially in a nursery where the runoff may remain for too long with all the plants.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

these plants are 6 to 7 weeks old they have been on 1/12 for at least 4 weeks about a week ago they started to show there sex shouldn't they be flowering by now ?

chemistry

chemistry

these plants are 6 to 7 weeks old they have been on 1/12 for at least 4 weeks about a week ago they started to show there sex shouldn't they be flowering by now ?

Get them on 12/12 for flower. What medium are you using?

Top Bottom