my mission to kill mites

• Thread starter jdubz206
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jdubz206

as some of you may know, i lost my entire garden due to mites. i got all of the green plants out a week ago. i still have a couple of dead plants i need to remove. just been so busy lately with work. i'm taking care of that this weekend. also, the pots that the plants were in are getting tossed too. this was my first experience with mites and i want to make sure they aren't hanging around somewhere as i'm about to start, completely fresh from seed. i may be getting some pest free clones too. anyways, i want to bomb the shit out of my rooms. what do you guys recommend? dr. doom? i could even go heavy duty and grab some of the hot shot foggers. i don't care at this point because there's nothing green down there anyways. i'm afraid the hot shot bombs don't have the right shit to kill mites. what do you guys recommend i do? all of my light hoods and the few trays and buckets i'm saving will be soaked in bleach and washed thoroughly under hot water. any other suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated. thanks everyone!!!

j

R

Rolln J

I cleaned my room totally like you said - bleached and/or powerwashed everything I could remove top to bottom. Then I ran my lights as normal for 2 weeks... any eggs left will hatch and theres nothing to eat so they just die...

G

GroHi

Can eggs remain for a while... kinda like moisture resistant cysts? Heard this, don't have a clue...

R

Rolln J

I just know this worked for me and for a friend who I told to try it - maybe I cleaned my gear/room that good - but I havent had mites in over a year now.

I was told by a commercial grower to try this, he said if you leave the light on all the eggs will hatch out...

G

GroHi

Interesting... always wondered if they had a stealth way of sticking around an unreasonably long time...

Jbudz... real sorry to hear about the loss... feel for you. Green vibes on this run!

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
my mission to kill spidermites ended when i found a bottle of floramite:fighting0040:

G

GroHi

you think that might work as a soil drench for a type of soil mite? got one i can't shake...

S

sunsimulator

Lil bastards !!

You know how the say dynamite comes in small packages ?
BOY they weren't lying ! lol .

This is a link i grabbed for ya hope it helps , and i also have a way i do it also .

http://www.naturescontrol.com/mite.html

that is one link with much great info about the mites,

Myself i use alcohol and water mixture ,, and i also use a
mixture of Einstein Oil and alcohol ,, I will add about 3.5 tablespoons of oil to 1.5 tablespoons of alcohol then add 1 gallon of warm water about 105 deg f to 115f INTO A PUMP SPRAYER . This will allow the oil to break down and mix with the water , next MOST IMPORTANT TRICK .. SHAKE THE MIXTURE VIGROUSLY
SPRAY THE TOPS AND BOTTOMS OF THE PLANTS >
KEEP SHAKING THE MIXTURE ABOUT EVERY 10 SECS!!!!!!! ( to keep the oil mixed into the water ) spray and shake spray and shake !! NOW after the plants are dry and if the leaves are not shining with a full coat of oil all over the leaves ,, it wasn't applied correctly.
if u see the blotches of oil splattered on the leaves it wasn't applied correctly .. YOU MUST USE WARM WATER< ALCOHOL < AND HAVE A SHINE T O THE WHOLE PLANT ! Then 4 days later ,, I will use a alcohol mixed with plain water to spray ,, 4 days later i use the oil mix like explained above ,, then again alcohol and water ,, after about 3 to 4 weeks u will have them gone !

HOPE IT HELPS

L

labscission

I've used Floramite, and it worked well, but I wasn't able to hit the plants in my flower chamber with it so I'm getting some Azamax for that as well as changing up the Floramite with some Forbid. Persistant little buggers.

J

jdubz206

thanks everyone for the info. no plants in the room, i just wanted to make sure that the eggs weren't sticking around dormant anywhere.

S

SatansSon

Fresh cold pressed Neem oil without preservatives n what not is the way to go. Add 7cc per gallon water few drop regular dishsoap n 10 drops superthrive per gallon warm water. thoroughly spray every three -four days when ya got an infestation once a week when ya dont. It really regulates fungal issues too. Don't buy the neem from the stores n grow shops its almost all way too old n got perservatives added. A Place called Ahimsa Alternatives sells pure fresh natural neem products straight from India. Use a small container for everyday use n store the majority in the fridge to keep it fresh.

In cali the borg was destroying my efforts and I refuse to spray any chemicals on my meds, just seems sacreligious to growing my own. You people are nazi about all these chemicals ya blowing on your smoke glad I MOSTLY PUFF MY OWN N BIG BROS...LOL
My bro here in CO kept pushing the neem but I had no faith cuz me n friends all had used the store bought stuff with mediocre results against the borg. The oil itself stops insects ability to molt therefore grow but theres a active ingredient that sterilizes them but it degrades at room temp pretty fast (3 months).... got to apply every 3-4 days while infested though cuz the eggs survive and the bugs got a 3-5 day life cycle at optimum temps. I hate them! Here in Colorado when fall hits and all the outside foliage dies its still warm quite a bit and they come in masses starving! Same as in early spring when it first warms but little outside has grown. Similar to when the "hatches" COME ON THE LAKES N RIVERS SUPER EARLY WITH JUST A HINT OF WARMTH...so do they. I never noticed this in Cali but its probably the same there too.

peace n happy herbs :anim_52:

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

We use a mix of zero tolerance, cold pressed neem, and gnatrol. About a 1/3 or 1/4 of what they say to use as a soil drench and or spray. We got rid of gnats and mites at the same time in two rounds. Plants smelled lovely as well.

Otto

sedate

sedate

I bought some infected clones off another grower awhile back - and then had to leave my grow in the hands of a relative for a few weeks - so I get back to an overgrown, infected, crawling mess.

I took a four-step process to solving the problem:

1) Removed all seriously infected/damaged/webbed leaves
2) Hosed them down in the shower to remove loose eggs/mites
3) 50/50 solution of rubbing alcohol and water sprayed on underside of leaves - wait for solution to evaporate
4) Safer Brand Organic Pest Control Spray, reapply every seven days

The battle is still being waged, but success is on the horizon - but the buggers really took a whack out of my Durban Poison - this outbreak is going to cost me 4 or 5 ounces of yield - my Indica strains seemed to handle the the things better and I think they'll come through unscathed though.

J

Jalisco Kid

I would use a product by raid call Fumigator I would then spray physan 20 when dry I would using a respirator spray floromite. I would use some air to push it into cracks(same with physan) I would then heat up my room (10 days)with lights if you want.Then I would spray floromite again. Then raid at the 2 weeks mark. Then only enter with work clothes no shoes. Only bring in plants that have been in a 4 week quarantine. I do not except many plants for that reason. Grow a few killer strains and trade for different herbs. JK

S

saltr

After perpetual battle with the evil two-spotted spider mite, i've managed to control the borg with CO2. I turn-off the lights, open the canister a bit, seal my tent, turn-off ventilation and return in fifteen minutes to dead mites. So far, i've been running the CO2 once a day, every three days, with remarkable success.

Top Bottom